Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2013, 05:56 PM   #1
linetbo
Mouseketeer

Resort Reservation

Hi, is there a diference if I book via Dreams Unlimited travel agent or if I do it myself. I know if you book your ctuise via DU they give you an OC and a gift.

linetbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
Sue M
DIS Veteran

I don't know if Dreams Unlimited gives any perks for booking with them but the biggest perk of using a Disney specialized TA is their wonderful service which is free of charge to you. They know the moment Disney promos are released, and on the phone the moment lines are open, getting you the best deal. Making payments is easy, just a quick email to the TA does it. Same with any questions, requests, or help with planning.
Also, if something goes wrong on arrival, and not getting help there, a quick text or call to your TA does wonders to straighten things out.
I remember a post about that awhile ago. Person had some problem, can't remember what now. CM or manager wasn't helping. She phoned her TA, who made some calls and had things straightened out in minutes.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2013, 08:47 PM   #3
Dizzytime
DIS Veteran

If looking for a quote comparison, I would certainly give Dreams Unlimited a call since they're nice enough to host this wonderful forum.
have a great stay!

Last edited by Dizzytime; 05-28-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Dizzytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #4
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

The biggest downside with using a travel agent (any agent) is that any changes must go through them. You can't just pick up the phone and call Disney; they won't respond.

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:23 PM   #5
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Not sure how Dreams Unlimited TA does things for WDW reservations but my TA sends gifts with documents when folks book a package. Right now depending on how many in the party and ages of kids, she sends a small backpack soft sided cooler, stylus pen, autograph book/s (if there are kids), and a gift card. Also, a zipper pouch to put documents.

Gifts vary through out the year.

If you are interested in using Dreams Unlimited I would send them an email and see if they offer anything.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: