Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #871
magictam2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanataDad View Post
3 different matching shirts? Are these from disney store? We only found 1 type (the grey one with faded Mickey) for the when family. Please post details of where you got the shirts from. Thanks.
Yep I got mine from Etsy too and from a facebook. Here's links
Pirates-His & Hers
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/MouseKouture1

Santa Hats-His & Hers
https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/1554...op_home_active

This FaceBook where you can get free personalized graphics. I did these, printed them on iron on transfer paper and ironed them to plan white t-shirts.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/530433526987331/
magictam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:05 AM   #872
Newbie123
Mouseketeer

Anyone at AoA now? We leave this week, I'm counting down the hours!! I hope my kids love the resort as much as I think they will
Newbie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2013, 09:07 AM   #873
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie123 View Post
Anyone at AoA now? We leave this week, I'm counting down the hours!! I hope my kids love the resort as much as I think they will
We've toured the resort and will be staying there in February. The theming of each section is amazing. Have a wonderful trip!!
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #874
Newbie123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso View Post
We've toured the resort and will be staying there in February. The theming of each section is amazing. Have a wonderful trip!!
thanks! It's our first trip, I'm anxious about it, but so excited!
Newbie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:22 AM   #875
jrsharp21
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nardoneje View Post
If you go to www.etsy.com that is where most people get their matching shirts. LOTS of people make all kinds of them, just search 'custom disney shirt' or something to that effect. I just ordered 4 different sets for our trip. Also, they have custom lanyards, luggage tags, pretty much anything you can think of.
OMG, how come I have never seen this Etsy site before? I don't know if I will be getting any work done today. LOL.
jrsharp21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #876
MaxTheHorse
Earning My Ears

Just back from 8 nights in a Cars suite. Stayed in Bldg 2 (Wheel Well Motel/Lightning McQueen). I found it to be a long walk to Animation Hall...3 min 45 sec when I timed it one morning. Plan an extra few minutes if you have kids because they will want to stop at all the characters to visit with them. We were on the 3rd floor right above Cozy Cone pool and could see some of the higher fireworks from Illuminations.

Resort got mobbed during the last Saturday of our stay. Here's a shot of the check-in line around 3 pm Saturday 10/19: http://i.imgur.com/8Gr90sf.jpg Pretty crazy! Cast members said about half the resort turned over that day. Wow!

Landscape of Flavors was great. So nice to have a choice of something besides burgers -- though they have that too if that's what you want (the "pastrami burger" is awesome!). I thought the Indian food was pretty good, though the spices were really toned down. If you're into pressed pennies, there are some cool designs in two machines in the food court area.

Bus service was pretty good most of the time. We did have a problem with a 30-minute wait to Animal Kingdom one morning for a pre-rope-drop breakfast but a bus came 5 minutes after we asked a Magic Kingdom driver to call one for us.

The Nemo sprayground was closed for part of our stay to repair the soft decking. It reopened by the end of the week but I'd say by the looks of it there will need to be periodic repairs...some of it still looked a little ratty.

For those who do laundry on vacation, the laundry room at the Big Blue Pool always seemed busy but there's also one in the Cozy Cone pool that didn't look like as many people used it.
MaxTheHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #877
MaxTheHorse
Earning My Ears

Oh, and if you like coconut the Island Moonshine cocktail at the Dropoff pool bar is delicious. However, the wait in the to-go drink line at the bar was 10-15 minutes on Friday evening...not cool.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #878
magictam2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTheHorse View Post
Just back from 8 nights in a Cars suite. Stayed in Bldg 2 (Wheel Well Motel/Lightning McQueen). I found it to be a long walk to Animation Hall...3 min 45 sec when I timed it one morning. Plan an extra few minutes if you have kids because they will want to stop at all the characters to visit with them.
I'm also booked in a Cars Suite. I have a dad back so I try to minimize how far I walk whenever possible. I know walking in the parks is gonna be a killer but I plan on going slow and taking frequent breaks.

Anyway my question is which building would you recommend for transportation and pool? I don't plan on too much time at Animation Hall as we have ADRs for breakfast.

TIA
Old 10-21-2013, 11:02 AM   #879
nardoneje
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
OMG, how come I have never seen this Etsy site before? I don't know if I will be getting any work done today. LOL.
Yea, I usually try to stay away from it, but this time I spent several days and $100's) going through stuff and picking out the perfect things for our trip! I'm certain my family is going to hate me.
nardoneje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #880
MaxTheHorse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictam2 View Post

I'm also booked in a Cars Suite. I have a dad back so I try to minimize how far I walk whenever possible. I know walking in the parks is gonna be a killer but I plan on going slow and taking frequent breaks.

Anyway my question is which building would you recommend for transportation and pool? I don't plan on too much time at Animation Hall as we have ADRs for breakfast.

TIA
Cars Bldg 1 or 3 would be maybe 60 seconds less walking. Ask at checkin to be closest to buses. Nemo section is most central if that's most important to you.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #881
KanataDad
Mouseketeer

MagicBand shipping outside USA

When I called disney they said magicbands will be shipped to AoA ready for our arrival because we're in Canada and they don't ship outside USA.
However, the MagicBand page by default has my Canadian shipping address. Does anyone who's ordered magicbands from outside know if we have to change the shipping address to the resort address (shown on the first page of this thread) or will they just know and automatically chose where to ship?
Anyone ever been able to successfully get it shipped to Canada?

Dec 2010, DCL (Wonder) Bahamas
Dec 2013, DCL (Fantasy) Eastern Caribbean + 4 night DW AoA
Dec 2014, 1 night POR + 4 nights DCL (Dream) Bahamas + 7 nights CSR
Dec 2015, DCL (Fantasy) Western Caribbean + TBD WDW
KanataDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #882
disneypolybride2008
DIS Veteran

we are so excited our trip is in 2 weeks! dd2 is now more into the lion king than ariel, go figure. hope she is still excited to sleep at Ariel's house!

disneypolybride2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #883
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanataDad View Post
When I called disney they said magicbands will be shipped to AoA ready for our arrival because we're in Canada and they don't ship outside USA.
However, the MagicBand page by default has my Canadian shipping address. Does anyone who's ordered magicbands from outside know if we have to change the shipping address to the resort address (shown on the first page of this thread) or will they just know and automatically chose where to ship?
Anyone ever been able to successfully get it shipped to Canada?
You don't even need to change your address. The bands will automatically ship to AofA, even if your Canadian address is listed. We just got back from AofA last week. Our customized bands were waiting for us upon arrival.

The bands will not ship to Canada.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:05 AM   #884
magictam2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie123 View Post
Have a great time. I look forward to reading all about your trip.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:29 AM   #885
KanataDad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
You don't even need to change your address. The bands will automatically ship to AofA, even if your Canadian address is listed. We just got back from AofA last week. Our customized bands were waiting for us upon arrival.

The bands will not ship to Canada.
Thanks for the quick response. We're ok with waiting till we arrive at AoA.

Dec 2010, DCL (Wonder) Bahamas
Dec 2013, DCL (Fantasy) Eastern Caribbean + 4 night DW AoA
Dec 2014, 1 night POR + 4 nights DCL (Dream) Bahamas + 7 nights CSR
Dec 2015, DCL (Fantasy) Western Caribbean + TBD WDW
KanataDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: