Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #706
Newbie123
Mouseketeer

Do you guys know what kind of iced tea is available at the food court or pool? Is it just a Lipton like kind out of the soda dispenser or is it fresh brewed? My mom is an iced tea addict so she is trying to figure out where she can get her fix
Newbie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #707
Fivesacharm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie123 View Post
Do you guys know what kind of iced tea is available at the food court or pool? Is it just a Lipton like kind out of the soda dispenser or is it fresh brewed? My mom is an iced tea addict so she is trying to figure out where she can get her fix
It's brewed Gold Peak (there's like four different types). It was the absolute best things ever, as GP is my crack and I got unlimited refills all week with the DDP mug! Way better than Lipton!

Fivesacharm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #708
Newbie123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivesacharm View Post

It's brewed Gold Peak (there's like four different types). It was the absolute best things ever, as GP is my crack and I got unlimited refills all week with the DDP mug! Way better than Lipton!
She will be so excited to hear that there's fresh brewed available, thanks! Do you know if it's at the pool bar too, or just in the food court?
Newbie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:39 PM   #709
Running Babeck
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Like fivesacharm said-Gold Peak (I only remember a choice of sweet / unsweet when I was there in August, but I only drink unsweetened & may not have noticed other flavors). Definitely way better than any fountain variety of iced tea, but not quite fresh brewed taste to me. Good enough to get me through 10 days @ Disney. I also brought some cold brew so I didn't always have to make it to the dining hall for tea. Besides Lipton's regular cold brew, Twinings makes berry & peach flavored versions that are pretty good. I found the peach flavored for sale in the UK @ Epcot. Also just found it here at home at Big Lots (for a couple $s cheaper than Epcot)!
Running Babeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #710
Fivesacharm
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE="Running Babeck;49691296"] Like fivesacharm said-Gold Peak (I only remember a choice of sweet / unsweet when I was there in August, but I only drink unsweetened & may not have noticed other flavors./QUOTE]

Here's a pick of the options of tea...the white citrus was fabulous. Much better than "fountain" tea!

http://www.easywdw.com/reports3/adfadhgfassbssad102.jpg

Old 09-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #711
Fivesacharm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
She will be so excited to hear that there's fresh brewed available, thanks! Do you know if it's at the pool bar too, or just in the food court?
It was at the pool at both resorts we stayed at this past summer, though I can't say for sure in terms of AoA (if there's drink machines available, very likely there will be tea available)

Old 09-28-2013, 09:38 PM   #712
magictam2
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Fivesacharm;49692079]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Babeck View Post
Like fivesacharm said-Gold Peak (I only remember a choice of sweet / unsweet when I was there in August, but I only drink unsweetened & may not have noticed other flavors./QUOTE]

Here's a pick of the options of tea...the white citrus was fabulous. Much better than "fountain" tea!

http://www.easywdw.com/reports3/adfadhgfassbssad102.jpg
This great, that's my favorite bottle tea to drink.
magictam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:49 PM   #713
Qmom
Mistress of All Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie123

It is available at the pool at AoA

Contemporary Sept 2009 • Contemporary Nov 2010 • AKL Sept 2011 • Contemporary Sept 2012 • AoA Sept 2013 • The Cabins Oct 2014
Qmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #714
emsmomma
Mouseketeer

Looking at the map it looks to be quite a hike from the little mermaid rooms to the bus pick up area and the main pool. Anybody have any first hand knowledge?
emsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:01 PM   #715
KaLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmomma View Post
Looking at the map it looks to be quite a hike from the little mermaid rooms to the bus pick up area and the main pool. Anybody have any first hand knowledge?
I saw somewhere where the distance from the LM rooms to the bus stop was a little under a 1/4 mile.

Me28 DH30 DD6.5 DD3.5
Past Trips:
April 27-28, 2009: All Star Music Resort - Country Western Area
This was our quick-take-a-Disney-vacation-to-get-a-feel-of-what-it's-like-before-we-have-kids-to-drag-along trip.
Planning in Progress:
May 4-10, 2014: Coronado Springs Resort
This is our the-kids-are-only-little-for-so-long-so-lets-make-this-as-magical-and-as-awesome-as-possible trip.
KaLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:05 PM   #716
clouds33
Earning My Ears

Room Request

I've been looking through the thread but having a hard time deciding which room to request. We're staying in the Nemo suite. We'll be mainly driving and would like a quiet room and have 3 little kids. What would you recommend? Ground floor, top floor, lake view, landscape view? Thanks for any help!!!
clouds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #717
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clouds33
I've been looking through the thread but having a hard time deciding which room to request. We're staying in the Nemo suite. We'll be mainly driving and would like a quiet room and have 3 little kids. What would you recommend? Ground floor, top floor, lake view, landscape view? Thanks for any help!!!
When making room requests I have found it best to describe what you want. Like close to food court, close to quiet pool, etc. So I would word your request "quiet room location". The room assigners know which rooms will be typically quiet.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #718
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmomma View Post
You're right. It is quite a hike, especially if you are in building eight.
We walked the distance a few times when we stayed at Pop last month.

That being said, we booked a LM room for next month, so we will be "hiking" back and forth to the bus in a few weeks.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #719
clouds33
Earning My Ears

Thanks! Online, though, it has me check 2 requests. Was curious what other people liked or thought was the best.
clouds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #720
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clouds33
Thanks! Online, though, it has me check 2 requests. Was curious what other people liked or thought was the best.
That's why I don't like making my requests via online check in. The options are very limited. It's best to call and have your requests added to your reservation.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: