Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 08:49 AM   #1
ama223
Mouseketeer

What's a good option for 2 adults, 3 kids (one is a baby) -- for SPACE?

Is there a good option other than staying off property?

I'd love to stay on the monorail just for ease, but that seems like a pipe dream. We really do need more than one "living space" because of the baby. Are there any options on the monorail aside from the DVC at Contemporary (drawing a blank on the name right now!).. should we look into renting points from a member possibly?

WDW: Many trips as a child ~ Nov 2004 CBR ~ Dec 2009 WL ~ May 2011 Offsite ~ Oct 2011 Poly ~ Jan 2012 Offsite (just me and DH!) ~ Dec 2013 Offsite

DL: Sept 2005 Offsite
ama223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #2
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ama223 View Post
Is there a good option other than staying off property?

I'd love to stay on the monorail just for ease, but that seems like a pipe dream. We really do need more than one "living space" because of the baby. Are there any options on the monorail aside from the DVC at Contemporary (drawing a blank on the name right now!).. should we look into renting points from a member possibly?
Well the grand Floridian is building villas right now if you could wait for them. The poly is one my favorites and that is just a beautiful resort. The contemporary i think is a great place as well and they do have Bay Lake tower which is the DVC hotel that is more luxurious then some of the others. It's all about the amenities you think you need.

disney lover at heart

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #3
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

The Family Suites, either at AofA or All Star Music (probably the cheaper option) would be a great fit. Separate bedroom, two bathrooms, small kitchenette, two TV's, etc.

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
sunsetbeachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #4
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetbeachgal View Post
The Family Suites, either at AofA or All Star Music (probably the cheaper option) would be a great fit. Separate bedroom, two bathrooms, small kitchenette, two TV's, etc.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #5
Sue M
DIS Veteran

To get your own space you'd need either a 1 bedroom DVC villa at BLT,to be on monorail or WLV which us still in MK area and a boat ride to MK. There's also the cabins at FW. You could try David's for point rentals.

Then there's the Value resort family suites, but not on monorail. I think OKW and SSR are the cheapest DVC resorts.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: