Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #736
DJWMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hglenn

$2 for a regular wash load and $2 per dryer but that is for 60 minutes. The machines only take quarters bt there is a change machine I the laundry room. You cannot get cash from your key or magic band. They also had a vending machine for detergent, dryer sheets, etc but we took our own. target has travel size laundry gel packs for around $2 for 5 packs. And the we took dryer sheets. The laundry is at the big pool so we just did laundry while we swam. Didn't seem as bad as it does at home!
There is a laundry room at the cozy cone pool also
Old 10-01-2013, 02:24 AM   #737
chmurf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrncJasmine View Post
We stayed in LM room last October. It was a VERY long walk back, especially when you've been out walking all day to begin with. After the first nights walk, we decided to drive to the front parking lot the next morning and park, then drive back when we got off the bus that night. We're thankful we had our car, can't imagine if we didn't.

bus stop to LM section will have you walking between 300 and 600 yards, depending on where your room is.

I've walked more than that from the car to the room when the parking lot was loaded in the evening (both at AoA and POP). And I would surely walk more than that from the bus stop to the car, and then from the car to the room. (Not mentionning the transfer of kids from the bus to the stroller, from the stroller to the car, from the car to the stroller, and back to the room ... granted that we don't have to carry them ...)

The walk is not that bad even after a full day at the park, it's even relaxing while you sip on that refillable mug you've just filled at AH, and enjoy the lionking icons on your way back to LM section ... just in time for a late night dip in the pool.
my kind of vacations

ymmv

feb-mar 2012 : POP
oct-nov 2012 : POP/CBR
oct-nov 2013 : AoA/POR
chmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2013, 06:22 AM   #738
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Here now. Checked in yesterday and got upgraded to a LK suite! They didn't have any LM rooms left so they asked if I wanted the upgrade. Had to check with "the boss" DD3 since she really wanted to stay in an Ariel room. Asked her if she was OK with a Simba room instead since it was bigger and closer to the Nemo pool and she said yes. Yippee! Pixie dust for us. The room, admittedly, is a bit big for two, but DH arrives tomorrow so it will be nice to have privacy. Very nicely appointed and clean. Worth it for bigger families! Lots of "living space". Just came from POP (which I loved!) so I can attest to the difference!
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #739
magictam2
Mouseketeer

We're in the 60 day mark. I was able to make some FP+ choices but tell you the truth wasn't real thrilled with the options. So probably won't use it that much.

I was able to snag a Wishes Party reserviation. So excited to pig out on sweets and watch fireworks from a (I hope) comfy chair.

Next month I'll be in the "WORLD".
magictam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #740
Newbie123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post
Here now. Checked in yesterday and got upgraded to a LK suite! They didn't have any LM rooms left so they asked if I wanted the upgrade. Had to check with "the boss" DD3 since she really wanted to stay in an Ariel room. Asked her if she was OK with a Simba room instead since it was bigger and closer to the Nemo pool and she said yes. Yippee! Pixie dust for us. The room, admittedly, is a bit big for two, but DH arrives tomorrow so it will be nice to have privacy. Very nicely appointed and clean. Worth it for bigger families! Lots of "living space". Just came from POP (which I loved!) so I can attest to the difference!
That's awesome! enjoy your trip!
Newbie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #741
Newbie123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hglenn View Post
$2 for a regular wash load and $2 per dryer but that is for 60 minutes. The machines only take quarters bt there is a change machine I the laundry room. You cannot get cash from your key or magic band. They also had a vending machine for detergent, dryer sheets, etc but we took our own. target has travel size laundry gel packs for around $2 for 5 packs. And the we took dryer sheets. The laundry is at the big pool so we just did laundry while we swam. Didn't seem as bad as it does at home!
Yes, laundry done pool side is way better than at home! thanks for the info, good to know that I should bring some cash. And I'll look at some of those travel detergent packs, too.
Newbie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #742
jrsharp21
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrncJasmine View Post
We stayed in LM room last October. It was a VERY long walk back, especially when you've been out walking all day to begin with. After the first nights walk, we decided to drive to the front parking lot the next morning and park, then drive back when we got off the bus that night. We're thankful we had our car, can't imagine if we didn't.
This is what I did when I stayed in the very last building at Pop. We will probably do this as well when we stay at AofA in March.
jrsharp21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #743
dtats
Earning My Ears

We also stayed in the LM section recently, in mid-late August, and the walk from our room (building 7) to the main area (dining, shopping, buses) is a bit of a stretch of the legs. But, you're staying at a place where you expect to be walking quite a bit, so many folks are confused about what the fuss is all about.

In the morning, heading from your room to grab a drink at the soda fountain in Landscape of Flavors, or grab a souvenier from the gift shop, or catch the bus to the Magic kingdom, the walk isn't so bad. You'll pass other happy vacationers, you'll smile at one another; you might even say "hi" or "good morning!" And then, you'll go on to enjoy a magical Disney Day!

At the end of the day, as you get off that bus which was standing room only, with a couple crying babies, a husband and wife arguing with each other right next to you, and that "oh, so sweet" smell of too many people who don't know what deodorant is, you're about to retrace your foot steps from this morning.

This time, the walk BACK to the room isn't so much fun. You'll be walking alot slower, and somehow, this walk seems to be a whole lot longer than it was this morning!

My advice: prepare yourselves. The tip about driving over to a parking spot near the bus depot is an excellent one. Since we only did the Disney buses a couple times before opting to drive ourselves to the parks each day, we cut the walk back to the LM section by quite a bit. However, we did leave our Disney refillable mugs in our minivan, so we could refill prior to calling it a night. This strategy worked out well for us, and made our Little Mermaid stay a much less taxing one!

Have fun!
dtats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #744
jrsharp21
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtats View Post
We also stayed in the LM section recently, in mid-late August, and the walk from our room (building 7) to the main area (dining, shopping, buses) is a bit of a stretch of the legs. But, you're staying at a place where you expect to be walking quite a bit, so many folks are confused about what the fuss is all about.

In the morning, heading from your room to grab a drink at the soda fountain in Landscape of Flavors, or grab a souvenier from the gift shop, or catch the bus to the Magic kingdom, the walk isn't so bad. You'll pass other happy vacationers, you'll smile at one another; you might even say "hi" or "good morning!" And then, you'll go on to enjoy a magical Disney Day!

At the end of the day, as you get off that bus which was standing room only, with a couple crying babies, a husband and wife arguing with each other right next to you, and that "oh, so sweet" smell of too many people who don't know what deodorant is, you're about to retrace your foot steps from this morning.

This time, the walk BACK to the room isn't so much fun. You'll be walking alot slower, and somehow, this walk seems to be a whole lot longer than it was this morning!

My advice: prepare yourselves. The tip about driving over to a parking spot near the bus depot is an excellent one. Since we only did the Disney buses a couple times before opting to drive ourselves to the parks each day, we cut the walk back to the LM section by quite a bit. However, we did leave our Disney refillable mugs in our minivan, so we could refill prior to calling it a night. This strategy worked out well for us, and made our Little Mermaid stay a much less taxing one!

Have fun!
Exactly what I did at Pop also. I would drive up to the front and park. Take my mug inside and fill up on Powerade. Then once I finished it I would stash it in the car and head to the bus stop. When I got back, I would go get the mug and fill up and then drive back over to the room.
jrsharp21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #745
PrncJasmine
Earning My Ears

Good to hear we weren't the only ones who did this
PrncJasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #746
dtats
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally posted by jrsharp21

...Take my mug inside and fill up on Powerade.
Between those Powerade refills and sucking down Pomegranate Lemonades during meals, these two liquids kept me alive the entire vacation!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #747
ammag
DIS Veteran

Anyone know the size of the in room safes? I assume it will fit my iPad but how about a laptop? I am getting together a list for my mom and I want to know if I should discourage her from bringing hers
ammag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #748
dtats
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally posted by ammag

Anyone know the size of the in room safes? I assume it will fit my iPad but how about a laptop? I am getting together a list for my mom and I want to know if I should discourage her from bringing hers
The safes in our LM rooms (we had two connecting) didn't seem all that big enough to hold a laptop; we since didn't use either safe, I can't say for sure. However, I recall them being somewhat small and limiting. And, with recent news stories of a sticky-fingered mousekeeper gaining access to a room safe over in the All-Stars, I'm a bit skeptical of ever using them. Before you can say, "But, Mike, that was just an isolated incident," I'll agree, but that still doesn't make me want to use them anytime soon!

Instead, I keep my laptop and other tech equipment locked in a case that cannot easily be moved or broken into (at least not without effort). Nothing is fool-proof, or in this case, burglar-proof, but this way, I can safely secure larger, bulky items in a manner I have total control of and can limit access to. No mousekeeper has a key to that!

So, although your question concerned the size of the safe, I'd say bring your laptop, but securely stow it in a case of yours.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #749
bluezy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammag View Post
I was able to fit my laptop in the safe in our Lion King suite. I also wedged a small Dooney & Bourke purse with my wallet, my husband's wallet, our mousekeeping envelopes and a few other small things in the safe. It was a tight fit though and every time I opened it to get a mousekeeping envelope out, a few things would fall out. I will mention that the safe itself is slightly larger than the opening for it so in order to get my laptop in, I had to kind of slide it in at an angle to get it to fit.
bluezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #750
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Just saw the October recreation sheet and have to say I was impressed with the activities on Halloween night!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: