Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #136
KaLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkkthunder View Post
We got the pin
Wanted to go aoa cars suite with putting my 3 y/o in the room and parents out in the main area. Is the pin really only 15% for aoa.
I could get 2 rooms at pofq connecting with the 30% off and be ahead
AoA rarely has any promos or discounts and when it does they are super low like that. I've never seen anything higher than 15%. We realized, like you did, that upgrading is a better deal! We moved up to CSR since its highly likely that once promos are announced that we will save money.

Me28 DH30 DD6.5 DD3.5
Past Trips:
April 27-28, 2009: All Star Music Resort - Country Western Area
This was our quick-take-a-Disney-vacation-to-get-a-feel-of-what-it's-like-before-we-have-kids-to-drag-along trip.
Planning in Progress:
May 4-10, 2014: Coronado Springs Resort
This is our the-kids-are-only-little-for-so-long-so-lets-make-this-as-magical-and-as-awesome-as-possible trip.
KaLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:15 PM   #137
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

I am definitely watching for an end of May discount.

My DD14 has decided to go to Disney with her Middle School Band and as long as they get approved by Disney, they'll be playing at DTD.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 8 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR, WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (5) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #138
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkkthunder View Post
We got the pin
Wanted to go aoa cars suite with putting my 3 y/o in the room and parents out in the main area. Is the pin really only 15% for aoa.
I could get 2 rooms at pofq connecting with the 30% off and be ahead

I'm pretty sure French Quarter only has 20% off with the pin code which is why we switched to Riverside.

Carla

Last edited by MickeyEars; 10-12-2013 at 02:02 PM.
MickeyEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #139
jdfmommy
Earning My Ears

I'm so excited to see that people are getting pins. I'm hoping to go late April into early May - if I can get a good enough discount to convince my DH that we can afford it . Our son (he'll be 3 in the spring) LOVES him some disney junior and its love to get an early trip in while he still does.

I don't remember reading it above, does anyone know what the stay minimums are for the offers?

Thanks.

Oh, and I'm Jen
jdfmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:30 AM   #140
DWFirstTimer2014
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You are very welcome! I'm fairly sure that there will be something offered in May but we will probably have to wait a while before we know what or if there will be.

Just keep your eyes here on the Disboards.....someone here will post when they hear something or when there's a special offer posted on the Disney site.

In the meantime, happy planning! Even after 19 trips to Disney and one Disney cruise, I still get excited about planning our trips.
That's good to know that there is a good chance that a discount will be offered later down the track - will definitely keep my eyes peeled!

Thanks, I am getting very excited while researching and planning for this trip even though it is still 7 months away.

We are also planning to head over to Universal/IOA (and stay onsite) for a couple of days and I wondered whether anyone knows how this will affect the Magical Express transportation back to the airport at the end of our trip? Will we need to book one more night at a WDW resort after Universal/IOA?
DWFirstTimer2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #141
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFirstTimer2014 View Post
That's good to know that there is a good chance that a discount will be offered later down the track - will definitely keep my eyes peeled!

Thanks, I am getting very excited while researching and planning for this trip even though it is still 7 months away.

We are also planning to head over to Universal/IOA (and stay onsite) for a couple of days and I wondered whether anyone knows how this will affect the Magical Express transportation back to the airport at the end of our trip? Will we need to book one more night at a WDW resort after Universal/IOA?
I'm in constant Disney vacation planning mode. It never stops.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #142
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Don't forget that you can make your dining reservations soon. That's next up on my list of things to do.

Hum, that's a good question. I've never seen that one posted. Maybe you can post over on the Transportation board and get an answer.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 10-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #143
aaylasecura
Mouseketeer

Okay, so now that I see everyone is getting their pins for May, I'm getting a little worried. I would really need either a pin or for Disney to release a discount for the beginning of May. Now, from surfing this board, am I correct to understand that we can call Disney to see if there's a pin under our name? What number should I call? Also, does anyone know when a general public discount for May would be released?

In the mean time, I'll just sit around a patiently worry that Disney doesn't love me!
Old 10-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #144
farrahalex76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaylasecura View Post
Okay, so now that I see everyone is getting their pins for May, I'm getting a little worried. I would really need either a pin or for Disney to release a discount for the beginning of May. Now, from surfing this board, am I correct to understand that we can call Disney to see if there's a pin under our name? What number should I call? Also, does anyone know when a general public discount for May would be released? In the mean time, I'll just sit around a patiently worry that Disney doesn't love me!
You can call. 407-939-7675. I call all the time to check and see if I have a pin. If they would give me one I might add a few day to my trip. In the long run they would get more money from me. The general discounts came out last year at the end of December I think. The year before that they came in November so who knows when they will be released.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #145
DWFirstTimer2014
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

Don't forget that you can make your dining reservations soon. That's next up on my list of things to do.

Hum, that's a good question. I've never seen that one posted. Maybe you can post over on the Transportation board and get an answer.
Haha, I wish I could be in constant Disney vacation planning mode. Sadly, this may be our only WDW for a long time given that we are from Australia.

Definitely excited about making ADRs - in the process of deciding which places to choose.

I managed to get some responses over on the Australian forum. People who have done what we are planning to do have taken DME one way only and organised separate transport to/from UO and MCO.
DWFirstTimer2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #146
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Haha, I wish I could be in constant Disney vacation planning mode. Sadly, this may be our only WDW for a long time given that we are from Australia.

Definitely excited about making ADRs - in the process of deciding which places to choose.

I managed to get some responses over on the Australian forum. People who have done what we are planning to do have taken DME one way only and organised separate transport to/from UO and MCO.
Oh goodness, I can certainly see why this may be a one time only trip to WDW. I've always always wanted to visit Australia!

Good luck planning!

Old 10-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #147
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrahalex76 View Post
You can call. 407-939-7675. I call all the time to check and see if I have a pin. If they would give me one I might add a few day to my trip. In the long run they would get more money from me. The general discounts came out last year at the end of December I think. The year before that they came in November so who knows when they will be released.
Last year Disney Visa holders got them the last week of December, GP got them January 3rd. We booked the 3rd !!!
Old 10-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #148
jasonplusliz
Earning My Ears

Wow! This thread just saved us over $800 on our first disney vacation as a family! Just got off of the phone with a very friendly CM who informed me that I did have a PIN on my account. Never received anything in email or postal mail, but called nonetheless to inquire and sure enough, got 35% off our room reservation for May 4-10 at WL! So excited! Thanks guys!!!
jasonplusliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:51 PM   #149
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonplusliz View Post
Wow! This thread just saved us over $800 on our first disney vacation as a family! Just got off of the phone with a very friendly CM who informed me that I did have a PIN on my account. Never received anything in email or postal mail, but called nonetheless to inquire and sure enough, got 35% off our room reservation for May 4-10 at WL! So excited! Thanks guys!!!
First off, welcome to the Disboards! Second, congratulations on finding out that you had a pin and for saving so much money. That's absolutely fantastic!

Old 10-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #150
DCLogs
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonplusliz View Post
Congrats on the PIN. Be careful you just might get addicted to the mouse.

DCLogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: