Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2014, 11:46 AM   #796
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Oh No!

I forgot about the May discounts until just now! I was planning a short trip in May and looks like there's limited availability at the Contemporary for most dates.

crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:56 AM   #797
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddygirl View Post
Yay!!! All done! AND I overslept!

I did not wait on hold for even 1 second....she surprised me when she answered! I was booked for 12 nights POR. I was able to book last night,at midnight, BC 30% off RO for our last 6 nights!! This morning she shortened our POR package by 6 nights and applied the discounts. I got pixie dusted!!!!!! 30% off POR!!!!! I know it is not a huge difference, but yay!!!

Good luck everyone!!!!!
Gottu say I had much a similar experience.

After having issues with the online booking (it wouldn't allow me to book a package with tickets) I then called in, and after telling "Emily" (the automated thing) "where to go" by hitting 0000000 .... got a CM right away and she set me up perfectly.

We are now bringing my mom down to Disney !!! She will be staying at POR and I couldn't be happier ! Very excited !!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2014, 11:59 AM   #798
Tebrown96
Mouseketeer

I'm getting nervous! My TA is taking care of applying the discount to our existing reservation, but I've been fooling around on the Web site. It doesn't look like our current reservation (CR, Garden Wing) is included in the discount! It seems like standard rooms in most resorts are excluded. I don't particularly want to change resorts (we picked CR for a reason!) but I'm thinking the cost savings of changing to WL would be worth it. DYING to hear back from our TA!
Tebrown96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:33 PM   #799
racefans44
Mouseketeer

I got my discount this morning. Upgraded to garden view at POR from a standard room that I had booked. Saved $286. It looks like standard view rooms at POR at not included in the discount.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:11 PM   #800
familyabgar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebrown96 View Post
I'm getting nervous! My TA is taking care of applying the discount to our existing reservation, but I've been fooling around on the Web site. It doesn't look like our current reservation (CR, Garden Wing) is included in the discount! It seems like standard rooms in most resorts are excluded. I don't particularly want to change resorts (we picked CR for a reason!) but I'm thinking the cost savings of changing to WL would be worth it. DYING to hear back from our TA!

Just heard back from my TA. Neither the 2bed villa at BLT nor the CR GW rooms we have reserved could have the discount applied. So no ticket special either, they told her. That's a let down.
familyabgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:37 PM   #801
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
Oh No!

I forgot about the May discounts until just now! I was planning a short trip in May and looks like there's limited availability at the Contemporary for most dates.
You probably didn't miss the boat on this.

Last Thursday, when I tried to apply the Visa discount to my CR reservation for early May, I was told there were no standard (non CL) rooms available for my dates.

I think the Poly construction has caused the CR to be booked to a higher degree than normal.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:59 PM   #802
Disney Mommy D
Earning My Ears

Ok opinions needed... I applied the discount to our reservation this morning. We are currently booked for May 2-7 Contemporary TPV room. Our new total is $4267. I am being indecisive about our resort. We could stay at Poly in a standard view room for a total of $3570. Or we could stay at Wilderness Lodge for a total of $3066. We are traveling with a 6 year old and an 8 month old. What would you all do?? Keep the reservation at the Contemporary, or change to save more money? Is it worth the extra $$ for a TPV room (we had one at Poly last time)? Is it worth being on the monorail, or would Wilderness Lodge be just as convenient since it is so close to MK. Questions and decisions. Hmmmm.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:12 PM   #803
TeachTink
Mouseketeer

I got on last night at midnight and checked the original dates I wanted. Nothing available at POR. I ended up having to book a week earlier. This morning before work, I checked again, and all rooms were available. I called Disney and got right through. I was able to switch to the original dates I had wanted. Yay! I am only staying 4 nights but we are saving $227!
Old 01-06-2014, 02:17 PM   #804
TeachTink
Mouseketeer

Yes, the Standard Rooms are included. I booked one with the discount.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:18 PM   #805
Tebrown96
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy D View Post
Ok opinions needed... I applied the discount to our reservation this morning. We are currently booked for May 2-7 Contemporary TPV room. Our new total is $4267. I am being indecisive about our resort. We could stay at Poly in a standard view room for a total of $3570. Or we could stay at Wilderness Lodge for a total of $3066. We are traveling with a 6 year old and an 8 month old. What would you all do?? Keep the reservation at the Contemporary, or change to save more money? Is it worth the extra $$ for a TPV room (we had one at Poly last time)? Is it worth being on the monorail, or would Wilderness Lodge be just as convenient since it is so close to MK. Questions and decisions. Hmmmm.
We're currently booked in a standard room at the Contemporary but it sounds like we won't be able to have the discount applied. We're traveling with our 6 year old and really wanted to be on the monorail line (we stayed at Poly in 2012 and loooved it, but wanted to try something different). If we can't get the discount, though, I'm thinking of asking our TA to price out WL and we may switch if it's a significant savings. I know we were spoiled by staying at Poly last trip (soooo easy to get anywhere, we were so close to the TTC) so I'm nervous to stay somewhere that's only accessible by boat or bus.

I'm also thinking about having her price the Beach Club. Again, haven't been thrilled with how long I'm hearing it takes to get to MK from there, but convenience to EP and DHS may win out. We have two dinners scheduled in Epcot, so it would be nice to be right there.

I'm really bummed, though, that CR doesn't seem to be working out for us. We do not want to upgrade to a TPV room since we know how little we'll actually be in the room.
Tebrown96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:18 PM   #806
DonnaO
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy D View Post
The real question is- Do you have a car? I have found transportation can be slow at non peak times at Wilderness.
Also, there is nothing better than a room close to the park with a baby. (Miss those days!). Personally, Poly is my favorite but staying away with all the construction right now. I would go with Contemporary. Also, my sister and I talk all the time about how staying there when I was 6, was one of our best childhood memories. Spend it if you can.
DonnaO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:33 PM   #807
Disney Mommy D
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebrown96 View Post
We're currently booked in a standard room at the Contemporary but it sounds like we won't be able to have the discount applied. We're traveling with our 6 year old and really wanted to be on the monorail line (we stayed at Poly in 2012 and loooved it, but wanted to try something different). If we can't get the discount, though, I'm thinking of asking our TA to price out WL and we may switch if it's a significant savings. I know we were spoiled by staying at Poly last trip (soooo easy to get anywhere, we were so close to the TTC) so I'm nervous to stay somewhere that's only accessible by boat or bus.

I'm also thinking about having her price the Beach Club. Again, haven't been thrilled with how long I'm hearing it takes to get to MK from there, but convenience to EP and DHS may win out. We have two dinners scheduled in Epcot, so it would be nice to be right there.

I'm really bummed, though, that CR doesn't seem to be working out for us. We do not want to upgrade to a TPV room since we know how little we'll actually be in the room.
I know.. My problem is that we were definitely spoiled to the convenience of being on the monorail! We stayed in Tahiti, and it was just sooo convenient! Good luck with your res!
Old 01-06-2014, 02:35 PM   #808
Disney Mommy D
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaO View Post
The real question is- Do you have a car? I have found transportation can be slow at non peak times at Wilderness.
Also, there is nothing better than a room close to the park with a baby. (Miss those days!). Personally, Poly is my favorite but staying away with all the construction right now. I would go with Contemporary. Also, my sister and I talk all the time about how staying there when I was 6, was one of our best childhood memories. Spend it if you can.
Thanks for the reply! We will not have a car.. We will be flying and relying on Dis transportation. I think we would definitely miss the convenience of the monorail if we stayed elsewhere. I was having an indecisive moment, but I think I've decided to stick with the Contemporary.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:03 PM   #809
Loveslsu
Mouseketeer

I called when the lines opened this morning and I got the 20% discount on my Contemporary BLV room in May. Yay!

May 2014 First Disney World vacation as a family! Best Mother's Day ever!
Loveslsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:08 PM   #810
never2old4fun
Earning My Ears

Huge thanks to this forum....called 7 a.m. and saved $615 for our stay at CBR May 5th to the 14th in a preferred room. My question, even though we're told what our "new" price is I can't for the life of me find on the web to verify what our new discounted balance due is. Is it necessary to make a call to verify what our balance due is?....or am I overlooking a link somewhere to show what we owe when we arrive....thanks in advance.
never2old4fun is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: