Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #571
CynJ
Caffeinated Insomniac

Suites- are pictures accurate (size-wise)

Are the Nemo suites really as big as they seem in pictures?

I chose the AoA for our upcoming trip as I have 4 adults, 2 ECV's, 3 C-pap machines, and a probable oxygen concentrator that I'm going to be cramming into a room and felt that the sleeping options and space in the AoA suites were ideal for my purposes.

But are the pictures accurate? Are we going to be ridiculously crowded?

1991 - Caribbean Resort
2002 - All Star Movies
2014 - Art of Animation
CynJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #572
mom2cgj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynJ View Post

I chose the AoA for our upcoming trip as I have 4 adults, 2 ECV's, 3 C-pap machines, and a probable oxygen concentrator that I'm going to be cramming into a room and felt that the sleeping options and space in the AoA suites were ideal for my purposes.

We found there was plenty of space in the suites. Granted, we didn't have all the equipment that you do, but we had 5 people and all the kids' stuff, and it was very spacious.

AoA Cars - Jan. 2015 - Pre Trip Report:There's No Such Thing As Too Much Planning!

AoA Lion King - Jan. 2013 5 Newbies Visit the World!!
mom2cgj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2013, 12:50 PM   #573
bek
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Will the adults be sleeping two to a bed? Then I'd leave the couch as a couch and simply push the tables around and there is plenty of space for 2 ECVs.

If both the table and couch beds are being used for sleeping, it'll be tight. I don't know if it is possible to leave the ECVs in the hallway until everyone wants to sleep, then move them in to charge overnight. The extra space when the beds are folded out is mostly walk-way area. There is space in front of the fridge, some open space in the bedroom and our stroller fit between the table bed and the front wall. My DIL was told that 2 ECVs could fit in a Little Mermaid room, so I think it's doable in the family suites.

C-Paps and even an oxycon will fit without a problem in any of the Disney resort rooms. In the AoA family suites, there's a bit more floor space in the bedroom area than in the living area when the table and couch are in the "bed" position. But the oxycon should tuck nicely beside any of the beds without being in the way -- same with the C-Paps.
bek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:42 PM   #574
bterrier518
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezy View Post
It depends on traffic/time of day, but our experience a few weeks ago was:

MK - 20-25 minutes
EP - 10-15 minutes
DHS - 10-15 minutes
DAK - 5-10 minutes

We went to each park at least twice, so those times are kind of the average. That's simply the time you'll spend on the bus. You'll need to factor in waiting and loading time. In general, we were always at our destination within an hour of leaving our room.
Very helpful!! Thanks!
bterrier518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:11 PM   #575
yellowfish78
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bek View Post
Will the adults be sleeping two to a bed? Then I'd leave the couch as a couch and simply push the tables around and there is plenty of space for 2 ECVs.

If both the table and couch beds are being used for sleeping, it'll be tight. I don't know if it is possible to leave the ECVs in the hallway until everyone wants to sleep, then move them in to charge overnight. The extra space when the beds are folded out is mostly walk-way area. There is space in front of the fridge, some open space in the bedroom and our stroller fit between the table bed and the front wall. My DIL was told that 2 ECVs could fit in a Little Mermaid room, so I think it's doable in the family suites.

C-Paps and even an oxycon will fit without a problem in any of the Disney resort rooms. In the AoA family suites, there's a bit more floor space in the bedroom area than in the living area when the table and couch are in the "bed" position. But the oxycon should tuck nicely beside any of the beds without being in the way -- same with the C-Paps.
A EVC should also fit in the master bedroom - we comfortably had two strollers - a double and a standard - between the wall with the bathroom door and the side table by the bed with walking room around it.
yellowfish78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:35 PM   #576
annamorgan
Earning My Ears

Staying at the AoA as we speak, in a LM suite, we've been getting the POP century bus then walking across the bridge because it feels like a slightly shorter walk! The rapid fill machines are installed but not yet working lots of people still using old mugs.
annamorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #577
DJWMom
Mouseketeer

Anyone who's staying there now, or arriving in the next few days... Do you mind posting the Sept recreation/movie schedule??

March 2001 - Off site
Sept 2013 - AoA
Sept 2014 - POR (thanks to some Pin code magic!)
DJWMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #578
Joel0917
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

What building and floor location should I ask for...for a LM standard room. Will real be swimming for a weekend and mnschp one night...so bus only for MK one night and them Dtd one day. 5 & 9 year old with me.
Joel0917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #579
Ohanamoma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJWMom

We're there in sept too, I'm also impatiently waiting!
Lol time seems to go backwards the closer we get
Old 09-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #580
andee515
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel on Land View Post
yes, I got that, but does "landscape" include the inner part of the resort like where the cars pool and walkways are? Or does it also include parking lots? Or is it truly a view of greenery and such? Because I'm looking at the map, and it would seem, by my definition, that the only Cars bldg w/ landscape would be the one side of bldg 2. Everything else would be more parking lots or other bldgs. Does that make sense what I'm asking?
I went online to check in this am and was confused with the landscape vs lake view. I wanted to request 4th floor pool view and was scared of the landscape label so just left the 4th floor and then called and added pool view.

[/url].com/ticker/][/url]
andee515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #581
CynJ
Caffeinated Insomniac

Thanks everyone! The more I read about the AoA the more excited I'm getting. I really think that suite is going to be perfect for us.

1991 - Caribbean Resort
2002 - All Star Movies
2014 - Art of Animation
CynJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #582
thinktink87
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel0917 View Post
What building and floor location should I ask for...for a LM standard room. Will real be swimming for a weekend and mnschp one night...so bus only for MK one night and them Dtd one day. 5 & 9 year old with me.
If you're going to be at LM pool, all buildings are very close. Buildings 7 and 9 are closest to animation hall/buses, but that doesn't say much. So if nemo or cars pool is a priority, you may want to try for 7 or 9. Won't save you a lot of walking when it comes down to it, but a few steps.

Mermaid pool is very, very easily accessible from all LM buildings.
thinktink87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #583
disneymom0811
Mouseketeer

Thought I share my experience.

Just got back a week ago from our trip at Art of animation

Let's begin that we drove from ny which was as pleasant as it sounds.

I have to say, I love the resort, it's so cute, and themed. We had a little issue checking in, I was told when checking in that the room was not ready (we got there early so I understood ), however they said the computers were down ( a lot of issues with new system and magic bands transition) the woman said they couldn't connect our dining plan and tickets on our room key until the computers were back up and running. She said to keep receipts for food we bought and we would be reimbursed. She explained the whole thing to me about 4x and was still confused. I had been in the car for many hours and was not in the mood for any issues. They gave me tickets for the day but I have to admit I was annoyed and confused.

I went to the car to get my husband and we went back in to talk to someone else, figured my husband could help me figure out what was going on. We went to another person (maybe 10 mins after initial check in) and she was amazing. She explained in great detail and tried to link everything together again and hooray it worked. She said she is more seasoned and a lot of the new students who work there aren't as knowledgeable. Even better the first girl said she didn't know when a room would be ready, the second woman called and got us a room right away.

My whole feeling was I get that things are changing and these things happen but they didn't know how long the issue would continue. If I wanted to pay for my meals, I wouldn't get the dining plan. After everything, it all worked out. We were lucky to resolve everything and it turned out great.

We were in little mermaid room- and it was such a beautiful room. I loved the whole resort and I know LM rooms are far from entrance but it didn't bother us, we had our car. I would stay here again definitely. If I had a negative I would say I wasn't crazy about breakfast in cafeteria. All the areas are uniquely themed and overall great resort
disneymom0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #584
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....024335&page=11

I posted some pictures on this thread of our vacation over July 4th, 2013. We had plenty of room for 4 adults, 2 small children, stroller, diapers, pack'n play, coolers, etc., I read somewhere that the suite was a little larger than 2 rooms(can't remember where or how much by)but even if its not I personally felt like we had more floor space than where we had stayed previous years in two rooms with 2 double beds at Pop century or All Stars.

It only makes since you would have more floor space with one less bed and one bed being a sofa bed. We enjoyed having the dining area for a table, kitchenette(even if its small it was enough), & living room area. I thought the bathrooms were also a little nicer than at the other value resorts, especially the one off of the bedroom area.

The biggest draw back I saw before going to AOA was having to make the sofa bed but... like someone told me on here, it wasn't that hard and it wasn't. We found the easiest thing to do was to push the coffee table under the window and throw cushions on it. If you don't want to put the bed up in the morning, housekeeping will do it for you. In fact I put it up just to get it out of the way in the morning and housekeeping let in down and remade it anyways.

We used the sofa bed for the biggest part because we wanted to watch tv at night. But the dinette bed was the best bed because it was softer. It was also the easiest to make a bed from because you just pull down and push back up.

I had worried about eating at Landscape of flavors before we went. But it proved to be better than I thought it would be. Everything my daughter created and ordered, Large pizza, smoothies, chicken over pasta dish , were good. I tried the Mongolian Stir Fry with Acorn Squash. I didn't like the squash, but everything else was OK. My husband ordered Tandoori Chicken thigh and he threw it away! LOL! It was like a can of meatless , tastless, chili over rice. If it was supposed to have chicken in it someone must have ate it before he got it! LOL! It was bad! He ordered a Hamburger and fries afterwards that he wouldn't share! LOL! But hamburgers were good and their breakfast was about like all the other places at Disney. Good but... not like I hop or Cracker Barrel! LOL!

We spent 11 nights and 12 days at AOA and had a great time! Other than one meal being thrown away we don't really have anything to complain about! LOL!
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:13 PM   #585
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizaisabel View Post
I am booked for a Cars suite for December. I like to sleep on a quiet place. Any recommendation for room request at Cars area? The more quiet rooms? I read that 4 floor are the most quiet ones. Please give me some advice. Thanks!!
We were at AOA over July 4, 2013. We were in the cars suites building 1 (mater building), on first floor, in a room on the end near 2nd and parking. Our room on 1st floor overlooked the cars pool. I was not bothered with noise but traffic did seem to be going out the other end of the hall towards Animation Hall and out the middle door. I remember wondering if the rooms on the other end heard everyone going in and out all the time.

We had family on 4th floor, in building 2 over looking cars pool and it was very quite and very pretty view. You wouldn't have as much traffic of people going and coming.
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: