Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 07:57 PM   #781
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

So do Magicbands open the gates around the pool now?
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #782
yellowfish78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
So do Magicbands open the gates around the pool now?
Yes.
yellowfish78 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #783
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezy View Post

Real plates and bowls in the food court but paper in the rooms (at least that's how it was when we were there in June)
Thank you!!!
Old 10-08-2013, 07:55 AM   #784
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanataDad View Post
We're staying at Little Mermaid. Just wanted to know if the main building has a microwave to heat up milk for kids?
Thanks
Yes -- photo below from an easywdw report.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #785
KanataDad
Mouseketeer

Microwave

Thanks so much car wash.
The link had lots if interesting info.

Dec 2010, DCL (Wonder) Bahamas
Dec 2013, DCL (Fantasy) Eastern Caribbean + 4 night DW AoA
Dec 2014, 1 night POR + 4 nights DCL (Dream) Bahamas + 7 nights CSR
Dec 2015, DCL (Fantasy) Western Caribbean + TBD WDW
KanataDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:46 PM   #786
bterrier518
Earning My Ears

need an invitation for magic band?

my family has our first trip planned for Dec 5th thru 11th. Nemo suite at AoA. We have not yet heard if we will be part of the testing for magic bands. Will we be given them at check in since the resort is live or would we still need an invitation? TIA.
bterrier518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #787
sandydk
Mouseketeer

We've got a Lion King suite booked (my favorite movie), but now I'm second guessing myself and wondering if I should have gotten a Cars suite. Thoughts on the theming of LK?
Next up: Caribbean Beach Resort 11/2014

sandydk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:59 PM   #788
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bterrier518 View Post
my family has our first trip planned for Dec 5th thru 11th. Nemo suite at AoA. We have not yet heard if we will be part of the testing for magic bands. Will we be given them at check in since the resort is live or would we still need an invitation? TIA.
You don't need an invitation. Just keep checking MDE to see if you have the ability to customize bands and make FP selections.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:05 PM   #789
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandydk View Post
We've got a Lion King suite booked (my favorite movie), but now I'm second guessing myself and wondering if I should have gotten a Cars suite. Thoughts on the theming of LK?
I like the theming of both. I would keep the Lion King suite though because it's a bit closer to the food court area, and if it's your favourite movie, I'm sure you will love it. Enjoy!
Old 10-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #790
Qmom
Mistress of All Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandydk
Cars and lion king are same distance from animation hall, but cars is closer to two pools and laundry. I had LK booked first (same reason) but was glad to change to Cars for theming, decor and location.

Contemporary Sept 2009 • Contemporary Nov 2010 • AKL Sept 2011 • Contemporary Sept 2012 • AoA Sept 2013 • The Cabins Oct 2014
Qmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:41 AM   #791
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

I just posted a new thread asking about the crowds/popularity of AOA. Would be interested in some feedback. Thanks
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:52 AM   #792
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates2Princesses View Post
I just posted a new thread asking about the crowds/popularity of AOA. Would be interested in some feedback. Thanks
Ok, for some reason my thread didn't post But my question basically was that since AOA has been excluded from the recent free dining promo and the current play, stay, and dine promo does that mean this resort is really, really popular and therefore really crowded? I've read some reviews stating that since the buildings with the family suites have interior corridors that the resort is on the noisy side (kids running up and down the halls, doors slamming, etc.) and also that the Nemo pool gets rather congested.
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:30 AM   #793
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates2Princesses View Post
and also that the Nemo pool gets rather congested.
I can only comment on this line.

We spent 13 days at Pop in August, but we often ate at AofA. We walked by the Nemo pool numerous times at different times of the day, usually late morning, mid-late afternoon and early evening. The pool was always packed compared to the Hippy Dippy pool at Pop.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:55 AM   #794
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates2Princesses

Ok, for some reason my thread didn't post But my question basically was that since AOA has been excluded from the recent free dining promo and the current play, stay, and dine promo does that mean this resort is really, really popular and therefore really crowded? I've read some reviews stating that since the buildings with the family suites have interior corridors that the resort is on the noisy side (kids running up and down the halls, doors slamming, etc.) and also that the Nemo pool gets rather congested.
The LM section is often sold out, which is why they exclude it from promos. The suites, however, don't tend to sell out as much.

I got back last week from a 10 day stay split between POP and AoA. Yes the Nemo pool is more crowded than the Hippy Dippy. But I never thought it was too crowded or unpleasant. The other two pools at AoA are quiet. I think POP was more crowded in general though. There are just way more rooms there (no suites = smaller rooms = more rooms) so usually way more guests.

I was in a LK suite and did not find it noisy at all. Children running and screaming outside your door will be loud whether it's an inside or outside corridor.

Having been to both AoA is very much my favorite (regardless of the rooms, which I can't compare) but not at the expense of savings. So next year I booked for POP.
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:19 AM   #795
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bterrier518 View Post
I have been told all resorts will be testing by the end of this month. Keep checking your MDE. Only recently have Nov. guests been able to find the spot to order the bands. It's kind of random now and seems to pop up about 20-45 day prior
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: