Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 12:27 AM   #1
momof4fans
Mouseketeer

Princess advice

OK, during our trip in July, I have a plan for my dd6 and dd4. I was going to do bbb in the morning, then Fantasy Faire, then late lunch (2pm) at Ariel's Grotto. All in one day to take advantage of the princess makeover. Will AG be a let down after PFF? Would love to know what your experiences have been. Thanks!
momof4fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:32 AM   #2
pennyring
Thrift Ninja

No. I don't think so...

The princess stop at each table, talk to the kids, sign autographs, take pictures, etc.

I would only say to spread it out over the trip just so your girls enjoy a little Princessy stuff each day.

Like my little niece was purely STOKED to find out she was having Princess Lunch on our DCA day. She did BBB and FF the day before, so it was fun to see them AGAIN the next day.

Also, she preserved her BBB hair-do for about 3 days, and wore a princess costume every day... so it's not like she was less Princessy on AG day. Just less... fresh. Haha.
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2013, 12:41 AM   #3
momof4fans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyring View Post
No. I don't think so...

The princess stop at each table, talk to the kids, sign autographs, take pictures, etc.

I would only say to spread it out over the trip just so your girls enjoy a little Princessy stuff each day.

Like my little niece was purely STOKED to find out she was having Princess Lunch on our DCA day. She did BBB and FF the day before, so it was fun to see them AGAIN the next day.

Also, she preserved her BBB hair-do for about 3 days, and wore a princess costume every day... so it's not like she was less Princessy on AG day. Just less... fresh. Haha.
Good advice! My only worry would be the swimming pool and the hairdo. My little girls LOVE to swim. In Dec. 2011 we did bbb and AG in the same day. No PFF. I just couldn't stand the wait and I knew we were going to AG. And we didn't swim at all because it was too chilly and the hairdo did last forever! I guess we could just do PFF on another day a second time, hairdo or not. Food for thought...
Old 05-13-2013, 01:07 AM   #4
Gisele
I love honey, but not the sting of bee's
Please do not forget to mail me my chocolate caramel apple before y'all leave

When it comes to preserving ones hairstyle when swimming, using a good swimming cap may do the trick. And for sleeping: wearing a hair net and pinning it as necessary or using a hair wrap or scarve (Securing it well) should work.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:10 AM   #5
momof4fans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gisele View Post
When it comes to preserving ones hairstyle when swimming, using a good swimming cap may do the trick. And for sleeping: wearing a hair net and pinning it as necessary or using a hair wrap or scarve (Securing it well) should work.
I never thought about that...more good advice!
Old 05-13-2013, 01:14 AM   #6
goodeats
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure the Princesses would look the same (if you get my drift) between PFF and AG. It might be especially noticeable to the 6yo if you do them the same day.

Next trip - Beach Club Oct 2015!
goodeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:19 AM   #7
momof4fans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodeats View Post
I'm not sure the Princesses would look the same (if you get my drift) between PFF and AG. It might be especially noticeable to the 6yo if you do them the same day.
Yes, good point. And we will be with friends that have a dd9. She would certainly notice. I don't want to ruin the magic. We may have to have two princess days. That's why I ask questions on this board! You guys are awesome!
Old 05-13-2013, 01:57 AM   #8
Rubygoose
Everybody's got a laughing place

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4fans View Post
Yes, good point. And we will be with friends that have a dd9. She would certainly notice. I don't want to ruin the magic. We may have to have two princess days. That's why I ask questions on this board! You guys are awesome!
If you do see the "same" princess twice in one day, do them the favour of saying something like "it's nice to see you AGAIN cinderella" and they will play right into it. We saw Belle at Goofy's Kitchen one day, then at Ariel's a couple days later, and I mentioned to her "Oh, that's ok, we got your autograph already at Goofy's the other day" and she chimed in "yes, in my blue dress." And DD 5 was none the wiser.
Rubygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:13 PM   #9
momof4fans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubygoose View Post
If you do see the "same" princess twice in one day, do them the favour of saying something like "it's nice to see you AGAIN cinderella" and they will play right into it. We saw Belle at Goofy's Kitchen one day, then at Ariel's a couple days later, and I mentioned to her "Oh, that's ok, we got your autograph already at Goofy's the other day" and she chimed in "yes, in my blue dress." And DD 5 was none the wiser.
How cute! Oh, I can't wait!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: