Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #691
dtats
Earning My Ears

Originally posted by Pinkerella
Quote:
I was thinking about booking the LM rooms for our next trip, my little girl is princess crazy! But my husband is 6'4" does anybody know if the double beds would be long enough for him? Last time we did POR royal rooms , I think they had queen.
My family and I were just at WDW last month, and we had a res with two rooms in the LM wing of AoA. We were assigned to building 7, the "Ursula" wing, up on the top floor, with two connecting rooms facing the courtyard.

I'm 6'1", and I had no trouble sleeping in the double beds that were in both rooms. There's four of us, so we each had our own bed (and with two bathrooms between us, it really worked out well, as we paid less for the two LM rooms than had we went for one of the suites). So, unless you're sharing one of these beds, I would say that he'll probably be just fine.

And, although you didn't ask, a few other posters were inquiring about the distance from the three different LM buildings when walking toward the bus stops and the main dining area/shops. Although building 8 is physically the farthest away, bldg's 7 and 9 are hardly that much closer. One might even argue that a courtyard-facing first floor room in bldg. 8 requires less walking than a waterfront/parking lot-facing upper-floor room in bldg's 7 or 9, so it really doesn't matter all that much, as they're all about equal. The fact is, it's a bit of a walk from any of the LM bldgs to the main dining area, but certainly not unmanageable.

What we found convenient, having our rooms on the top floor of bldg 7, was our close proximity to the parking lot, as we drove down in our own vehicle. We experienced the "joy" of Disney's bus transportation system our first day in the parks , and for the next 7 days, we decided to drive ourselves (and never regretted that decision once!).

Enjoy your stay in the Little Mermaid section; you're gonna love it!
dtats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #692
Jacie
Disney Obsessed!

Can anyone tell me if the new fridges in the LM rooms have freezers built into them? Thanks!
2011- May- Star Wars Weekends- Just Daddy and Mommy! First WDW trip for Mommy!
2011- November- All Star Movies- First WDW trip for the kids, first resort stay!
2012- October- Flying back to the West Coast to go to Disneyland! Can't wait to be back to my home park!
2013- May- Star Wars Weekends- Just Daddy and Mommy again!
2013- September- Family trip back to WDW for MNSSHP! Staying in the LM area at AoA!

Jacie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #693
Pinkerella
Earning My Ears

Awesome!!! Thank you so much!
Old 09-25-2013, 09:44 PM   #694
Qmom
Mistress of All Evil

Here now at building 3 (Luigi and Guido). Way better than I expected, and had planned to get on here to report how thrilled we are with the buses. Then I tried to do a load of laundry and that put a bit of a damper on my gushy happiness! All machines fully loaded at 10:30, with three other happy campers with double loads waiting ahead of me... Not good! Anyway, venting completed, I can gush about the buses. We left MK about an hour before closing and to our dismay, the AoA bus line had overtaken the Caribbean beach queue. I had never before encountered such a thing! Within 7 minutes, 3 buses had arrived. A fourth appeared shortly thereafter and so we went from the end of a very exceptionally long bus ride to on our merry way home within 16 minutes (lots of strollers on the last load of passengers took awhile to load safely with sleepy little ones). Resort is very clean, staff are lovely, and the fridge works. Didn't hear too much corridor noise last night, but we were completely wiped. Also happy to note that they have apparently changed the horrid bedcovers and the bedding is very comfortable! We did buy a balloon today to see if that will keep the AC running all night. Very pleased 2 days in

Contemporary Sept 2009 • Contemporary Nov 2010 • AKL Sept 2011 • Contemporary Sept 2012 • AoA Sept 2013 • The Cabins Oct 2014
Qmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:13 PM   #695
magictam2
Mouseketeer

Qmom, thanks for the great update. Is building 3 in the CARS? Can you please explain the ballon and AC comment?

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip. Have a great time!
magictam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:44 AM   #696
Qmom
Mistress of All Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictam2
Qmom, thanks for the great update. Is building 3 in the CARS? Can you please explain the ballon and AC comment?

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip. Have a great time!
That's right, 1-3 are Cars. I had read somewhere on here that the AC shut off during the night because it's motion sensitive. We found that when we were up and about during the day, it was great but did become warm during the first night. Specifically,it was warm when we got up but the AC kicked in quickly once we were moving. Not sure if we should credit the balloon, but when I got up this am, it was nice and cool.

Contemporary Sept 2009 • Contemporary Nov 2010 • AKL Sept 2011 • Contemporary Sept 2012 • AoA Sept 2013 • The Cabins Oct 2014
Old 09-26-2013, 07:02 AM   #697
lizaisabel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmom View Post
That's right, 1-3 are Cars. I had read somewhere on here that the AC shut off during the night because it's motion sensitive. We found that when we were up and about during the day, it was great but did become warm during the first night. Specifically,it was warm when we got up but the AC kicked in quickly once we were moving. Not sure if we should credit the balloon, but when I got up this am, it was nice and cool.
Thanks!! I will take into consideration for my December trip. I hate when the AC turn off during the night since that wake me up due to the temperature change. Thanks again!
lizaisabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #698
magictam2
Mouseketeer

Thanks again Qmom. I'll always bring a ballon. We are also staying in a Cars Suite in December. Would you recommend building 3? Top floor? We do have time scheduled each day to stay at the resort to enjoy it and provide down time for the 3 year old.

YaHoo, I am able to customize the magic bands this morning. Still 65 days out, but this makes it seem closer!
Old 09-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #699
Qmom
Mistress of All Evil

Quote:
Thanks again Qmom. I'll always bring a ballon. We are also staying in a Cars Suite in December. Would you recommend building 3? Top floor? We do have time scheduled each day to stay at the resort to enjoy it and provide down time for the 3 year old.

YaHoo, I am able to customize the magic bands this morning. Still 65 days out, but this makes it seem closer!
I like building 3. We are on the first floor because my mother is traveling with us and has had her knees replaced. We are close to animation hall, two pools, and laundry, but I think the same could be said of building 1 also. I could hear Illuminations tonight but couldn't see anything. I suspect that some top floor rooms would be able to see it. When I checked in, I requested ground floor and close to transportation -both wishes granted

Old 09-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #700
Qmom
Mistress of All Evil

Quote:

Lots to do here for little ones

Last edited by Qmom; 09-26-2013 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Double post
Old 09-27-2013, 06:37 AM   #701
DJWMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmom
Here now at building 3 (Luigi and Guido). Way better than I expected, and had planned to get on here to report how thrilled we are with the buses. Then I tried to do a load of laundry and that put a bit of a damper on my gushy happiness! All machines fully loaded at 10:30, with three other happy campers with double loads waiting ahead of me... Not good! Anyway, venting completed, I can gush about the buses. We left MK about an hour before closing and to our dismay, the AoA bus line had overtaken the Caribbean beach queue. I had never before encountered such a thing! Within 7 minutes, 3 buses had arrived. A fourth appeared shortly thereafter and so we went from the end of a very exceptionally long bus ride to on our merry way home within 16 minutes (lots of strollers on the last load of passengers took awhile to load safely with sleepy little ones). Resort is very clean, staff are lovely, and the fridge works. Didn't hear too much corridor noise last night, but we were completely wiped. Also happy to note that they have apparently changed the horrid bedcovers and the bedding is very comfortable! We did buy a balloon today to see if that will keep the AC running all night. Very pleased 2 days in
We were very pleased with the buses when we were there last week. Never waited more than 10 min for a bus, it was great

March 2001 - Off site
Sept 2013 - AoA
Sept 2014 - POR (thanks to some Pin code magic!)
DJWMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:59 AM   #702
magictam2
Mouseketeer

Thanks Qmom and DJWmom for sharing your experiences. It really helps with planning. I was worried about the bus service but it doesn't sound too bad.

64 days and counting.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:39 AM   #703
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Any idea what time the beverage station by the pool opens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnd View Post
The beverage station by the pool only has soda and iced tea, not coffee. You will need to go into the food court for that coffee fix! On the plus side, the coffee is better now than it used to be.
I am an early riser and drink soda instead of coffee for my morning fix. So, does anyone know when the pool beverage stand closest to LM section opens in the morning? Is it open only when the pool is open or can you come and go freely?

I also don't know anything about the rapid fill stations. Can someone direct me to a thread/forum where this is discussed.

Thanks for any help! We aren't at WDW until Feb but I like to plan ahead!

Feb 9-16, 2014 - PORFQ with S/P/D offer
Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

I must be completely insane or not! June/July 2009 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2159070
mdsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:54 AM   #704
DJWMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsouth

I am an early riser and drink soda instead of coffee for my morning fix. So, does anyone know when the pool beverage stand closest to LM section opens in the morning? Is it open only when the pool is open or can you come and go freely?

I also don't know anything about the rapid fill stations. Can someone direct me to a thread/forum where this is discussed.

The pool beverage station is by the bar at the Nemo pool. It never seemed to "close". It was available even after the bar had closed. The food court opens early in the morning too.

March 2001 - Off site
Sept 2013 - AoA
Sept 2014 - POR (thanks to some Pin code magic!)
DJWMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #705
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsouth View Post

There isn't one near the LM rooms
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: