Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
DisneyBliss7
''Wish upon a star''

Question Need help on what time we will arrive at the resort

We are staying at AKV, Kidani. Our flight is suppose to get in at 12:50pm and we are using Magical Express. How long should it take to get to our resort? We have 6:30 dinner reservations at 1900 Park Fare. I was hoping to have time for the kids to swim a little and maybe DTD for walk....Also I was hoping to see fireworks after dinner. Where would be the best spot to go for that? Is the calender on easywdw accurate, I was going to look on there and see who was having fireworks that night. It will be 9/28

DD-13 DD-10 DS-7 DS-7 DS-3 DH- ME-
DisneyBliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Expect 70 - 90 minutes from the time you deboard the plane.

There is lots of info regarding ME on the transportation board.
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
phdhycster
Mouseketeer

It took us almost 2 hours to get to our resort POP in December with the Magical express. Swimming sounds possible but Swimming and DTD sounds ver ambitious.
phdhycster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:24 AM   #4
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

90 minutes from deplaning to resort arrival would be a good estimate.

Swimming sounds like a good idea. But combining that with a trip to DTD is probably too ambitious, given the time it would take to travel there and back in time for your ADR.

Easywdw is usually very accurate with their calendars and crowd predictions. And the parks have their evening shows/fireworks every night. Bear in mind that MK closes early several nights a week in Sept and Oct for the MNSSHP, so you would need a separate ticket to get into the park to see the special party version of Wishes on those nights. OR you could just watch the fireworks from the dock area outside Narcoossee's at the GF after you are finished your meal. The sound track is piped into the area.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #5
disneymayz
DIS Veteran

Fireworks - you are already at GF so hang out there and watch them. The beach at Polly is a great viewing spot IMO. They play the music like in MK.
May '99-Dixie Landings / Disney Cruise May '00-All-Star Music May '01-All-Star Movies June '03-All-Star Sports May '04-Off-site May '05-Pop Century May '06-Old Key West Dec. '07-All-Star Movies June '08-Disneyland Hotel / Grand Cali. / Paradise Pier June '09-AKV / All-Star Music / Saratoga Springs Resort Jan '10 - CBR / May '10 - Pop Century May '11 Pop / AKV / VWL Dec '11 OKW / BW/ All-Star Sports April '12 Polly Sep/Oct '12 VGC June'13 SSR/AKV/BCV/BLT Dec '13 All-star Sports Feb '14 Pop/CS/GFV/AKV May '14 ASMo
disneymayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #6
shyjade
DIS Veteran

I agree with the others. Swimming should work fine, but DTD would be a big risk. I've found the bussing to/from DTD is spotty at best, and often takes much longer than to/from the parks. Maybe it's just my luck, but if it were me, there's no way I'd attempt DTD before your dinner reservations.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:06 PM   #7
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to point out that while you will probably have time to swim, you will not have your luggage, so you need to pack swimsuits and such in the carry-on. Also keep in mind you won't have toiletries and what not to freshen up for dinner.
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #8
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBliss7 View Post
We are staying at AKV, Kidani. Our flight is suppose to get in at 12:50pm and we are using Magical Express. How long should it take to get to our resort? We have 6:30 dinner reservations at 1900 Park Fare. I was hoping to have time for the kids to swim a little and maybe DTD for walk....Also I was hoping to see fireworks after dinner. Where would be the best spot to go for that? Is the calender on easywdw accurate, I was going to look on there and see who was having fireworks that night. It will be 9/28
Check in for DVC resorts if after 4PM. So even if you arrive before then, you might not be in your villa until after 4PM.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: