Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #796
bluezy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandydk View Post
We've got a Lion King suite booked (my favorite movie), but now I'm second guessing myself and wondering if I should have gotten a Cars suite. Thoughts on the theming of LK?
I would keep the LK suite. We were in a LK suite in June and loved it. The area is a little more quiet than the other areas because it doesn't have a pool but it's a quick walk to either the Nemo pool or the Little Mermaid pool (which had a total of 15 people in it one afternoon when the Nemo pool was packed). When I looked at the pictures, I thought the interior decor of the LK suites would be too "loud" for my taste but it really wasn't....especially once we were settled in and had "stuff" all over the room.

While LK & Cars appear (on maps) to be the same distance from the main building, you need to keep in mind that Building #2 in Cars is definitely further from the main building than either one of the LK buildings. Also, the food court and bus stops are both closer to the LK area than the Cars buildings as they are at that end of the building. Bell services and the check-in area is at the end of Animation Hall closest to Cars. We were in Bldg. 10 in the Lion King area, at the end of the building closest to Animation Hall. It was less than 100 yards from our room door to the door of Landscape of Flavors and not much further to the bus stops (yes, I measured it).

We were originally booked in a Nemo suite but switched to Cars when discounts came out and there were none available for Nemo. When the kids found out I picked Cars over Lion King, they weren't happy so when we checked in, I asked if there was anything available in LK that was close to the main building. The CM checked with the room assigner he smiled and said, "I have the best location for you....you're going to love this." And he was right. It was a fabulous location -- close to everything and our floor (4th) was very quiet -- we only saw one other family on our wing the entire week. I think the room next to us was being used by resort CMs for something -- we did see a few of them coming and going from there a few times during the week. We will most likely request this same location (Bldg 10, close to Animation Hall) the next time we stay there. I will say to make sure to take a walk over to the Cars area one night because it's gorgeous when it's all lit up, but I wouldn't change your Lion King location.
bluezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #797
mom2cgj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandydk View Post
We've got a Lion King suite booked (my favorite movie), but now I'm second guessing myself and wondering if I should have gotten a Cars suite. Thoughts on the theming of LK?
If LK is your favorite movie, I would keep it! We stayed in LK in January, and loved it. My kids loved sleeping with Simba, the theming in the rooms was great, and it was very quiet. The walk to the pool (we only used the Big Blue) was very short, and walking to AH and the buses was short as well. My kids want to try staying in all three areas, so we are heading to Cars next time, but we really enjoyed the LK section!

AoA Cars - Jan. 2015 - Pre Trip Report:There's No Such Thing As Too Much Planning!

AoA Lion King - Jan. 2013 5 Newbies Visit the World!!
mom2cgj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #798
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
I can only comment on this line.

We spent 13 days at Pop in August, but we often ate at AofA. We walked by the Nemo pool numerous times at different times of the day, usually late morning, mid-late afternoon and early evening. The pool was always packed compared to the Hippy Dippy pool at Pop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post
The LM section is often sold out, which is why they exclude it from promos. The suites, however, don't tend to sell out as much.

I got back last week from a 10 day stay split between POP and AoA. Yes the Nemo pool is more crowded than the Hippy Dippy. But I never thought it was too crowded or unpleasant. The other two pools at AoA are quiet. I think POP was more crowded in general though. There are just way more rooms there (no suites = smaller rooms = more rooms) so usually way more guests.

I was in a LK suite and did not find it noisy at all. Children running and screaming outside your door will be loud whether it's an inside or outside corridor.

Having been to both AoA is very much my favorite (regardless of the rooms, which I can't compare) but not at the expense of savings. So next year I booked for POP.

Thank you for the replies. If we do stay here, it would probably only be a two night stay at the end of our trip just so we can experience the resort while we still have the opportunity as we will soon be a family of seven and once our baby is 3 we will exceed the occupancy limit for the suites. I am leaning towards a Lion King suite (which is what we were going to choose when we were considering staying here this past May) because from what I have read the Lion King area seems like a quiet but central location within the resort and it is also a movie both my boys and girls love.
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:43 PM   #799
sandydk
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the opinions -- we're going to keep our Lion King suite. We'll just go visit the Cars section and enjoy the theming from the outside!
Next up: Caribbean Beach Resort 11/2014

sandydk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #800
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

We are on the ME right now on our way to AofA. Hoping for a ground floor LM room.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #801
magictam2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We are on the ME right now on our way to AofA. Hoping for a ground floor LM room.
Have a great time.

I'm looking forward to hearing all about. We leave in 48 days. We have a CARS suite.
magictam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:35 PM   #802
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

We're just shy of the two week window to our AoA LM room! (Squee!)

Small question, though. I read a post on here where someone had booked the LM room well in advance, and when they checked in, none were available, and they ended up being upgraded to a LK suite. Has anyone else heard of this happening recently? I won't kick a fuss either way (okay, maybe a little) but we definitely booked the LM room for a reason, not just because it looked pretty.

And can anyone comment on the cleanliness of the communal microwave/toaster area? Being a bit of a germaphobe, I'm reluctant to use appliances random strangers could be using while ill... and cooking food.

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
AliceandAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #803
ZoneOrr
Earning My Ears

We 'll be in the Ariel section in two weeks! So excited :-)
ZoneOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #804
Rorey
Mouseketeer

I love reading all about the LM fans here. DH and I will be at AoA in 46 days and we booked a LM room for the first 2 days of our trip.

**Becky**
Beach Club - October 2011, AoA and ASMo - December 2013
Numerous visits to Disneyland
Rorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:13 PM   #805
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Would love to hear what you think. I love reading everyone's posts. We are staying in LM rooms next summer!

tinkerbell615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #806
KanataDad
Mouseketeer

Fastpass+ ?

Yay .... 60 days left. Was able to do online pre-checkin. But can't still do FASTPASS+. Anyone else under 60 days at AoA able to book FASTPASS+ ?

| Dec 2010, DCL Bahamas | Dec 2013, DCL Easter Caribbean + 4 night DW AoA | Dec 2014, 1 night POR + 4 nights Disney Dream + 7 nights CSR|
KanataDad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:43 PM   #807
magictam2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanataDad View Post
Yay .... 60 days left. Was able to do online pre-checkin. But can't still do FASTPASS+. Anyone else under 60 days at AoA able to book FASTPASS+ ?
i haven't heard of anyone getting fp+ who check in after 11/30. rumor has it may open up after 10/20 but i don't know why.
magictam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:49 PM   #808
goofyredraider
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanataDad View Post
I was wondering this myself. I'm 66 days out though.

DS(8) DS (11)DD (12)

POR July 2011, POR May 2012, BC June 2012 ; POFQ, AKL, & BC June 2013 (23 night stay!!); POR December 2013,
ASMo for Princess Half Marathon- February 2014
AoA/POFQ split stay - June 2014
**COMING SOON*** Disneyland July 2014
goofyredraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #809
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictam2 View Post
Have a great time.

I'm looking forward to hearing all about. We leave in 48 days. We have a CARS suite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceandAriel View Post
We're just shy of the two week window to our AoA LM room! (Squee!)

Small question, though. I read a post on here where someone had booked the LM room well in advance, and when they checked in, none were available, and they ended up being upgraded to a LK suite. Has anyone else heard of this happening recently? I won't kick a fuss either way (okay, maybe a little) but we definitely booked the LM room for a reason, not just because it looked pretty.

And can anyone comment on the cleanliness of the communal microwave/toaster area? Being a bit of a germaphobe, I'm reluctant to use appliances random strangers could be using while ill... and cooking food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell615 View Post
Would love to hear what you think. I love reading everyone's posts. We are staying in LM rooms next summer!
Just waking up in my LM room.

Well I didn't get my ground floor room I requested. We are on the 3rd floor in the Ursula building. But that's okay because at least my room was ready.

We really do love the theming of the room. I asked about paying the difference to upgrade to a suite and was told there was zero availability. The entire resort is at 100% capacity this weekend.

But I'm actually really happy in my LM room. We have a lovely view of the lake and the bridge between Pop and AofA.

I'm going for a coffee and will check on the cleanliness of the microwave area and report back.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:54 AM   #810
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceandAriel View Post
The microwaves and toasters are scattered around the drink refill areas. Toasters were crummy, but seemed fine. I would not hesitate to use them, but I'm no germophone. I looked in all the microwaves and they all seemed very clean! This was at 8:30 this morning. Not many people were using them.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: