Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
kittykitty87
DIS Veteran

The 'This-was-supposed-to-be-a-holiday-to-Mexico' TRIP REPORT! 01/10/2012 cont..Part3

We also walked through Seuss Landing and had a nose around but again we didn't go on anything in this section but headed straight back over to Marvel Super Hero Island to see if Spider-Man was open.

It was but there was a bit of a queue. Apparently it hadn't been running very well all day. While we queued I managed to get some pics:

The ride was awesome! I did scream a lot though on it while Karl was laughing at me! The way the car moves with the screen was just brilliant!

After this ride we decided it was time to leave. I was feeling tired and so was Karl so we stopped off at the gift shop on the way out. I bought a Jurassic Park and Harry Potter T-Shirt and Karl bought a Despicable Me Minion T-Shirt! They are awesome!

We strolled back to the car but noticed it was starting to get very grey. We got on to the roof of the car park but we couldn't find the car!!! We had no idea were it was and then to make matters worse, the heavens opened and it rained, BAD!!

It was no good, we had to go and find the car in the rain. We ran and ran trying to find it when eventually Karl spotted it in a place we had walked past it about 100 times! We were both soaked to the skin!! Karl was that wet he changed in to his new Minion T-Shirt in the car so he didn't have to sit there wet!!

It pretty much rained for the rest of the evening and we had a pretty bad thunder storm too. Due to this we stayed in for food that evening and ordered pizza and fries from the bar in our hotel. Best pizza I have ever eaten!!

Although we had a good day, there were a few things we missed such as a the Dragon Challenge so as we were going to Universal Studios the next day, we thought we would just pop back to Islands of Adventure first think and do the things we missed.

We enjoyed Islands of Adventure but we werent 100% impressed with it as a park. Never mind, was still a good day though!

Continued...

'This-was-supposed-to-be-a-holiday-to-Mexico' TRIP REPORT! Sept/Oct 2012
The 'this-was-supposed-to-be-a-holiday-to-Mexico' PTR

Last edited by kittykitty87; 05-13-2013 at 02:53 PM.
kittykitty87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:05 AM   #2
strawberry blonde
DIS Veteran

Just read all your days in one go. You both look like you're having a good time and lots of great photos

We go in June so really looking forward to the Universal parks as we haven't been back since Feb '09.
strawberry blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2013, 06:12 AM   #3
kittykitty87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry blonde View Post
Just read all your days in one go. You both look like you're having a good time and lots of great photos

We go in June so really looking forward to the Universal parks as we haven't been back since Feb '09.
Aww thank you for reading! In off work at the moment so having a mega trip report update! I took sooo many photos and we did so much so thanks for the taking the time to read them all! More will be coming today!

I hope you have a wonderful time! x

Old 05-17-2013, 03:58 PM   #4
westgrove
Mouseketeer

Really enjoying your TR so far- we go this October so it's always great to see reports for a similar time of year. Im too scared to go on big coasters like hulk - i hope to be a bit braver this time!
westgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great TR!
Old 05-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #6
kittykitty87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by westgrove View Post
Really enjoying your TR so far- we go this October so it's always great to see reports for a similar time of year. Im too scared to go on big coasters like hulk - i hope to be a bit braver this time!
Thank you for reading!

Don't be scared, I was the same as you, haha! Just go in it, if you don't like it you know you don't have to ride it again but least you can say you have been on it! Trust me you will regret it

Hope you have a great time x

Old 05-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #7
kittykitty87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great TR!
Thank you and thanks for reading!