Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

Anybody here does Shaun T's Insanity?

I'm hoping to have a buddy to vent/cheer to/with about this crazy program...
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
Burkelands
Earning My Ears

Currently in my second week, on my third try. Vow to finally finish. I need to drop some pounds before I start training for the Disney Marathon.

The problem I always run into is traveling for work. Next month I have to get through trips to Seattle and Boston. Luckily I know the moves well enough I could just listen to the videos on my iPod.

How far are you?
Will Josh ever not over stretch?
Burkelands is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #3
mjlewis23
Mouseketeer

I started Monday! I'm so excited about this program! My husband did P90x twice, and tried Insanity, but it wasn't for him. I love it so far! I can't even make it all the way through the warm ups without taking a break, but I take a break and push on. I'm average weight, 132lbs, 5'4", but after having 2 kids, I really want to be more toned. I've seen the p90x results first hand, so I know Insanity can get me where I want to be if I put in the effort and don't give up.

Good luck!
mjlewis23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:13 PM   #4
cseca

YAY!!!
Someone else are doing this crazy program too!!!!

Burkeland, I'm on my second week first try...
So far I'm doing ok. I don't think I ever cursed during an exercise before. Shaun T managed to get me to do it.
I honestly don't think I'll do the second month before going through the first month at least twice. I'm thinking three times.

I think it's funny how the people on the DVD worked so hard when Shaun came over to talk to them and then they look like they're going to pass out as soon as he walked away...

I am ok for the first 15mins and then iffy afterwards. Definitely taking more than the alloted breaks in the program.

Good luck during your travels! I can imagine how difficult it is to follow the complete program when you're on the road. It's hard enough not being on the road.

mjlewis,
I know what you mean about 2 kids. I have this jiggly belly skin that just won't go away. Doesn't matter how hard I work my abs nothing is showing... sigh...
Old 05-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #5
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I hate Shaun T.

I made it about 2 weeks through the program a few months ago...very intense. My DH, on the other hand, is doing his 2nd round of it, getting in shape for our July trip. I am opting for other methods (i.e. our elliptical, eating better, etc...)

His "Hip Hop Abs" program is a little more tolerable.

Good luck to you all!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #6
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I hate Shaun T.

I made it about 2 weeks through the program a few months ago...very intense. My DH, on the other hand, is doing his 2nd round of it, getting in shape for our July trip. I am opting for other methods (i.e. our elliptical, eating better, etc...)

His "Hip Hop Abs" program is a little more tolerable.

Good luck to you all!!!
LOL....

I actually cannot send the man but then I find that after the second or third time of anyone on a DVD I start to revolt. It's something about the bad (after hearing them again - and again) jokes and comments. Some with Tony H

Now don't get me wrong, the program kicks A. I was in near peak condition and failed to make the first week without punting. I do throw a dvd in on occasion for a hard non repetitive motion cardio session.

I think with all DVD's a wise student will first understand who they are and where they are physically prior to starting a program. I use them as a supplement and definitely borrow sets from both Tony and Shawn
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #7
jimandami
DIS Veteran

We just finished our 3rd round of Insanity and are on our 2nd round of Asylum! I love, love Shaun T! For those just beginning, it never really gets easier but if you stick with it, you do get better at it! As far as travelling, we just took our DVDs with us and took our laptop down to the hotel gym first thing in the morning. On our 1st round last year, we started month 2 during our annual WDW trip....you shoulda seen the looks on the faces of everyone in the gym at AKV when we started Max Interval Circuit Good luck everyone and let me know if you have any questions or just need encouragement!
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #8
cseca

Urgh ... This morning was day 6 second week for me. Good golly it was nutso. I don't know how he could possibly think 40min of crazyness is not enOugh. Let's add another 15min of abs shall we? Blah....
So happy tomorrow is an off day.
I don't know how you guys do 3 rounds already. I think I'll be ecstatic to finish 1 full round I'm thinking that'll take me a month and a half

Jimandami I agree that it hasn't gotten any easier. It amazes me because usually after 2 weeks of a program I can feel some improvement but this one is rough going.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #9
WaDiWo
WDWFan!

Very good program, but intense. I tried it three times but gave up because I don't think I was conditioned enough at the time ...

I then found running, fell in love with it, and now I feel that I am more conditioned, and I would love to try Insanity again!

(although that has to wait because of the injury I have, but no matter, can't wait to kick it).

My blog: I achieved my goal January 12, 2014! see how I did it: Couch to Goofy Marathon and a Half Challenge!
Hear my interview about achieving this goal on the Runner Academy Everyday Runners podcast.
My Castaway Cay 5k trip report HERE
Packing for a Disney Trip or Cruise? Check out my free ultimate packing (and to-do) list here.
WaDiWo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #10
mjlewis23
Mouseketeer

Finished 8 days so far!!! I'm LOVING this! I've never wanted to strangle someone as much as I do Shaun T, but I love the way he pushes me. No scale movement yet, but I kind of figured that since I don't have too much to lose. My husband did comment that my thighs, etc, were looking more toned yesterday, and I think I agree.
mjlewis23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #11
Burkelands
Earning My Ears

Today I reached my new goal of not taking an unscheduled break before someone on the video does. Of course this made me worthless for the final few exercises and cardio abs was not fun.

Anyhoo, in my 2+ weeks I've yet to lose much weight, but definitely have lost weight. Also managed to improve all (but one) of my fit test exercises. Looking forward to finishing the first month next week!
Old 05-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #12
cseca

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaDiWo View Post
Very good program, but intense. I tried it three times but gave up because I don't think I was conditioned enough at the time ...

I then found running, fell in love with it, and now I feel that I am more conditioned, and I would love to try Insanity again!

(although that has to wait because of the injury I have, but no matter, can't wait to kick it).
I hope you'll feel better soon!
I was the other way around. I got weak knees from running to far too quickly. So I had to find a different exercise... hehe...
I know Insanity isn't great for people with knee injury but I'm being super careful with my exercises.
Hopefully you'll get better soon and can hop on the insanity train...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlewis23 View Post
Finished 8 days so far!!! I'm LOVING this! I've never wanted to strangle someone as much as I do Shaun T, but I love the way he pushes me. No scale movement yet, but I kind of figured that since I don't have too much to lose. My husband did comment that my thighs, etc, were looking more toned yesterday, and I think I agree.

Ain't that the truth!!!
Seriously, that guy is not right in the head.
I agree that the legs are the first ones showing improvements. I was doing Jillian's 30day and Ripped in 30 before this and I feel like this one definitely tones my legs faster. Not sure about my arms tho...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkelands View Post
Today I reached my new goal of not taking an unscheduled break before someone on the video does. Of course this made me worthless for the final few exercises and cardio abs was not fun.

Anyhoo, in my 2+ weeks I've yet to lose much weight, but definitely have lost weight. Also managed to improve all (but one) of my fit test exercises. Looking forward to finishing the first month next week!
Way to go!!!
Tomorrow's my second fit test. I hope I improve a little bit.
I hate those power jumps, if I can improve that one that'll be awesome.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:16 AM   #13
cseca

Woohoo I did see some improvement
I didn't see any on the switch kicks or the knee one so I was really bummed but the others I did pretty well. I'm quite impressed with this program so far. Hope you all are seeing good results too.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #14
Burkelands
Earning My Ears

Time to start my 4th week. It'll be the farthest I've gotten! Also there only seems to be one more Cardio Power, which is my mortal enemy. Something about doing all those squats during warm ups that drains me of energy before getting to the intervals.

Today is Pure Cardio/Abs. Once again I will be upset how everyone is happy and dry at the start of Cardio Abs while I'm a sweaty mess.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:37 AM   #15
Burkelands
Earning My Ears

Time to start my 4th week. It'll be the farthest I've gotten! Also there only seems to be one more Cardio Power, which is my mortal enemy. Something about doing all those squats during warm ups that drains me of energy before getting to the intervals.

Today is Pure Cardio/Abs. Once again I will be upset how everyone is happy and dry at the start of Cardio Abs while I'm a sweaty mess.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: