Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #856
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1steelerfn View Post
Is it true you can ask for a coffee maker in a LM room??
You can ask, but they don't have any to give out.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #857
cgattis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgattis View Post

Anybody happen to have one of these leftover from March? We're booked for spring break!
Bump! Anyone have a leftover?
cgattis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2013, 06:35 AM   #858
KanataDad
Mouseketeer

Fastpass+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanataDad View Post
Thanks - will check again in a couple of weeks.
I was finally able to get my FASTPASS+ selections done for the family yesterday (for December arrival)
There are some technical issues (like changing FASTPASS+ ride times shows both the original and updated times on MDE itenarary, and disney tech support said they're aware of it and to just ignore it.)

| 2010 DCL Bahamas | 2013 DCL Easter Caribbean + 4 night DW AoA | 2014 TBD |
KanataDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #859
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran

Without digging through the whole thread....

If I need to ship something from amazon, do I use the address on the first page of this thread?

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Ariel on Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #860
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel on Land
Without digging through the whole thread....

If I need to ship something from amazon, do I use the address on the first page of this thread?
Yes. I did this, it arrived during my stay and got delivered to my room while I was at the park!

Just make sure you put your name and if you can, reservation number.
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:01 AM   #861
magictam2
Mouseketeer

It's early Sunday morning and all i'm doing is playing on MDE and this site. We're under the 40 day mark and I so can't wait. It's already started getting cold here (at least no snow yet).

I think I have everything but of course there are a few hiccups.
Made the FP+s but my sister is who lives in Florida hasn't purchased her park tickets yet, so I don't know how the FP+s will work out when her family's w/us.

ADRs are made, but again, with hiccups. When my youngest DD decided to come I had to change all the ADRS for 1 more. As many CMs have told me going to an odd number is difficult.I have a BOG for 6 but need 7 and was finaly able to score a CP for breakfast for 4 but of course I need 5. Have the perfect 1900 Park Ave dinner reservation for a day we are NOT at Disney and now they want to spend that day at Universal AKA Harry Potter land. So I have to let that go, but can't seem to make myself do it yet.

This year I even went so far as to order matching shirts, not just for 1 day but for 3 days. I am driving the family crazy and have great fun doing it. How's everyone else's plans coming?
Old 10-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #862
lordofanime
Earning My Ears

Ok, I have to ask, how is Fast Pass + different from the regular ones?
lordofanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #863
Itinkso
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofanime View Post
You will be able to choose three Fastpass + Attractions for every day of your visit well before you arrive for your vacation.

The Theme Parks board is loaded with MagicBand and Fastpass + threads if you'd like to read more.
WDW 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #864
magictam2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofanime View Post
If you have an account on the Disney on Line site and have a reservation scheduled like the dining reservations, w/in 60 days out (I think) you can make fast pass selections for rides and special events. I think the jury is still out on whether or not this is a good think. I'm mean really? Needing to know which park you going to be in on which day at the right time so you can utilize a fast pass you picked 2 months before you left?

We'll see.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:29 PM   #865
Itinkso
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictam2 View Post
If you have an account on the Disney on Line site and have a reservation scheduled like the dining reservations, w/in 60 days out (I think) you can make fast pass selections for rides and special events. I think the jury is still out on whether or not this is a good think. I'm mean really? Needing to know which park you going to be in on which day at the right time so you can utilize a fast pass you picked 2 months before you left? We'll see.
The only downside if you choose not to use Fastpass+ is there may not be any regular Fastpasses in the parks. You do need tickets attached to your reservation and you use the My Disney Experience app to link all your tickets, plans and Fastpasses.
WDW 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Old 10-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #866
dreamseeker9
Mouseketeer

Post AoA Trip Report link

Hi all - I stayed at AoA in a Finding Nemo Suite, Building 5, last November. I'm finally getting around to writing my Trip Report, you can find the start of it here.

I'm going to post AoA photos and my review of the resort today.

Enjoy! We had an amazing time at AoA!
Dec. 3, 2013 - Disneyland
March-April 2014 - WDW - CSR, Sept-Oct 2014 - WDW - POR & YC

dreamseeker9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:41 PM   #867
Mr.Disney
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the great info!! We are thinking of staying at the AoA on our next trip.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:02 PM   #868
Itinkso
DIS Veteran

Great thread!

DD and I will be in a Little Mermaid room February 19 - 21 for the Royal Family 5k. We are taking advantage of the shuttle service to the run and are excited to stay at AoA!!
Old 10-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #869
KanataDad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictam2 View Post
It's early Sunday morning and all i'm doing is playing on MDE and this site. We're under the 40 day mark and I so can't wait. It's already started getting cold here (at least no snow yet).

I think I have everything but of course there are a few hiccups.
Made the FP+s but my sister is who lives in Florida hasn't purchased her park tickets yet, so I don't know how the FP+s will work out when her family's w/us.

ADRs are made, but again, with hiccups. When my youngest DD decided to come I had to change all the ADRS for 1 more. As many CMs have told me going to an odd number is difficult.I have a BOG for 6 but need 7 and was finaly able to score a CP for breakfast for 4 but of course I need 5. Have the perfect 1900 Park Ave dinner reservation for a day we are NOT at Disney and now they want to spend that day at Universal AKA Harry Potter land. So I have to let that go, but can't seem to make myself do it yet.

This year I even went so far as to order matching shirts, not just for 1 day but for 3 days. I am driving the family crazy and have great fun doing it. How's everyone else's plans coming?
3 different matching shirts? Are these from disney store? We only found 1 type (the grey one with faded Mickey) for the when family. Please post details of where you got the shirts from. Thanks.

| 2010 DCL Bahamas | 2013 DCL Easter Caribbean + 4 night DW AoA | 2014 TBD |
KanataDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:00 PM   #870
nardoneje
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanataDad View Post
3 different matching shirts? Are these from disney store? We only found 1 type (the grey one with faded Mickey) for the when family. Please post details of where you got the shirts from. Thanks.
If you go to www.etsy.com that is where most people get their matching shirts. LOTS of people make all kinds of them, just search 'custom disney shirt' or something to that effect. I just ordered 4 different sets for our trip. Also, they have custom lanyards, luggage tags, pretty much anything you can think of.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: