Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #406
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocFourFour View Post
Hey guys, first post here so be gentle!

We're very excited about our first trip to WDW. We leave a week tomorrow. We are booked in the Finding Nemo Suite and want to find out as much info as possible before we arrive. I've read several pages of this thread which already answered a few questions so thank you all!

Anyway - can anyone tell me if there are plates / cups / cutlery etc provided in the rooms? We don't know if we should bring any or not.

Keep up the good work everyone!
They also provide paper towels in the suites. I didn't know this ahead of time and I crammed a bunch of napkins in my suitcase at the last minute before leaving home, but I didn't need them.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #407
DocFourFour
Earning My Ears

regular store around Disney

Hi, I have another quick question.

We've been trying to find the closest store to AOA for regular stuff like milk, bread, cereal etc. Everyday stuff. It looks to us like we may need to hire a car to get to the nearest one but we'd rather not.

Is there anything within walking distance of AOA or within one of the resorts/downtown disney?

Thanks
DocFourFour is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #408
DocFourFour
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2four View Post
They also provide paper towels in the suites. I didn't know this ahead of time and I crammed a bunch of napkins in my suitcase at the last minute before leaving home, but I didn't need them.
Right! I never thought of that. Thanks. And I assume there are plenty of regular towels / shampoo / shower gel etc?
Old 08-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #409
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We've been trying to find the closest store to AOA for regular stuff like milk, bread, cereal etc. Everyday stuff. It looks to us like we may need to hire a car to get to the nearest one but we'd rather not.

Is there anything within walking distance of AOA or within one of the resorts/downtown disney?

Thanks
There is nothing within walking distance of AoA other than the neighboring resort Pop Century.

The only thing resembling a store that you can walk to are the Hess gas stations, one of which is within walking distance of the BoardWalk and one that is within walking distance of Downtown Disney.

As it sounds like you're realized, really if you want to visit a supermarket or grocery store then you need to have a car. Then it's a short drive.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #410
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Right! I never thought of that. Thanks. And I assume there are plenty of regular towels / shampoo / shower gel etc?
We had plenty of towels, but keep in mind that they don't provide pool towels at AOA, so you have to use your room towels for that. We brought beach towels from home, so it wasn't an issue.

As for toiletries, if I remember correctly, we only had shampoo and bar soap provided in the suite, no shower gel or lotion. Housekeeping was very good at restocking for us everyday.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #411
DocFourFour
Earning My Ears

That's very helpful. Thanks for all the info.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #412
hidmickey:myantidrug
DIS Veteran

Can anyone speak to the drink machine situation? Are they up and going with the RFID yet? I know many places have them installed but not everywhere has them functioning yet.
hidmickey:myantidrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:42 PM   #413
PinkiexLi
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by eangel12 View Post
For those that have rooms at AOA for August 2013 what room discounts did you get for the third week of August. I'm doing research for August 2014 and was curious!
When they had the summer discounts I called Disney to try to see if I could get a discount on my LM room. The cast member told me that the LM almost never have any discounts
PinkiexLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #414
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidmickey:myantidrug View Post
Can anyone speak to the drink machine situation? Are they up and going with the RFID yet? I know many places have them installed but not everywhere has them functioning yet.
They are installed but not up and running at AoA. As of 6:00 am today.
estherhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #415
threebeesatdisney
Mouseketeer

So are they selling the new mugs yet or still the ole blue, black and pink ones at AoA?
MY GOAL IS TO STAY AT ALL THE DISNEY WORLD FLORIDA RESORTS! Only 1 left to go:Saratoga Springs! 2000 Mar/Apr- All-Star Movies $225.50/night w/PH & wp tickets inc; 2001 May- All-Star Music $66.00/nt ;2002 May- Coronado Springs $174.13/nt w/ PH & WP tickets inc; 2003 June- Animal Kingdom Lodge $239.78/nt/savannah view; 2004 July- Caribbean Beach; 2005 July- Port Orleans Riverside $140.50; 2005 July -Yacht Club $277.50 - FREE UPGRADE TO A JUNIOR SUITE -; 2006 Mar/Apr- Pop Century; 2007 June- Port Orleans Riverside $167.35/nt; 2007 Dec- Pop Century; 2008 Feb- Hilton Head Island, SC; 2008 July- Fort Wilderness Cabins $178.88/nt; 2008 July- Animal Kingdom Lodge $215.16/nt; 2008 Oct- Boardwalk Inn - $259/nt w/o tax; 2009 Jan-Port Orleans Riverside - $100.13/nt; 2009 June - Polynesian $236.55/nt w/tax; 2009 Sept - Beach Club $263.81/nt w/tax; 2009 Dec- Pop Century; 2010 Jan - Caribbean Beach; 2010 July DAKL; 2010 Oct Coronado Springs; 2011 March Pop Century/ Disney Magic Cruise/April French Quarter; 2011 July Pop Century/Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas KIDANI VILLAGE; 2011 Nov- Old Key West/Boardwalk Villas; 2012 Feb- Grand Floridian/ KIDANI VILLAGE; 2012 May/June VERO BEACH/All-Star Sports/ BAY LAKE TOWER; 2013 Aug-Art of Animation; Nov - All Star Music; 2014 Feb POP; April Wilderness Lodge; Aug POP; Oct -JAMBO House DAKL;
threebeesatdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #416
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple

Quote:
Originally Posted by eangel12 View Post
We are looking at suites!! We are bringing my mother in law so need extra space!! We don't have a preference between Nemo, Cars or Lion King but would like a discount!! thanks!!
You're welcome! If you want to check out historical discounts try this site:
http://www.mousesavers.com/historica...ts/#codetrends

Quote:
Originally Posted by estherhead View Post
Just posted the recreation schedule for August. We are just here for one night. But thought you guys that are getting ready to leave might enjoy it.
http://www.enchantingbeginnings.com/...tion-schedule/
Thank you for posting this!!!
Old 08-08-2013, 11:51 PM   #417
hidmickey:myantidrug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by estherhead View Post

They are installed but not up and running at AoA. As of 6:00 am today.
Thanks! Hope you're enjoying your vacation!
hidmickey:myantidrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:41 AM   #418
mkarizona
DIS Veteran

We got a discount on an LM room through Travelocity.
mkarizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:50 AM   #419
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidmickey:myantidrug View Post

Thanks! Hope you're enjoying your vacation!
No problem. Yesterday was our first day and as always we got too excited and pushed too hard. So today we all agreed to come back down to earth and relax! I have been surprised that the parks don't feel really crowded. We did MK EMH yesterday and as we left at 11:00 I expected it to be crazy. But it was only a little crazy, not crazy crazy.

And FP+ has no impact. I did see one family use it in front me at Test Track last night. And I saw a poor guy at Guest Services whose band wouldn't work. But it was just run of the mill theme park stuff, nothing exciting.
estherhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:10 AM   #420
yellowfish78
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks
Besides renting a car, you could see about a town car from the airport to your hotel that offers a free stop at a grocery store. Another option is heading over to a DVC resort to pick up these items. Or contact We Go Shop or Garden Grocer for a food delivery.
yellowfish78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: