Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #181
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyfor4 View Post
This sounds spot on to me! We're also booked for may 2014 and spend almost every dinner conversation trying to decide what construction will be enough to make us switch resorts. We're so desperate to be at the poly I could be okay with the pool remodel as long as the lobby was untouched. But you start messing with the pool, lobby and two buildings all at the same time I'm going want some major discounts! With an awesome rate, a lapu lapu, and a few of chef Eugene's treats in the cl lounge I can get over construction- Mahalo Mickey!

Another huge Mahalo to Tikiman! Your updates and speculations have been awesome- very thankful to be in the know with all of the potential DVC construction. If you're reading this thread and haven't liked his Facebook page- do it asap! Can't imagine booking a TPV CL room only to show up and find the poly is disarray- it pays to know!
I'm trying to decide whether or not I can live with just the pool (and maybe some minor GCH) remodel. I know they'll boat us over to GF but then I start thinking, why not just stay GF and avoid the hassle? But my heart still says Poly (in part, because I want to check out the remodeled Poly rooms and don't particularly care for the decor of the GF rooms).

And on the discount front, I'm concerned that even if the're a lot of construction going on (e.g., pool, GCH, Sunset Point, TTC end of the resort, Tiki torches down at night, etc.) Disney won't be all that motivated to give big discounts because:

(1) Having Tahiti and Rapa Nui out for DVC conversion takes rougly 1/4 of the rooms out of inventory, meaning Disney can live with less resort capacity (and is going to want to milk all they can out of the remaining rooms); and

(2) By early spring, the New Fantasyland (Mine Train, etc.) should be finished, which should increase demand across all of their resort properties, but most especially the Monorail resorts.

I'm still holding on to my Poly ressie but can't help but think I'm irrationally giving into my inner Poly fanboy if I'm honestly considering spending the big money to stay there if it's going to be a construction wall laden/tiki torchless mess.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:40 AM   #182
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

If I have to be taken by boat to the GF for the pool then I will just stay there. It is a hassle with my small kids and grandparents in tow just getting to the pool at the resort we are at, let alone facor in another transportation situation. lol

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #183
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Quiet day today after a few days of drama on this thread.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #184
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennygt View Post
yeh, all of us 'fanboys' must have been busy today (just kidding of course!) I am enjoying the overall fun conversation about one of our favorite resorts! Aside from not enjoying construction, I am excited about the updates and am confident they will do a fantastic job!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Port Orleans Riverside

DisneyDoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #185
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennygt View Post
It seems the discussion has migrated over to the main Poly thread.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #186
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

I hope not because of the drama here.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #187
bama_ed
My old avatar was the blue Muppet named Grover

Drawings

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3154580

I apologize for not having read all the posts in this thread but did ya'll see the drawing for the rehab of the Poly submitted to SFWMD? It has the pilings shown for the buildings out in the lagoon. I posted some pictures in the thread above.

Over at the Camping Board there have been rumors of a DVC between Fort Wilderness Campground and Wilderness Lodge at the old River Country site but I guess the Poly DVC got the green light first.

Bama Ed
Jan 1988 FW 700 Loop (tent).......Jan 2004 FW 2500 Loop (cabin)....... Apr 2011 FW 2000 Loop (pop-up)
May 1988 FW 1200 Loop (tent).... May 2006 FW 900 Loop (pop-up) .... Mar 2012 FW 1500 Loop (pop-up)
Dec 1995 Contemporary.............. Mar 2007 FW 1000 Loop (pop-up).... Apr 2013 FW 100 Loop (pop-up)

plus countless WDW day trips, DL 3X, DLP 2X - TV: 2005 Chevy Suburban - Camper: 2014 Aliner Expedition - Nights Camped: 182
bama_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #188
LifeOnCloud8
Earning My Ears

Thank you for the updates!

I'm booking a trip to the Poly for Jan. 2-10, and after reading this thread, I'm hoping for the best and sticking with my plans. I've got a 40% discount from my sorority sister who's a castmember - and it's likely to be the only time for a few years (at least) I'll be able to stay at my dream resort. Since I'm not planning on CL or using the pool hopefully the plans won't affect me too much, but I'm definitely subbing to this thread to stay up to date!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #189
Tikiman
He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e waiho kala'e ihola ma 'o!

Someone announced that more permits were filed for Polynesian DVC construction. I have not seen them yet but hopefully soon. Anyone still think this is a rumor?
Old 08-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #190
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
Someone announced that more permits were filed for Polynesian DVC construction. I have not seen them yet but hopefully soon. Anyone still think this is a rumor?
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Port Orleans Riverside

DisneyDoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #191
Tikiman

I have been updating my room information on each longhouse (view categories) and with the closing of Tahiti at some point that will remove a lot of lagoon and themepark view rooms. I also see they re-categorized some of the rooms in Aotearoa and lost even more lagoon and themepark view rooms. There were no changes to Tuvalu (leaving it with 22 themepark view and 9 lagoon view rooms) but Aotearoa no longer has any themepark view rooms on the 2nd floor and only one on the 1st floor. That leaves 5 themepark view rooms on the 3rd floor for a total of 6 in the whole building. 4 of the lagoon view rooms were changed to standard view leaving 9 left.

When Tahiti closes and comes back as DVC rooms 26 lagoon view rooms and 46 themepark view rooms will no longer be available.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #192
markmcalear
Mouseketeer

Tikiman, I am booked into Poly late August 2014. I know its a long time away but what are your initial thoughts as to how much construction there may be there at that time?

This will be our first stay at Poly, previously we stayed AKL Savannah View

markmcalear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #193
Tikiman

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmcalear View Post
Tikiman, I am booked into Poly late August 2014. I know its a long time away but what are your initial thoughts as to how much construction there may be there at that time?

This will be our first stay at Poly, previously we stayed AKL Savannah View
There are a lot of proposed projects that affect the resort from the marina to the Transportation and Ticket Center (2/3 of the resort) that can happen at any time from now until early 2016 when they targeted to be done with all this so its hard to know what will be going on at any month in 2014.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #194
jw50
I might make it sound more embarrasing that it really was
By definition all of the maelstrom women are hotties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
The previous permits were for "Poly Rehab" and do not mention DVC.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #195
Tikiman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw50 View Post
The previous permits were for "Poly Rehab" and do not mention DVC.
Thats true. Those bungalows could be a new strip mall they are putting off the beach of the Polynesian. I hope they put in a Hooters and Applebee's

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: