Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #631
hidmickey:myantidrug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
Exactly one month from today we will be arriving!

Are there lifeguards by the Little Mermaid pool?
Yep! There are lifeguards at all the pools.
hidmickey:myantidrug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #632
hidmickey:myantidrug
DIS Veteran

Oops--double post
hidmickey:myantidrug is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2013, 09:50 PM   #633
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidmickey:myantidrug View Post
Yep! There are lifeguards at all the pools.
Thank you!
But the afternoon pool activities are by the main pool only, right?
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:33 AM   #634
thinktink87
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post

Thank you!
But the afternoon pool activities are by the main pool only, right?
Correct
thinktink87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #635
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Booked tonight and checking in tomorrow for one night with some friends for a 2 day Disney get-away with the QSR DDP! Never stayed in the suites before so super excited to see the Lion King one and what room we get since we booked super late!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:43 AM   #636
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Finally got my AoA review on my TR. Still don't have Landscape of Flavors yet, though. Here's the short version of that: We loved it! Seriously, I've got food pics and everything so I'll do it soon.
estherhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:22 AM   #637
Moonwolf
Mouseketeer

Hi! I was just wondering how comfortable are the pull out and table beds? I'm trying to get a budget for my next trip so everyone can start saving up. So I want to know if getting a family suite is a possible option as opposed to getting 2 regular rooms. At the moment it will be my brother and I and 3 of our other cousins. My brother is almost 6' tall but the rest of us are between 5' and 5'5".
Thanks!
Old 09-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #638
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwolf View Post
Hi! I was just wondering how comfortable are the pull out and table beds? I'm trying to get a budget for my next trip so everyone can start saving up. So I want to know if getting a family suite is a possible option as opposed to getting 2 regular rooms. At the moment it will be my brother and I and 3 of our other cousins. My brother is almost 6' tall but the rest of us are between 5' and 5'5".
Thanks!
While I didn't sleep on either one of those beds when we were there in June, I did lay on them to try them out and found them to be comfortable. I actually found the bed in the master bedroom to be more firm than I like (and we have a firm mattress at home). I'm a side sleeper and after 2 nights on the bed my hips felt bruised. I had to put a small pillow (that I had brought from home) under my hip every night as well as taking pain reliever 24/7 for the rest of the week.

My 15 yo DS slept on the pull-out sofa bed and he said it was very comfortable for sleeping (and he would have been sure to let me know if it wasn't!) He's 5'10" and had plenty of space. My 24 yo DS (also 5'10") slept on the table bed and said it was the most comfortable "hotel" bed he's ever slept on. I believe they are both the same dimensions as a standard full/double bed. My 13 yo DD slept on an air mattress on the floor. And 8 yo DD slept on the couch cushions (with a sheet over them) on the floor. She had an air mattress to use, but preferred the cushions.

I'm not sure what your budget or sleeping requirements are (as far as people sharing beds) but 2 rooms at a value resort are usually cheaper than a suite. That would give you 4 beds and still get you 2 bathrooms. You'd also have 2 small refrigerators (one in each room), but no coffee maker or microwave (if those are important). We did love the suite, though and it felt bigger than 2 connecting rooms (even though it's roughly the same size). And there was plenty of storage space for the 6 of us.
bluezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #639
Moonwolf
Mouseketeer

Thanks bluezy for the info. None of use have any problems with sharing so that shouldn't be a problem. I was just making sure that the beds themselves were good.

I'm still pricing things out so I needed to know if I could use that as an option for us. (so far the options I'm looking at are 1 value family suite, 2 value rooms, or if they're willing to spend a little more 2 mod rooms) I'm gonna give everyone the options with the price breakdown and see which one they'd want to go for. And of course everything could change if more relatives decided they want to come. (one downside to having a large extended family that spends a lot of time with each other hehe). Luckily I have a lot of time... I just want to go back now.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #640
pens4821
Mouseketeer

I was wondering the easiest way to get from CR to AOA at night after Wishes. We are going to eat dinner at CR, then watch the fireworks. Should we go to MK and get the bus back to AOA? This will be a Tuesday in January so crowds shouldn't be that bad, but wondering just how crowded this will be. I'm assuming this is the easiest thing to do.
pens4821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #641
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Sorry guys. I just now finished work and realized I didn't link my TR. Goofy person that I am. Here is the AoA thing. http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...8&postcount=52
Old 09-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #642
mom2cgj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens4821 View Post
I was wondering the easiest way to get from CR to AOA at night after Wishes. We are going to eat dinner at CR, then watch the fireworks. Should we go to MK and get the bus back to AOA? This will be a Tuesday in January so crowds shouldn't be that bad, but wondering just how crowded this will be. I'm assuming this is the easiest thing to do.
You can either do that or take a taxi. Personally, I would go back to MK and then grab the bus, but if you don't want to fight the crowds, the taxi might be better. In January, it shouldn't be too bad though!

AoA Cars - Jan. 2015 - Pre Trip Report:There's No Such Thing As Too Much Planning!

AoA Lion King - Jan. 2013 5 Newbies Visit the World!!
mom2cgj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #643
mom2cgj
Mouseketeer

Duplicate - sorry!

AoA Cars - Jan. 2015 - Pre Trip Report:There's No Such Thing As Too Much Planning!

AoA Lion King - Jan. 2013 5 Newbies Visit the World!!
mom2cgj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #644
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwolf View Post
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezy View Post
While I didn't sleep on either one of those beds when we were there in June, I did lay on them to try them out and found them to be comfortable. I actually found the bed in the master bedroom to be more firm than I like (and we have a firm mattress at home). I'm a side sleeper and after 2 nights on the bed my hips felt bruised. I had to put a small pillow (that I had brought from home) under my hip every night as well as taking pain reliever 24/7 for the rest of the week.
I agree with bluezy's opinion on the beds. The pull outs are definitely more comfortable than the bed in the master bedroom IMHO. I did not enjoy sleeping on that bed at all!
Old 09-13-2013, 07:34 PM   #645
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2cgj View Post
You can either do that or take a taxi. Personally, I would go back to MK and then grab the bus, but if you don't want to fight the crowds, the taxi might be better. In January, it shouldn't be too bad though!
It's a really easy walk to the buses at MK from the CR. And they keep those buses coming after Wishes. So even if there are a ton of people, the wait isn't usually long. I do believe in taking taxis from resorts to other resorts, but in this case I would probably walk to MK and take the bus.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: