Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2014, 04:03 PM   #1231
OswaldRabbit117
Earning My Ears

Check-in times

Hi, I was thinking of going to WDW and staying at Art of Animation, I just have one question. The official check-in time is at 3:00 PM, but what would happen in the event that you arrived too late? (3:30 and onward)
Thanks, and I'm a very new member so sorry if I don't have the hang of things yet.
OswaldRabbit117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:44 PM   #1232
kalee45
Mouseketeer

Like any hotel, your reservation is held until at least close of business (usually around 11pm). But since your rooms have all been paid for and the hotels operate 24hrs, you could arrive any time. I know people who have long drives or late flights who check in at 2 am! If you're going to be that late, though, I would probably call and alert the resort. We have always "checked in" at 7am, placed the bags in holding and hit the parks. Then, when the room is ready, they send a text.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2014, 05:11 PM   #1233
OswaldRabbit117
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalee45 View Post
Like any hotel, your reservation is held until at least close of business (usually around 11pm). But since your rooms have all been paid for and the hotels operate 24hrs, you could arrive any time. I know people who have long drives or late flights who check in at 2 am! If you're going to be that late, though, I would probably call and alert the resort. We have always "checked in" at 7am, placed the bags in holding and hit the parks. Then, when the room is ready, they send a text.
Thanks! Very helpful
OswaldRabbit117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:14 PM   #1234
cgattis
DIS Veteran

Just to clarify, the "check-in time" is a no-earlier-than time.....you ("officially") can't check in BEFORE then, not that you're late if you don't check in BY then. It's the opposite of check-out.

But like PP noted, for very late night arrivals, I usually try to let the hotel know I'm still coming. That way, in case they're in an overbook situation, they'll know not to give my room away. That probably doesn't happen much with paid deposits, but it doesn't hurt.
cgattis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:41 AM   #1235
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennynyholm View Post
Has anyone had amazon deliver to this resort? I was thinking this would be a cheaper option for cases of water and granola bars.
Try WalMart, too. I asked this about a month ago, but I need to poke around again about how to fill out the shipping address. xD

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
AliceandAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:32 PM   #1236
jennynyholm
Mouseketeer

I confirmed today that there are fridges in the rooms but does anyone know the capacity of the fridges? We are split in a LK suite and LR room so I'd like the info on both. Trying to decide how much milk and yogurt to order
jennynyholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:35 PM   #1237
jennynyholm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceandAriel View Post
Try WalMart, too. I asked this about a month ago, but I need to poke around again about how to fill out the shipping address. xD
I called AoA and they said it was fine to order from amazon and have it delivered on your first day. This is the address to use:

Disney's Art of Animation
Attn: (your name and arrival date)
1850 Animation Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-8400

Hope this helps someone

I actually found the prices on amazon (at least for water) to be crazy high. So I think I'm just going to go the garden grocer route.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #1238
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Quote:
I called AoA and they said it was fine to order from amazon and have it delivered on your first day. This is the address to use:

Disney's Art of Animation
Attn: (your name and arrival date)
1850 Animation Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-8400

Hope this helps someone

I actually found the prices on amazon (at least for water) to be crazy high. So I think I'm just going to go the garden grocer route.
THANK YOU so so so much! I'm not sure if I'm going the WalMart or Amazon route yet- the only reason I'm not using GC is because I don't actually need groceries, just cleaning stuff for the room and a case of bottled water for the stay.

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
AliceandAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:22 PM   #1239
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
THANK YOU so so so much! I'm not sure if I'm going the WalMart or Amazon route yet- the only reason I'm not using GC is because I don't actually need groceries, just cleaning stuff for the room and a case of bottled water for the stay.
You might want to try Staples.com as well. I know people have mentioned buying water and cleaning supplies from there and having them shipped to their resort.
bluezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:49 AM   #1240
WantToGoNow
DIS Veteran

ECV in Lion King Suite

Where is the best place to park it to charge? We will be using both the couch and table beds and will be having a crib in the bedroom.
WantToGoNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:35 PM   #1241
katiee37
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I confirmed today that there are fridges in the rooms but does anyone know the capacity of the fridges? We are split in a LK suite and LR room so I'd like the info on both. Trying to decide how much milk and yogurt to order
I don't know dimensions or anything, but the LM one is small. You could consider it a beverage cooler but not much else. I only kept a couple water bottles and my refillable mug in there and I could have fit a few more bottles or a container of leftovers, but not much more.
January 2014 Art of Animation--Celebrating my birthday January 2014 PTR
January 2015--Running the 5K and (yikes) possibly the Half Marathon!

katiee37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:18 PM   #1242
jennynyholm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiee37 View Post
I don't know dimensions or anything, but the LM one is small. You could consider it a beverage cooler but not much else. I only kept a couple water bottles and my refillable mug in there and I could have fit a few more bottles or a container of leftovers, but not much more.
Thanks for the info!
Old 01-19-2014, 12:02 AM   #1243
EmersonNZ
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We often get deliveries from Amazon and other delivered to the hotel. We normally add our reference # to the address and have never had any troubles having it delivered.
EmersonNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:21 AM   #1244
tiffminnielover
Earning My Ears

AOA questions...

Hi there I am new to the boards! I am thinking of booking a suite at AOA end of September/beginning of October sometime. I had a few questions I hoped someone could answer.

1. Is free dining plan ever offered at the AOA?

2. Has anyone ever taken a cab to get food and drinks for your hotel room? I have heard that people have stuff shipped, just wondered if there was any other way. We are flying and Disney is picking us up, I am guessing they don't make any stops on the way

3. We want a Nemo suite, which building is closest to the bus stop and restaurant?
tiffminnielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:59 PM   #1245
no1steelerfn
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE="AliceandAriel;50326767"]Question! One of us has to know the answer to this. Stayed in the LM wing in October/November. Every time we walked through there, be it to the parks or coming home from a long day, I'd hear Under the Sea play at least once. It was not the original Under the Sea version- it's a re-imagined type, but for the life of me I can't find it anywhere! I've gone through every 'Under the Sea' version on iTunes, nothing is it. Anyone know who sings the version they play at the resort?[/QUOTE

Wow we stayed in November and I heard Kiss the Girl a million times but can't find that version. It was amazing !!!
no1steelerfn is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: