Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #1006
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpasko View Post
Is anyone at AofA now? Is the list of activities available for November? Thanks!!
Here is the activities file for AoA.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #1007
Rpasko
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Here is the activities file for AoA.
. Thanks! We will be there Wednesday!!
Rpasko is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #1008
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapesGirl View Post
Does anyone know if you can request extra pillows when you get there? Are they fairly quick at bringing extra items or do you need to go get them?
Yes, you can request extra pillows when you get there. I *think* there is usually at least one extra pillow in the room to begin with, but we always request more. You can just call housekeeping from your room when you get there. During the day they usually deliver things pretty quickly (15 minutes or so) but in the evenings it can take longer because there are fewer people working in housekeeping.

Just a thought...you might want to ask about pillows at the front desk when you check in. They might have some there. I know I've gotten towels there but never asked for pillows there.
bluezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #1009
JKPreussler
Earning My Ears

Super excited!!! We are all set to stay 12/11-12/17 in a LM room. Wondering if there are DVD players in the LM rooms. Everything I've been able to find says that the suites have them, but I haven't been able to find anything about the LM rooms. TIA!!!
JKPreussler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #1010
teddykins
Mouseketeer

Got back from wdw on the 4th after 4 nights at AoA and it is such a lovely resort!! We originally had a LM room booked but upon check in we asked if there were any upgrades available and our check in guy rang the upgrades people and they had a cars suite available but no LK so we took the cars suite - not sure if my friend was all too happy about the switch initially as we had been looking at vids of LM for months haha.

We ended up being in building 3 ground floor where the sheriff is and loved the location! So close to the bus stops, you didn't even need to go through the food court/animation hall to get there. The room is nice and large, both bathrooms were good, beds were amazingly comfy even the table bed which was a surprise to my friend. Our fridge wasn't working but we filled our ice bucket up and put some milk in there then put that in the fridge and it kept the milk cold for the day and most of the night. Only thing we really noticed was the crowds; it seems like everyone is staying there now, after the Halloween party I had to wait 40 minutes for the bus and that's with 3 busses running every few minutes it was so crazy. After Halloween my friend was glad we had changed rooms as we had just barely enough energy to walk to our cars room lol.

We only ate at the food court once this trip and the food was mediocre but then for a value resort maybe that's how the food is? I had the make your own pasta with just Alfredo sauce and chicken and while it was sort of nice there wasn't enough chicken and the pasta was bland tasting. We did enjoy the resort though and will definitely be staying here when we come back state side in 2016, they really do need another standard room area though why they only have one is confusing.
teddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #1011
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

We are going to be staying in a Nemo suite. Can anyone suggest any room request? Is it all one building?
Blessed_wth_Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #1012
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
We are going to be staying in a Nemo suite. Can anyone suggest any room request? Is it all one building?
Nemo is Buildings 4 and 5. You can call in a specific building and view request which they will say cannot be guaranteed.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:50 PM   #1013
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddykins View Post
Got back from wdw on the 4th after 4 nights at AoA and it is such a lovely resort!! We originally had a LM room booked but upon check in we asked if there were any upgrades available and our check in guy rang the upgrades people and they had a cars suite available but no LK so we took the cars suite - not sure if my friend was all too happy about the switch initially as we had been looking at vids of LM for months haha.

We ended up being in building 3 ground floor where the sheriff is and loved the location! So close to the bus stops, you didn't even need to go through the food court/animation hall to get there. The room is nice and large, both bathrooms were good, beds were amazingly comfy even the table bed which was a surprise to my friend. Our fridge wasn't working but we filled our ice bucket up and put some milk in there then put that in the fridge and it kept the milk cold for the day and most of the night. Only thing we really noticed was the crowds; it seems like everyone is staying there now, after the Halloween party I had to wait 40 minutes for the bus and that's with 3 busses running every few minutes it was so crazy. After Halloween my friend was glad we had changed rooms as we had just barely enough energy to walk to our cars room lol.

We only ate at the food court once this trip and the food was mediocre but then for a value resort maybe that's how the food is? I had the make your own pasta with just Alfredo sauce and chicken and while it was sort of nice there wasn't enough chicken and the pasta was bland tasting. We did enjoy the resort though and will definitely be staying here when we come back state side in 2016, they really do need another standard room area though why they only have one is confusing.
How much did you have to pay for the upgrade...or was there no charge? We have a LM room booked for 2 nights in June for us 4 girls while the guys will be at Bonnet Creek. I would love an upgrade to a suite and wondered if you got a cheaper price to upgrade than if booked at regular rates
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #1014
teddykins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
How much did you have to pay for the upgrade...or was there no charge? We have a LM room booked for 2 nights in June for us 4 girls while the guys will be at Bonnet Creek. I would love an upgrade to a suite and wondered if you got a cheaper price to upgrade than if booked at regular rates
I don't think they charged us; there's nothing on our bank statements stating this at all and no mention of a price when we enquired to upgrade how ever can't say for sure if that's normal or we just got lucky so best to ask before you agree to it.

I am missing the US, had such a wonderful time in the 2 weeks I was there.. sad have to wait 3 years before I can return
teddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:30 AM   #1015
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddykins View Post
I don't think they charged us; there's nothing on our bank statements stating this at all and no mention of a price when we enquired to upgrade how ever can't say for sure if that's normal or we just got lucky so best to ask before you agree to it.

I am missing the US, had such a wonderful time in the 2 weeks I was there.. sad have to wait 3 years before I can return
Great, thanks! Sorry you have such a long time before returning I would be sad too if I couldnt go but every 3 years. I'd love to come visit Australia sometime. It looks beautiful
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #1016
dreamseeker9
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
We stayed 2nd floor in Building 5.

Building 5 is closer to the food court and bus stops, though Building 4 is only on the other side of the pool, so both buildings are a very short walk from Animation Hall.

Have a great time, we loved our Nemo suite and the pool!

My Disney Trip Reports:
A Big Blue World at AOA with the Fab Four - Nov. 2012 - AOA Finding Nemo suite
3 Weeks to plan a solo trip! - Nov. 2014 PTR
dreamseeker9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #1017
lordofanime
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if there's anything like a magnet thing that I can use on my pin instead of drilling a hole in my shirt?

I really don't like pins that use needles.. so if there's a way to get it to switch to a magnet that would be amazing.
lordofanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #1018
jamala
Mouseketeer

We are going to stay at AOA in a lion king suite in December and I am nervous so help me feel better. We normally stay CL at YC or BC, those are our favorites. Our last trip we did wilderness lodge CL and we have also stayed GL and AKL so this is our first week long stay at a value resort. We are changing because we just want to try something different and we have 2 teenagers and a 7 year old so I like the idea of 2 bathrooms and more space. We did stay 1 night in a little mermaid room this past trip because we came in a day early and our oldest skipped that trip. And my little one LOVED the decor at AOA, (he is a lion king fanatic). My DD can't do buses because of motion sickness so we will drive to the park or take a taxi. Any tips for room location? Food options? etc. Also, the rooms do have a microwave and fridge, correct? Is the fridge a mini size or larger? I am on a restrictive diet this time due to medical reasons and will need to prepare breakfast in the room.
jamala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #1019
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

We will be at AoA in February and were able to customize our MagicBands today! It's being reported that guests arriving in March are also able to customize!!
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:30 PM   #1020
lordofanime
Earning My Ears

Ok.. So what are magic bands?

I was going to sign up for it, but I wanted to know about it first.
Also, if we pick magic band, do they still give us cards? I like to keep my cards after
lordofanime is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: