Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 01:45 PM   #16
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

IMO 1 night at a resort is not enough to experience it - since AK is new for you. Even if you are planning a day to hang out there either after check-in (potentially without a room available yet) or after check-out (again, after vacating your room), the lack of having a room would impact. So I'd stick with just 2 resorts and save one for another trip.

Enjoy your vacation!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #17
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I love changing resorts...the worst one yet??? About three years ago.....
arrived at AKL-Jambo on Sunday. Moved to BWV the next day...stayed there until Friday. That friend went home. I met up with another friend, moved to Kidani for two nights. She moved to BWV, and I moved to POP, for four nights of free dining!! Then, on Thursday, moved back to BWV for my last two nights!!!
Man, when I was ready to leave a park on that trip, I had to stop and give serious thought as to which resort I was going to!!!!
I seldom spend just one night at a resort though....if it's just to tack on a day at the start or end, then fine. But you really don't get a feel for the resort in that short a time...you really need to spend two days at a resort before you fully discover it.

The other thing to be aware of...especially if staying for just one night. It can take awhile for your bags to get to you if you let Disney move them for you. I always hand my bags off by 7:30 in the morning...and have yet to get them before 5pm!!! The worst time??? Moved from BCV to POR. I handed Bell Services my bags at 7:20am. They told me to expect our bags at POR by 2-3pm. No problem. We went to a park, then headed back to POR to get checked in. They asked about bags, and I told them BC would be moving them over. That was at about 1pm. We decided to wait for a specific room to be ready, rather than take the one that was ready right then. Dd and I went to the food court and had some lunch and then took a walk around the resort. We stopped at the front counter to see if the room was ready...it was now about 2:30ish. Yep, it was ready!!!! But, not bags. Went to the room, and called Luggage Assistence around 3:30-4. Nothing. By 4:30 I was getting nudgy. We really had wanted to swim but couldn't since our suits were in those bags. I went to Luggage Assistence. They told me that they had called BC after my first call to see about the bags. It seems that Bell Services at BC/BCV hadn't had time yet to move bags!! So,the nice CM called again since it was now well over an hour since they had made that first call around 3ish. And again, they were told that bags hadn't been moved but someone would do it immediately. Luggage Assis. CM told me he would bring the bags as soon as they got there. I went back to the room and waited. It wasn't until past 5:30 that those two bags got to us. And when I tried to tip the wonderful POR CM? He refused it. Said he wasn't taking a tip for such awful service!!! Tried again, but he just thanked me for my extreme patience and walked away.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #18
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

We did three hotels in a ten night trip and it was a lot!

Still, if it gave me a discount or extended my trip, I'd do it again. But it was a pain.

We have done many split stays but only that once did we do three nights!
Old 05-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #19
Couchy
DIS Veteran

I definitey would not want to swtich that many times. It would be such a drag for us . I like to be settled though.

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Couchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #20
phdhycster
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone your advice has been helpful..thinking of sticking with just 2 hotels!
phdhycster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:29 AM   #21
phdhycster
Mouseketeer

So we made a decision! We booked AOA for 4 nights and POR for 5 nights. Two new hotels for us and our longest stay at Disney. We are excited!!!!
phdhycster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:46 AM   #22
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdhycster View Post
So we made a decision! We booked AOA for 4 nights and POR for 5 nights. Two new hotels for us and our longest stay at Disney. We are excited!!!!
Have a great time! Are you still getting a DDP for POR? Remember that you can save money by upgrading your POR passes to 8-day passes and picking them on the morning after your first night at AOA .
Old 05-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #23
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

I agree with everyone else I would stick to the 2 resorts. I think the one night at AKL is not enough time. It might turn into more of a hassle with the luggage. Good luck with your choices though

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
pamkat1820 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: