Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
ChelBelle
Dreaming of More Magic

First family trip - and we're all over 18!

I recently returned from my very first trip to Disney - at age 21 - and have officially caught the fever. I can't stop thinking about how bad I want to go back! I've been trying to resist planning another vacation but I just can't seem to stop, I hope I'm not the only person with this problem!

The thing is - I want the rest of my family to experience the magic. I went with 5 friends for our college spring break as one of my friends aunt & uncle needed to use their DVC points. We stayed at AKL Kidani and had an absolute blast (even with all of us being in our 20s!). My mom and two brothers (24 & 19) have never been to WDW and I really want to be able to plan a trip for them, and pay for some of it! Because there would be 7 of us total (and because I'm sure my father and brothers would get dizzy with a room filled with Disney theming) I'm thinking we'll need to do a Villa, and have been looking into renting points. My dad really needs some convincing and is an avid fisherman, so I was hoping either BCV or BWV would be the PERFECT place to show him with the Marina and available fishing trips. Any other thoughts regarding other Villas? I loved Kidani but I can't get over how far away it was from everything! I hated the bus rides and want to be close to the action! Thanks in advance!
Old 05-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
Dsnyfireman
Mouseketeer

Welcome!!! So you too have the fever !!! There is no cure!!! Just feed it more disney and try to keep it under control ! LOL!!! If you want a better location with fishing try the fort wilderness area. Cabins villas and hotels are all available there. The fishing is the best there too! Spend some time on this board and Check out all the info here. We are all happy to answer any Q's you have and will share our tips when we can. I have been to WDW about 14 times and love it more each trip! So good luck and enjoy this trip we call Disney Fever!!!!
Dsnyfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #3
aVASTGrl
DIS Veteran

Welcome!! I too travel to WDW with my adult family (Mom, Dad, Me (30), Sis (25)) and we still feel the Magic every time Spend some time poking through all of the sections and threads. It will be pretty overwhelming but you will always find your answers!

Not knowing your budget makes a recommendation a bit difficult, but the Wilderness Lodge/Fort Wilderness area would probably appeal to your Dad a lot. It's also just a boatride away from MK. Some of the other less-themed resorts are Boardwalk Inn/Villas, Yacht Club (both within walking distance of Epcot), Port Orleans Riverside, and Caribbean Beach. I'm sure there are more that others will add. Enjoy your planning!

[*]~Spring 2014 - WL"Flowers And Gardens And Bees" Solo Trip[*]~Summer 2013 - AKL "Family Reunion Recovery" Trip[*]~Halloween 2012 - YC Solo Extravaganza!![*]~Christmas 2011 - POFQ "Is That What Snow Looks Like?" Celebration[*]~Summer 2010 - Off-site[*]~Summer 2009 - CSR "Stop That Bus" Fun[*]~Summer 2008 - Off-site "Never Eating Salmon Again" Disaster[*]~Graduation 2007 - AKL "My Ankle Just Separated!!" Special Sister Vacay[*]~Late Summer 1998 - POFQ "Runaway Cart" Episode[*]~Early Summer 1998 - Disneyland Paris nee Eurodisney "Whinnie Le Pooh" Ooh La La[*]~March 1998 - Off-site Singing Competition "The Band Kids Stole Our Bus!!" Trip[*]~1985 - My One And Only Disneyland Trip That I Don't Remember[*]~1983-1996 - Every Other Summer WDW Pilgrimage aka the beginnings of my Disney Obsession Thank You Mom & Dad

aVASTGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #4
ChelBelle
Dreaming of More Magic

Thank you both! I will look into the Wilderness Lodge as well... We're from Michigan and VERY outdoors-y so I had passed on the Wilderness as I felt like it might feel too much like home, but it could be perfect! Thanks!

Tags
adults, villa

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: