Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #196
jw50
I might make it sound more embarrasing that it really was
By definition all of the maelstrom women are hotties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
I hope they put in a Hooters and Applebee's
Well maybe not Hooters or Applebee's but I do think it would be great if they put a fine dining restaurant out there, the Poly is the only Deluxe without a Signature and the views would be outstanding.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #197
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

So now that I can no longer live in denial about this, my new wish is for them to scrap those water bungalows. Too much.

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #198
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennygt View Post
So now that I can no longer live in denial about this, my new wish is for them to scrap those water bungalows. Too much.
I can't imagine sleeping in a bungalow above that water.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #199
momtobrynncess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
Thats true. Those bungalows could be a new strip mall they are putting off the beach of the Polynesian. I hope they put in a Hooters and Applebee's

Quote:
I think the bungalows are the most exciting part of the new plans!! I can't wait to see them! I've already told dh that even if they are so expensive that we can only afford one night, we ARE going to try them!
5/97 CR Tower-8/98 CR-10/99 GF-9/2000 CR-9/01 CR (got engaged!-9/02 CR/Married at Wedding Pavilion-9/03 CR-9/04 GF/CR-9/05 WL-1/06 CR-9/06 OKW-2/07 CR (got upgraded to Concierge!)-9/07 CR-9/08 Poly-11/2009 Poly-9/2010 Poly-8/11 Poly-8/2012 CSR-8/13 Poly
Me dh dd ddog

momtobrynncess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:39 PM   #200
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtobrynncess

I think the bungalows are the most exciting part of the new plans!! I can't wait to see them! I've already told dh that even if they are so expensive that we can only afford one night, we ARE going to try them!
I agree, I think the bungalows are going to be awesome!!! I cannot wait to see the Poly after everything is complete. I am probably one of the few excited about the refurbishments and construction.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #201
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2four View Post
Blech I agree

Old 08-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #202
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Blech I agree
Hopefully the brain eating amoeba don't climb....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #203
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Hopefully the brain eating amoeba don't climb....
Lol, also don't want to rain on the parade of those who are happy for this, to each his or her own, we all love the poly!!

Old 08-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #204
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My thoughts exactly! It's nothing like the crystal clear water in Bora Bora. Who wants to look at green gunk? I'm not sure what Disney is thinking with this one.

Ofinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #205
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lol, also don't want to rain on the parade of those who are happy for this, to each his or her own, we all love the poly!!
Agreed. I'm not saying the bungalows won't look neat (from a distance LOL), but I don't think I could sleep there.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:38 PM   #206
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2four

Agreed. I'm not saying the bungalows won't look neat (from a distance LOL), but I don't think I could sleep there.
Who knows, maybe it's a signature restaurant over the water.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:56 PM   #207
Royal Consort
And I thought a Park Hopper was just a Kangaroo in a native reserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
My'Ohana+
Old 08-10-2013, 01:05 AM   #208
bwifan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonmj84 View Post
I've also read reports here and elsewhere that some Poly guests are being offered to switch to GF due to overbooking.

Steve's speculation seems to be the most logical reason why this is happening (especially given that they never did the scheduled room refurb in Tahiti in combination with the recent South Florida Water Mgmt permits).

This also suggests to me that Disney is really gearing up to pull the trigger on all of the refurbs (e.g., GCH, Nanea pool) and not just the ones directly related to DVC construction because it makes the most sense to do these (i.e., live with less demand) when the resort is not at full booking capacity.

In addition, it tells me that they are serious about trying to finish by late 2015 or early 2016 beause they won't want these units sitting idle for any longer than necessary. Along those lines, I would think they'd want all of the other resort

refurbs (GCH, pool) to be done by the time they open DVC and since they're likely to do these in stages, they'll want to start sooner than later.

As of just a few days ago, I was (wishfully) speculating that the Nanea pool and GCH refurbs wouldn't happen for at least a year because Disney has a track record of dragging their feet on projects, especially since the GF DVC isn't quite finished (so why hurry on Poly DVC?). Moreover, if the Nanea pool were to be closed for, say, 7-8 months as was the GF courtyard pool, it would seem to make more sense to close it over the fall-winter (as they did with GF courtyard pool) than from January through the busiest part of the summer.

But with Tahiti and possibly Rapa Nui down, having the Nanea pool down over the summer is less of a concern because, as noted above, Disney can live with less resort demand.

If I had to wager a guess at this point, I'd say there's a pretty good chance the Nanea pool will be down for the better part of 2014 beginning in January and that work on removing the GCH main water feature may likely happen at around that time as well. Then, once the work to the pool and water feature is done, they'll work on the parts of the GCH that involve (at least temporarily) closing shops and restaurants.

So overall, I'm guessing Nanea pool and GCH water feature construction through the better part of 2014 and various GCH restaurant and shop closures through the better part of 2015.

In view of all that, I still can't decide whether to cancel my May 2014 reservation.

I am also very interested in may 2014. I try to stay abreast of the issues, but it can be confusing and contradictory. One question. Will the poly have a pool may 2014 or will they have to use gf pool? Anyone want to hazard a guess?
bwifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #209
VeronicaBride
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwifan View Post
I am also very interested in may 2014. I try to stay abreast of the issues, but it can be confusing and contradictory. One question. Will the poly have a pool may 2014 or will they have to use gf pool? Anyone want to hazard a guess?
This is what my concerns boil down to as well but for October 2014! I can deal with construction but my kids would be so sad if there was no pool!
VeronicaBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #210
momtobrynncess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofinn View Post
My thoughts exactly! It's nothing like the crystal clear water in Bora Bora. Who wants to look at green gunk? I'm not sure what Disney is thinking with this one.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Just speculating here, but knowing how Disney does things, I feel like it will be spectacular, like most things they do. Let 's face it-isn't that one of the reasons we all go to Disney, and love it so much? Disney's standards are so way above most places. I have been to very few places where the beauty and cleanliness meet the standards of Disney. All the new construction Disney puts up is really beautiful and the quality is excellent. This is not to say that there aren't places that need help-I completely acknowledge that. But given the sheer volume of people visiting and staying there everyday, I feel they do a very good job.

That said, I can't imagine Disney wouldn't do an amazing job on a bungalow or cabana over the water. I feel that to even undertake this task and think that it's going to be someplace really spectacular where people would want to stay (and pay good money for), they must have something really amazing in mind. I also highly doubt the floors will be clear as in some of the tropical places in the Caribbean where the waters are so beautiful. I agree there-looking into the murky water is not something that would be appealing.

At least that's my hope-that they are really spectacular, and hopefully not too expensive. I'm already fantasizing about our normal stay in a standard view and having our last night in a bungalow before we leave.
5/97 CR Tower-8/98 CR-10/99 GF-9/2000 CR-9/01 CR (got engaged!-9/02 CR/Married at Wedding Pavilion-9/03 CR-9/04 GF/CR-9/05 WL-1/06 CR-9/06 OKW-2/07 CR (got upgraded to Concierge!)-9/07 CR-9/08 Poly-11/2009 Poly-9/2010 Poly-8/11 Poly-8/2012 CSR-8/13 Poly
Me dh dd ddog

momtobrynncess is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: