Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #16
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberbaby View Post
We will only be staying 6 nights when we go. I could do 3 and 3 but would that be alot of trouble?
we do split stays more often than not, and honestly, to me 3 and 3 wouldn't be worth it. we have stayed 3 nights only at a resort before, or even 2, but then always followed by a loger stay. like, we did 3 nights at AKV, on points, then joined up with our son's family for 7 nights at pop.

\always do the shorter stay first, or by the time you get to the 2nd resort it feels like the trip is almost over.

when youdrive, it's really easy, we just move our stuff ourselves. when you have disney move your stuff, make sure to keep out a bag with your suits, plastice bags to put the wet suits in, change of clothes, etc. there's a good chance your room won't be ready, and even if it is, you won't get your luggage for about 4 hours.

or, youcould do a park transfer day. but then you won't be checking in at the 2nd resort till later. we like to check in as early as possible. we think we get a better room choice that way.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:09 PM   #17
Octoberbaby
Mouseketeer

Our family is always on the go at WDW so we like to check in early and head straight to the park until our room is ready. We always drive since we only live about 8 hours away. Therefore we could just move all of our stuff and head right over to the next resort, but I don't think my family would want to waste time checking in again at another resort.
Octoberbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #18
smidgy
dimples

I lvoe split stays, but I don't think I'd bother with 6 days. trying the other resort will give you a reason to come back!!!
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: