Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #871
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
Here now in Tokelau. Green fences are up along the beach toward Tahiti and near the path to the TTC - that's it for construction that we notice which is barely anything!
Great! We go in two weeks and wanted Tokelau...do you suggest we ask for a certain side or anything? We would like decent views but noise is more of the concern (napping toddler).
Old 10-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #872
Tikiman
He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e waiho kala'e ihola ma 'o!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
Just to clarify, I wasn't comparing the sizes of Poly vs GF rooms. I was saying that the rooms on the monorail are some of the larger rooms. I've stayed in BC many times, & those rooms are definitely smaller. CR rooms are big too.
Good point. Yes the rooms at those deluxes are much bigger than rooms at all the other deluxe resorts with WL and AKL being the smallest.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #873
SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriealex View Post
You can get Poly reservations for a lot less than that with the discounts, Personally I don't have a problem taking a launch to another resort to use the pool the pool is only a tiny part of our vacation. I stayed at CR twice an would not recommend it. Too sterile, too much concrete and reminds me of an airport.
Another thought about using the GF pool while staying at the Poly... we were just there, staying at Tuvalu, and the walk to GF is surprisingly close. If you happen to be in a longhouse on that side of the Poly, your walk to the GF pool wouldn't be too long (definitely not worth taking a boat).
2007 - Polynesian
2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
2013 - Polynesian
Plus more trips to Disneyland than could be counted!!
SlightlyocdDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #874
karriealex
When I am at the Polynesian I am home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
no not that night (Monday before Thanksgiving) are eating at Kona for breakfast our last morning! ....thought anyone could go out to the beach we are all staying on property at different resorts.
If it is super crowded often they will check resort keys and if you are not staying there you are asked to leave. There actually is a sign to the effect that the pool and beach are for resort guests of the Polynesian only. I don't think you will have a problem and you could always say you were going to Kona afterward as you often don't need an actual ADR for that. I am not a big one for getting upset over people coming to the beach to watch Wishes. My buggaboo is the pool.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #875
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyocdDisneyfan View Post
Another thought about using the GF pool while staying at the Poly... we were just there, staying at Tuvalu, and the walk to GF is surprisingly close. If you happen to be in a longhouse on that side of the Poly, your walk to the GF pool wouldn't be too long (definitely not worth taking a boat).
I have to agree with this.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #876
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
I wonder how the folks with GF reservations are feeling about this. I'm assuming their themed pools will be pretty crowded for the next year or so with the Poly people using those facilities.
Probably the same way the Poly people felt when the GF pool was down for many months.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #877
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
I’m just telling you what a front desk manager and every front desk CM I have asked has told me. They said that if someone told me they had a number that called the actual front desk then they are lying to me or they believe it was the front desk. Even to get to the back office (which is possible) you have to be forwarded because those numbers are not public. If front desk managers and staff do not know how things work then a lot of my information must be wrong.

I have heard stories that they try to be very convincing at making you believe they are at the resort.
Steve I know you keep telling us this but there have been just too many instances that I have called and things done and people getting on the phone in seconds for this to be true, If they are at CRO they are not going to waste the time that woman did with me just for appearances. They are far too busy to play games like that.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #878
Tikiman
He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e waiho kala'e ihola ma 'o!

Quote:
Steve I know you keep telling us this but there have been just too many instances that I have called and things done and people getting on the phone in seconds for this to be true, If they are at CRO they are not going to waste the time that woman did with me just for appearances. They are far too busy to play games like that.
I have no proof who you spoke to I only have the information that came from me being at the Polynesian and talking to the people that work at the front desk and in the offices behind the front desk. There is no possibility that all those people lied to me about this information so the only other explanation that supports my information being incorrect is they are all misinformed including the manager.

You must consider that you cannot see who you were speaking with or what they did when they got off the phone. They could have called someone at Polynesian Recreation or even forwarded you to someone there. That is very possible but having a phone number that calls the front desk I am told is not possible. I will have to stick with the information that I am given from people that work there.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #879
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
If it is super crowded often they will check resort keys and if you are not staying there you are asked to leave. There actually is a sign to the effect that the pool and beach are for resort guests of the Polynesian only. I don't think you will have a problem and you could always say you were going to Kona afterward as you often don't need an actual ADR for that. I am not a big one for getting upset over people coming to the beach to watch Wishes. My buggaboo is the pool.
thanks for the info! I hear you about the pools, if you want to use that specific pool you'd better cough up the $$$ to stay at that resort! never knew the beach was just for resort guests, since I've read that a number of people like to go watch Wishes from the beach and then head back to their resorts.

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #880
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Just called about Luau Beach for May 2014. They said it would be open for the vow renewal. Now i am debating staying Poly club again. We have YC club booked but really want to stay where renewal will be. I am driving myself crazy! Someone look into a crystal ball and tell me what im in for May 17-23 2014???!
Old 10-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #881
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
thanks for the info! I hear you about the pools, if you want to use that specific pool you'd better cough up the $$$ to stay at that resort! never knew the beach was just for resort guests, since I've read that a number of people like to go watch Wishes from the beach and then head back to their resorts.
I really don't think it is going to be a problem. I would just go, watch and have fun but I would refrain from using the chairs etc,,, as that is what gets some peoples ire up.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #882
karriealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
Just called about Luau Beach for May 2014. They said it would be open for the vow renewal. Now i am debating staying Poly club again. We have YC club booked but really want to stay where renewal will be. I am driving myself crazy! Someone look into a crystal ball and tell me what im in for May 17-23 2014???!
If it were me I would stay at the Poly on the Luau cove side if possible. The transport in dress clothes from the other resort would not be fun at all.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #883
Pirate Mickey mom
Earning My Ears

DH and I discussed switching to another resort for our January 2014 stay. We looked at WL club level and AKL club level. We decided to stay at Poly even though the pool may be closed. It's a monorail resort and we absolutely love the theming. It's just not worth it (for us) to stay at another resort. We are going to add the water park option to our package so we will be covered if the pool is closed. DD (7) will be super excited to visit the water park. DS (2) will be happy with the quiet pool. We are surprising them the day we leave. I hope they FREAK out!

1998 offsite, Jan 2010 CB, Nov 2010 POR, Mar 2011 Swan, Jan 2012 AKL Kidani Village/Disney Dream/CB, Jan 2013 Poly/Disney Fantasy, Jan 2014 Poly
Pirate Mickey mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #884
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Mickey mom View Post
DH and I discussed switching to another resort for our January 2014 stay. We looked at WL club level and AKL club level. We decided to stay at Poly even though the pool may be closed. It's a monorail resort and we absolutely love the theming. It's just not worth it (for us) to stay at another resort. We are going to add the water park option to our package so we will be covered if the pool is closed. DD (7) will be super excited to visit the water park. DS (2) will be happy with the quiet pool. We are surprising them the day we leave. I hope they FREAK out!
We are doing Poly club level in Jan too! We are bigger fans of the quiet pool anyway so it's not an issue for us. FYI, Typhoon Lagoon is the only water park open in Jan...Blizzard Beach is closed. You may know this already but Jan can be pretty chilly sometimes so a water park may not be as much fun. When we were in the quiet pool last year, we were the only ones. People walked by us and said, "how can you be in there? It's freezing!" I told them we were Northerners...temps in the 60s in the winter is balmy
Old 10-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #885
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but word is that the pool closing could last for up to one year.

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: