Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2014, 12:43 PM   #616
babesboo99
Veteren Disney Vacationer

We are going for Halloween this year and I already have my room booked through DVC. My question is if I have a Disney Visa Card can I get the discounts on tickets ?
babesboo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:48 PM   #617
KaLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babesboo99 View Post
We are going for Halloween this year and I already have my room booked through DVC. My question is if I have a Disney Visa Card can I get the discounts on tickets ?
The dates for this promo stop on June 15. You'd have to wait for another promo to come out that covers your dates.

Me28 DH30 DD6.5 DD3.5
Past Trips:
April 27-28, 2009: All Star Music Resort - Country Western Area
This was our quick-take-a-Disney-vacation-to-get-a-feel-of-what-it's-like-before-we-have-kids-to-drag-along trip.
Planning in Progress:
May 4-10, 2014: Coronado Springs Resort
This is our the-kids-are-only-little-for-so-long-so-lets-make-this-as-magical-and-as-awesome-as-possible trip.
KaLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2014, 01:12 PM   #618
sifko36
Earning My Ears

We booked our POP vacation!!!!! We saved a little over 200 bucks. Doesn't seem too high but every single bit counts!!! So excited
Old 01-02-2014, 01:13 PM   #619
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babesboo99 View Post
But likely the answer is no in either event. Unless Disney offers discounted tickets or discounted tickets to DVC members, chances are, no luck.

We are booked in the Spring with DVC as well, knowing we wont get any discounts to add on top of this, but we are happy anyway knowing we saved like 60% off rack rate at those resorts ...
Old 01-02-2014, 01:27 PM   #620
gotdbltrbl
Mouseketeer

Hi, thanks for sharing this info! I called my TA (AAA) and she said I would have to add days to my vacation to get the offer. We are staying at POP 4/22-4/25 and we booked through AAA adding 4 2-day tickets. She said to get the promotion, I would have to add days. Could I cancel getting the tickets through them (getting them through UT) and just book room only and get the discount? Again, my TA didn't seem to want to help out, so before I push her again, I want to make sure! THANKS!!!
gotdbltrbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:33 PM   #621
jenineh
Mouseketeer

My TA called and got me the 25% off CSR and the free days ticket. Saved 382.00.
jenineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:49 PM   #622
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotdbltrbl View Post
Hi, thanks for sharing this info! I called my TA (AAA) and she said I would have to add days to my vacation to get the offer. We are staying at POP 4/22-4/25 and we booked through AAA adding 4 2-day tickets. She said to get the promotion, I would have to add days. Could I cancel getting the tickets through them (getting them through UT) and just book room only and get the discount? Again, my TA didn't seem to want to help out, so before I push her again, I want to make sure! THANKS!!!
Yes, you can get a room only reservation with the discount. You (really, your TA) will need to cancel your package reservation.
Maggie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:28 PM   #623
jmkrat
DIS Veteran

I just re-did mine and was given a 20% discount on the Contemporary. I thought it would have been 30 % but something's better than nothing. She told me to keep an eye out for other discounts. When I pressed her about it she kind of clammed up.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:44 PM   #624
The Sunrise Student
aka Sunshine

WDW Resort Discounts?

Hello Everyone,

I see people popping up with a Disney visa Card Discount for WDW Resorts, BUT I have looked all over the Disney Visa site trying to find this discount before signing up for one and I can't find it anywhere....

Help....

Thanks!

PAST TRIPS WDW:
May/June 2014 (SWW) - BWI ~ May 2013 (SWW) - Swan ~ Oct 2010 - Windsor Hills 6 Bedrm Home ~ June 2010 - POR ~ Jan 2009 - WL ~ Dec 2006 - SoG ~ Oct 2005 - Radisson ~ Dec/Jan 2003/04 - Days Inn ~ July 1987 - 1st trip to FL
The Sunrise Student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:52 PM   #625
KaLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sunrise Student View Post
Hello Everyone, I see people popping up with a Disney visa Card Discount for WDW Resorts, BUT I have looked all over the Disney Visa site trying to find this discount before signing up for one and I can't find it anywhere.... Help.... Thanks!
I couldn't find it on there earlier. All I did was call in and they applied it since I'm a card holder. I wouldn't waste the time today applying for one because come Monday these discounts should be released to the public, no matter if you have a Disney visa or not.

Me28 DH30 DD6.5 DD3.5
Past Trips:
This was our quick-take-a-Disney-vacation-to-get-a-feel-of-what-it's-like-before-we-have-kids-to-drag-along trip.
Planning in Progress:
This is our the-kids-are-only-little-for-so-long-so-lets-make-this-as-magical-and-as-awesome-as-possible trip.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:53 PM   #626
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

I see people popping up with a Disney visa Card Discount for WDW Resorts, BUT I have looked all over the Disney Visa site trying to find this discount before signing up for one and I can't find it anywhere....

Help....

Thanks!
For some reason, the Disney Visa website hasn't been updated with the details of the discount. If you already had the Disney Visa, you can just call up and ask for the discount. You just have to pay the deposit with your Disney Visa card.

Since you don't have the Visa card already, and it's been posted that you can't get the number over the phone or online, you'd have to wait for the card to arrive in the mail. These discounts will be extended to the general public on Monday. Your best bet is to call first thing Monday morning.
Maggie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:00 PM   #627
Princess Polamalu
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

Help....

Thanks!
Agree with others. By the time you get it the offer will be made to the general public. I spoke to a cast member today who confirmed this. It seemed he was reading the information verbatim from an email or something and said for customers that do not have the Disney Visa booking can not begin until Jan. 6th.
Princess Polamalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:43 PM   #628
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Polamalu View Post
Agree with others. By the time you get it the offer will be made to the general public. I spoke to a cast member today who confirmed this. It seemed he was reading the information verbatim from an email or something and said for customers that do not have the Disney Visa booking can not begin until Jan. 6th.
These boards are the best place to get advanced info. The emails from Disney Visa tend to go out quite late, after everyone who found out here has already made their reservations.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:45 PM   #629
KaLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
These boards are the best place to get advanced info. The emails from Disney Visa tend to go out quite late, after everyone who found out here has already made their reservations.
True. I've had my Disney Visa card for almost 6 years an I have yet to receive an email from them!

Me28 DH30 DD6.5 DD3.5
Past Trips:
Planning in Progress:
Old 01-02-2014, 03:46 PM   #630
The Sunrise Student
aka Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLyn View Post
I couldn't find it on there earlier. All I did was call in and they applied it since I'm a card holder. I wouldn't waste the time today applying for one because come Monday these discounts should be released to the public, no matter if you have a Disney visa or not.
THANK YOU for the tip, I will check into that I already have a reservation, does CM have problems apply discounts to already existing reservations?

PAST TRIPS WDW:
May/June 2014 (SWW) - BWI ~ May 2013 (SWW) - Swan ~ Oct 2010 - Windsor Hills 6 Bedrm Home ~ June 2010 - POR ~ Jan 2009 - WL ~ Dec 2006 - SoG ~ Oct 2005 - Radisson ~ Dec/Jan 2003/04 - Days Inn ~ July 1987 - 1st trip to FL
The Sunrise Student is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: