Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #721
mom2cgj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clouds33 View Post
Thanks! Online, though, it has me check 2 requests. Was curious what other people liked or thought was the best.
If you want a quiet location in Nemo, I would go with lake view, which would be the back side of the resort and away from AH. That should keep you away from the pool side and the main walkways (assuming you get your request!).

AoA Cars - Jan. 2015 - Pre Trip Report:There's No Such Thing As Too Much Planning!

AoA Lion King - Jan. 2013 5 Newbies Visit the World!!
mom2cgj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #722
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by clouds33 View Post
I've been looking through the thread but having a hard time deciding which room to request. We're staying in the Nemo suite. We'll be mainly driving and would like a quiet room and have 3 little kids. What would you recommend? Ground floor, top floor, lake view, landscape view? Thanks for any help!!!
It sure is. It's the reason we most likely won't stay there again.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2013, 07:01 PM   #723
PrncJasmine
Earning My Ears

We stayed in LM room last October. It was a VERY long walk back, especially when you've been out walking all day to begin with. After the first nights walk, we decided to drive to the front parking lot the next morning and park, then drive back when we got off the bus that night. We're thankful we had our car, can't imagine if we didn't.
PrncJasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #724
Carolejm
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone,
Less than 2 weeks out. woo hoo!
We get in super late, and I'm sure the resort as our info (as we're riding ME), but do I need to call so they "keep the light on for us" as such?
Am I allowed to bring a small plug in tea kettle to use in a LM room? I plan on bringing some Starbucks Via Readybrew for the mornings.
After all this planning all there is to do is pack. Yay!
Carolejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:52 AM   #725
chuckinthechat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrncJasmine View Post
We stayed in LM room last October. It was a VERY long walk back, especially when you've been out walking all day to begin with. After the first nights walk, we decided to drive to the front parking lot the next morning and park, then drive back when we got off the bus that night. We're thankful we had our car, can't imagine if we didn't.
We stayed at LM in August of this year and didn't find the walk to be bad at all. It may seem counter intuitive but if you take the sidewalk by the parking lot it is a faster walk than walking through the resort
Old 09-30-2013, 07:44 AM   #726
Newbie123
Mouseketeer

I did a search on this thread for the information, but it didn't come up with any results...can anyone give me some info about the laundry facilities there? How much per load, cost to purchase detergent there, etc...? thanks!
Newbie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #727
jesster
Earning My Ears

Does anyone have a recreation sheet for AoA? Wondering approximate times of pool party, crafts, games, etc. TIA!

Dreaming of our next trip... April 2015?
jesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #728
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesster View Post
Does anyone have a recreation sheet for AoA? Wondering approximate times of pool party, crafts, games, etc. TIA!
Here's a link to the recreation sheet for AoA.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:15 PM   #729
jesster
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Excellent. Thank you!

Dreaming of our next trip... April 2015?
jesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #730
KristinaRN
Earning My Ears

Little Mermaid Rooms

My first post! I have a question about the LM rooms and their distance from the main building. Can anyone who has stayed at Riverside help me visualize the walking distance? At POR we stayed in the far end of Oak Manor, and didn't mind the 6-7 min walk at all. Would the walk to a LM room be comparable, or much farther do you think? Thanks for ANY insight you can give, I am super excited to stay here!
KristinaRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #731
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinaRN View Post
My first post! I have a question about the LM rooms and their distance from the main building. Can anyone who has stayed at Riverside help me visualize the walking distance? At POR we stayed in the far end of Oak Manor, and didn't mind the 6-7 min walk at all. Would the walk to a LM room be comparable, or much farther do you think? Thanks for ANY insight you can give, I am super excited to stay here!
If you are staying in a LM room in building eight, the walk would be farther.
Disneylover99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #732
hglenn
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie123 View Post
I did a search on this thread for the information, but it didn't come up with any results...can anyone give me some info about the laundry facilities there? How much per load, cost to purchase detergent there, etc...? thanks!
Very nice. $2 per load for a regular load and then $2 to dry and that is for 60 min. You cannot use your room card for these. The machines only take quarters. There is a change machine in the laundry room. There is also a vending machine for laundry detergent, dryer sheets, etc but I took my own. You can get travel bags of the detergent packs for like $2 at Target. And then I just took dryer sheets. It's at the pool so we just did laundry while we swam!
hglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #733
hglenn
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie123 View Post
$2 for a regular wash load and $2 per dryer but that is for 60 minutes. The machines only take quarters bt there is a change machine I the laundry room. You cannot get cash from your key or magic band. They also had a vending machine for detergent, dryer sheets, etc but we took our own. target has travel size laundry gel packs for around $2 for 5 packs. And the we took dryer sheets. The laundry is at the big pool so we just did laundry while we swam. Didn't seem as bad as it does at home!
Old 09-30-2013, 07:40 PM   #734
hglenn
Earning My Ears

Ugh... For some reason, this app wants me to think my replys don't post so that I'll post another one! Sorry for the double posted info!
Old 09-30-2013, 08:26 PM   #735
cgattis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post

Here's a link to the recreation sheet for AoA.
Anybody happen to have one of these leftover from March? We're booked for spring break!
cgattis is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: