Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #76
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymahoney View Post
It's 3 adults 1 child 1 infant
Oh. Must have missed one adult there. You would be (IMO) too tight in a LM room with the baby crib. A suite would be perfect though, but much more $$$. 2 connecting rooms would be cheaper.
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #77
katiee37
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone!

I'm currently looking to book a LM room for a week in early January. It'll be a solo trip so there's obviously no need to get a suite. With that said, I was wondering if anyone had recommendations on which building to ask for in the LM section? I was thinking building #7 since it's near the lake (is a lake view possible?) and it's closer to Animation Hall than #8 appears to be. I was toying with the idea of getting a preferred room at ASMo since I would like to be close to the food court and bus stop but I think the theming of AoA is winning me over even if I can't be right next to Animation Hall. Also, how accommodating is AoA typically with regard to building and floor requests?

One more! This could probably be answered if I need a little more research myself, but what are the hours for the food court and shop in Animation Hall during January?

Thanks!
January 2014 Art of Animation--Celebrating my birthday January 2014 PTR
January 2015--Running the 5K and (yikes) possibly the Half Marathon!

katiee37 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2013, 10:08 PM   #78
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

I'm so excited to be joining in this thread!

Today I booked an 8 night trip for my family of 6 in a Nemo suite for this summer (used the summer room only deal), actually less than 6 weeks from now. We can't wait!

We visited AoA last year while staying at another Disney resort and loved it. We toured the grounds (I think only the Cars and Nemo areas were open at that point) and enjoyed a meal at the food court. We were truly WOWED by the resort, it is impressive!

Thank you yellowfish78 for this thread, and to everyone for sharing info, tips and reports, keep them coming!!!

My family is myself, dh and our 4 boys ages 13, 11, 9 & 7. I am trying to decide where everyone sleeps... I'm wondering if I should buy a twin size air mattress and put my 13 yr old on it. (We drive so it wouldn't be a problem to bring.) Then two of the others would be on the pull out and one on the fold down. Hmmm.
liznboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:22 PM   #79
grkmbee
Mouseketeer

liznboys - I'm surprised you were able to get a discount on a Nemo room! Good for you! Can I ask when you are going - which summer discount were you able to use (summer or late summer)? We're staying during both promotions and have had no luck getting a Nemo room guaranteed with a discount - only a family suite with a Nemo request.
grkmbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:33 PM   #80
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

grkmbee-We are going 4th of July week. I booked it right on the WDW website. It gave me the choice of all three suites for the summer deal.
liznboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #81
hglenn
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by grkmbee View Post
liznboys - I'm surprised you were able to get a discount on a Nemo room! Good for you! Can I ask when you are going - which summer discount were you able to use (summer or late summer)? We're staying during both promotions and have had no luck getting a Nemo room guaranteed with a discount - only a family suite with a Nemo request.
We are going 8/31-9/7 and have a Nemo FS. We got a FD pin so we are not using a room discount. But we were originally boomed in the Nemo FS with the 15% discount. I thought the only room not offered on the room discount was the LM rooms??
hglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #82
mmtwinmama
Mouseketeer

Drawing class?

Hi- Can anyone who is there now, recently, or will be there soon verify if they still do the drawing classes? I read its only offered Thur - Sunday, but that was an old post.
Thanks.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #83
Gibbygirl
why am I here when I should be there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmtwinmama
Hi- Can anyone who is there now, recently, or will be there soon verify if they still do the drawing classes? I read its only offered Thur - Sunday, but that was an old post.
Thanks.
I'm interested in this, too. Hoping to walk over from POP one day with DD & do this. Also wondering what the difference is between this & the one at HS in the Animation Academy. Should we plan to do both?
Old 05-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #84
mmtwinmama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbygirl View Post
I'm interested in this, too. Hoping to walk over from POP one day with DD & do this. Also wondering what the difference is between this & the one at HS in the Animation Academy. Should we plan to do both?
I think if you are at DHS and can fit it in, definitely do it. My kids LOVE it. We stayed at BC in August and had hoppers so there were many days we just popped in to DHS to do it.

Im hoping AoA is similar and offered often. We did not get hoppers this time and only plan on 1 DHS day so Im really hoping its good.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #85
HHMcG
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albrst View Post
We leave in three weeks for a 6 day stay. We are staying in a LK family suite. I have four kids ages 6, 7, 11 and 14. My kids are already fighting over who gets what bed. LOL...

I cannot wait! This is my kids's first trip to Disney!
A first trip is so exciting!! I'm excited for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmtwinmama View Post
Thanks.
I'm curious about this too.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #86
ammag
DIS Veteran

As for air mattresses, if you have Kohls and a Kohls card, you can regularly find their aero beds at a great price idyl get a 30% coupon! And you can do it online and check capon sites for the 30 code. My mom got a great deal on a double high one, so far it works well! They are not made as well as the standard aero beds but much better than the cheaper ones
ammag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #87
Aleficent
<3a.

Taking my first trip to AOA in TLM rooms from 8/8-8/18 and I cannot wait! It's just a mother daughter trip, and Ariel is my favorite princess so I'm really excited to explore the resort
Old 05-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #88
ArielSparrow
From Fins to Fila

Hi, I'm sorry if this has already been answered but I couldn't figure out the search terms for it.

Are you allowed to visit AA to walk around if you aren't staying there? I'm taking a day off from the parks one day to visit DD, Boardwalk, and hopefully other resort grounds. Is this possible?

Thanks!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 08:30 PM   #89
rymahoney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielSparrow View Post
Hi, I'm sorry if this has already been answered but I couldn't figure out the search terms for it.

Are you allowed to visit AA to walk around if you aren't staying there? I'm taking a day off from the parks one day to visit DD, Boardwalk, and hopefully other resort grounds. Is this possible?

Thanks!!!
I would say yes at aoa don't know about others. But you can go there and have a quick service lunch and walk around and see different themes. I actually suggest doing so. It's pretty cool
rymahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:33 PM   #90
iloveallthingsdisney
Mouseketeer

AoA Little Mermaid and free dining

Does anyone know if the Little Mermaid section has been excluded in past free dining offers?
iloveallthingsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: