Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #586
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel0917 View Post
What building and floor location should I ask for...for a LM standard room. Will real be swimming for a weekend and mnschp one night...so bus only for MK one night and them Dtd one day. 5 & 9 year old with me.
I haven't stayed at LM but when I stayed in cars suites at AOA I looked and for me personally I would want to stay in building 9. First floor, overlooking court instead of parking, and a room on end, near Lion King Suites building. My Reasons which may not apply to what you want but are: Close to parking lot (we drive), don't have to fool with elevator or steps, Close to walk right through Lion King to Animation Hall & outer sidewalk to busses and a little closer to use the big blue pool along with the LM pool.
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #587
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Bell View Post
I haven't stayed at LM but when I stayed in cars suites at AOA I looked and for me personally I would want to stay in building 9. First floor, overlooking court instead of parking, and a room on end, near Lion King Suites building. My Reasons which may not apply to what you want but are: Close to parking lot (we drive), don't have to fool with elevator or steps, Close to walk right through Lion King to Animation Hall & outer sidewalk to busses and a little closer to use the big blue pool along with the LM pool.
Great info! Thanks!

tinkerbell615 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2013, 06:02 AM   #588
lizaisabel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Bell View Post

We were at AOA over July 4, 2013. We were in the cars suites building 1 (mater building), on first floor, in a room on the end near 2nd and parking. Our room on 1st floor overlooked the cars pool. I was not bothered with noise but traffic did seem to be going out the other end of the hall towards Animation Hall and out the middle door. I remember wondering if the rooms on the other end heard everyone going in and out all the time.

We had family on 4th floor, in building 2 over looking cars pool and it was very quite and very pretty view. You wouldn't have as much traffic of people going and coming.
Thanks!! I think I will ask for the 4 floor. I have a very light sleep. Happy that you were able to enjoy your stay!!! I am 97 days away
lizaisabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #589
tnd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizaisabel View Post
Thanks!! I think I will ask for the 4 floor. I have a very light sleep. Happy that you were able to enjoy your stay!!! I am 97 days away
We just got back from a stay at AOA. We were on the 4th floor of the Mater Building and found it very quiet. We went back for midday breaks each day and my two year old had no issues napping. We also had no issues in the evening.
tnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:19 AM   #590
lizaisabel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnd View Post

We just got back from a stay at AOA. We were on the 4th floor of the Mater Building and found it very quiet. We went back for midday breaks each day and my two year old had no issues napping. We also had no issues in the evening.
Thanks! I will go for that!!
Old 09-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #591
magictam2
Mouseketeer

Hi All
We are getting so excited with less than 90 days to go. I've been studying the map on page one trying to get a feel for the area.

Is there really only 1 bus stop area? Or am I blind?

TIA
Old 09-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #592
jrsharp21
Mouseketeer

For those who have stayed at AofA, do they have a parking lot up front near the buses? We are staying in one of the LM rooms and will have our own car. My thought process was that each day when going to parks we could drive our car to the front lot and leave our mugs in there and then catch a bus. Then when we return we would have our mugs nearby and can drive back to the room after filling up.

I did this at Pop a few years ago and it worked like a charm.
jrsharp21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:45 AM   #593
lizaisabel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
For those who have stayed at AofA, do they have a parking lot up front near the buses? We are staying in one of the LM rooms and will have our own car. My thought process was that each day when going to parks we could drive our car to the front lot and leave our mugs in there and then catch a bus. Then when we return we would have our mugs nearby and can drive back to the room after filling up.

If you are staying in property and with car you don't have to pay parking at the parks. Since I have small children I prefer to take the car to the parks.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #594
jrsharp21
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizaisabel View Post
If you are staying in property and with car you don't have to pay parking at the parks. Since I have small children I prefer to take the car to the parks.
I prefer to let Disney do the driving. I did drive over to the parks several years ago and didn't really care for it. I like sitting back and taking in the surrounding areas. For me, the buses is all part of the WDW experience and charm.
jrsharp21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #595
mum2four
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictam2 View Post
Hi All
We are getting so excited with less than 90 days to go. I've been studying the map on page one trying to get a feel for the area.

Is there really only 1 bus stop area? Or am I blind?

TIA
Yes, just one bus stop area at the front of the resort. But, there are different queues for each park and DTD. Also, the bus queues are covered!
Old 09-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #596
mum2four
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Yes, there is a parking lot in front of the main building/bus stop area. But, during our visit that parking lot was usually pretty full, so you might end up having to park towards the back. Honestly, I think it would be more hassle for me to move my car back and forth everyday than to just walk to the bus stop. I guess I'm one of the odd ones that didn't think the walk from LM to the main building was a big deal. But, yes, there is parking by the bus stop, so you could give it a try.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:49 PM   #597
bluezy
Mouseketeer

Quote:

We were at AoA in late June and located in Bldg. 10 facing the parking lot and I looked out the window numerous times every day. There were always plenty of parking spots available in that lot. The lot in front of the main building was usually very full. There were probably some spots available, but I don't know how close they were to the bus stops.

Depending on your location in the LM section, it might not be worth driving to the main building. My son and his GF were in building 7 at the end closest to the Lion King section and walk wasn't bad at all. I don't think they would have saved any time or much walking distance by driving unless there was a parking spot available right next to the bus stops. I think the maps make the walks look much longer than they really are.

As far as the mugs...I meant to check on this when we were at AoA but forgot so I'm not sure if it will work but I'm throwing it out there. What we used to do when we stayed at Pop was we would take the mugs to the bathroom/changing room building by the main swimming pool (the building is right outside of the main building). There were lockers in there (similar to the lockers at the parks). I would put all the mugs in a locker (I think it cost about $1 for the day -- I remember just taking a handful of quarters) and we'd get them out when we got back in the evening and fill them up before walking back to the room. It was worth the $1 (or whatever it cost) not to have to make the trip back and forth after walking around a park all day.
bluezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #598
Ohanamoma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJWMom View Post
We're there in sept too, I'm also impatiently waiting!
http://www.themouseforless.com/tripp...oACalendar.pdf

I found this online The AoA September activity schedule.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:32 AM   #599
annamorgan
Earning My Ears

Rapid fill mugs are now in operation at the resort
annamorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #600
Newbie123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by annamorgan View Post
Rapid fill mugs are now in operation at the resort
Have they by chance added in a beverage station near the LM section?

related question-when is the beverage station near the pool open, and would that be closer than the food court? Just trying to figure out a strategy to get my coffee ASAP in the morning!!
Newbie123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: