Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #31
fauntleroy53
If It Weren't For My Mood Swings I Wouldn't Get Any Exercise At All

DH & I just purchased AP's and we were just days away from committing to a stay at the Poly 2/2-2/9/14.
We never even considered anywhere else........

I guess we need to come up with a back-up.

Once an official booking/deposit is completed,is it set in cement/cannot be changed??????
What is the policy for changing resorts??
fauntleroy53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #32
wyurm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
I'm keeping a close watch on this as well. We're currently booked at the Poly for the first week of December and if there is construction that will impact our stay then we'll definitely be moving. Given the price of the Poly I will not pay those high rates to endure construction. That said, we were there at the and of January this year when they were re-doing Hawaii and that construction did not affect us in any way.
We will be staying at the Poly during the same week . I'm willing to gamble that any construction taking place during the end of this year will be minimal. It's been my wife's dream to stay there so I'm willing to risk it though I really hope they wait till January to start.
wyurm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2013, 10:30 PM   #33
buckeyejennifer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauntleroy53 View Post
DH & I just purchased AP's and we were just days away from committing to a stay at the Poly 2/2-2/9/14.

Once an official booking/deposit is completed,is it set in cement/cannot be changed??????
You can make changes! I always second-guess my resort choice and have frequently made changes. You just have to pay the difference (if the new resort is more expensive). If you change within 45 days of arrival and the new resort costs less, there may be a penalty.

1975 (off site)*1980 (Buena Vista Palace)*1988 (Treehouse Villas)*1993 (Treehouse Villas)*1994 (Port Orleans)*1995 (Treehouse Villas)*2008 (Old Key West)*2009 (Poly/Disney Wonder)*2010 (BWV/Disney Wonder)*2011 (BLT/Disney Dream)*2011 (Poly)*2012 (Yacht Club)*2014 (BCV)
buckeyejennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:44 PM   #34
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauntleroy53 View Post

Book a room only. There are no cancellation fees before 5 days. No change fees. You can make changes right up until you check in without penalty. Requires one night deposit before check in. You cannot get dining plan, but you are AP holders. The tables in wonderland is a much better discount than the dining plans. You will get 20% off on food and alcohol.

Ofinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #35
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Where are the dvc boards? I can't find them. Trying to check out that water dept thing someone posted here.

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #36
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennygt View Post
Where are the dvc boards? I can't find them. Trying to check out that water dept thing someone posted here.
Further down the boards there is an entire section dedicated to DVC. Just scroll down from the main DIS board page.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #37
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Found them! thanks!

Old 07-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #38
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Pool Closure info

FTI tikiman is reporting that the volcano pool is going to be closed for an undetermiined amound of time starting in Jan. No specific info on what is happening.

I know there was some talk of Sept closing but that seems to be untrue at this point? I will post if I read anything else about this. Anyone have anymore onformation on the pool situation?

Old 07-03-2013, 07:36 AM   #39
graceandhayes
Mouseketeer

"Its All About the Mouse Travel" Facebook page posted a list of closures on Monday. It says the volcano pool will be closed 9/9/13 - 9/20/13. I have not seen this anywhere else. Can anyone confirm this? We are booked during those dates, and this would be a show stopper for us. Half of the reason my kids want to go to WDW is to stay at the Polynesian, and swim in the volcano pool. Hoping it is not true!
graceandhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:58 AM   #40
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

Tikiman said it has been pushed back to January and I trust him.

Katie
Old 07-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #41
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

You could call poly direct and ask , that will give you some extra piece of mind.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #42
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
FTI tikiman is reporting that the volcano pool is going to be closed for an undetermiined amound of time starting in Jan. No specific info on what is happening.

I know there was some talk of Sept closing but that seems to be untrue at this point? I will post if I read anything else about this. Anyone have anymore onformation on the pool situation?
I too am interested in this (planning a trip for early May 2014 and it will be a show stopper if the Volcano Pool is closed)
Old 07-03-2013, 08:33 AM   #43
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

One thing I know is completed is the fire pit. The walls are all down. Picture on tikimans FB page.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #44
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You could call poly direct and ask , that will give you some extra piece of mind.
Unfortunately you can't. There is no direct number to the Poly. All calls are routed to a call center, most likely no where near Orlando. People here on the DIS are usually more up on refurbs, etc than the phone CM's at the call centers are.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:13 AM   #45
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

You are right dans dad. I meant wdw main number, not sure if that will help or not.jan would make more sense , but who knows?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: