Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #271
baloosballs
Earning My Ears

I'm staying at the AoA on August 13 when there is a vinylmation trade event at the ESPN Wide World of Sports. What would be the easiest way to get there? I'm guessing a taxi.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #272
photo_chick
Knows a little about a lot of things, a lot about nothing.

Just booked AoA for next July! Told the family we're getting a LM room. What they don't know is I actually booked a Cars suite.

photo_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #273
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloosballs View Post
I'm staying at the AoA on August 13 when there is a vinylmation trade event at the ESPN Wide World of Sports. What would be the easiest way to get there? I'm guessing a taxi.
Believe it or not there is a Disney Transport bus route from resorts to ESPN.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #274
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo_chick View Post
Just booked AoA for next July! Told the family we're getting a LM room. What they don't know is I actually booked a Cars suite.
Jealous! Cars section is my favorite at AoA. It's a mini Cars Land.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #275
photo_chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Jealous! Cars section is my favorite at AoA. It's a mini Cars Land.
I'm so excited! Now I have to keep the room choice secret until we get there. I stink at keeping secrets when I'm excited. LOL

Old 07-19-2013, 08:40 PM   #276
DisneyMomChristine
Mouseketeer

Daily Activities?

We are staying at AoA in May 2014. I know people have mentioned a drawing class that is offered at the resort, but are there any other activities? I really don't plan on spending much time at the resort other than pool time, but it's always good to know everything that the resort offers!

And, speaking of that drawing class, is it for kids? Mine will be 4 and 5 when we travel...

Thanks!
DisneyMomChristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #277
chrystalc77
Mouseketeer

We are booked for a Cars suite for November 2014.....super excited!!! Can someone correspond the numbers with the names of the buildings??? I've read several people say that they love the mater or the wagon wheel but the map only shows numbers.
chrystalc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #278
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrystalc77 View Post
We are booked for a Cars suite for November 2014.....super excited!!! Can someone correspond the numbers with the names of the buildings??? I've read several people say that they love the mater or the wagon wheel but the map only shows numbers.
Mater is Building 1, right by Animation Hall and Wheel Well/Lightning is Building 2 on the back side of the pool.

Looking toward Cars area from Big Blue pool.

From Cars buildings looking back toward Big Blue pool area.

You can see pool cones on right here.

Hope that helps you visualize the area and walking distance.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 07-20-2013 at 06:42 PM.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #279
chrystalc77
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the pictures....that does help. We requested Building one upper level with a pool view so I think we will be good to go. Closer than the LM rooms which was where I wanted to stay since it was $1200 cheaper. But we have 2 boys, and they were not keen on the LM. Even DH said that hike just to fill up our mugs would get old since we'll be there a week. I hope we made the right choice!!!
chrystalc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #280
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks so much for the pictures....that does help. We requested Building one upper level with a pool view so I think we will be good to go. Closer than the LM rooms which was where I wanted to stay since it was $1200 cheaper. But we have 2 boys, and they were not keen on the LM. Even DH said that hike just to fill up our mugs would get old since we'll be there a week. I hope we made the right choice!!!
The Cars section is a great choice. It's what I would choose if I were reserving an AoA suite. Building 1 is also a good choice as it and building 3 are just a little closer to Animation Hall than building 2.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #281
ilovejsparrow
Working on my degree so I can support my WDW obsession!

Checking in to an LK suite in 27 days Cannot wait!
WDW Commando Member #165

ilovejsparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #282
sylviarj
Earning My Ears

Checking out this thread has me so PUMPED! We'll be in a Cars suite in September. Can't wait! It's our first time to stay on property and only our second trip ever...so we are very excited.

2013: Art of Animation
2011: Off Property
1998: Off Property
1979: Off Property
sylviarj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #283
photo_chick

Quote:
When you consider the higher price also consider what you're getting over the LM room besides location. Indoor access with nice carpeted hallways to help muffle little feet running, twice the room space and a door you can shut if you need to have some privacy. I gotta tell you, ten days in a tiny POP room with my kids was an interesting experience. I love my minions but sometimes it's nice to have some quiet grown up time after they are asleep.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #284
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm sure you will be very happy with your decision to book a Cars Suite rather than a LM room. Once you walk in that door, you'll never regret spending the extra money for the suite. Not to mention, if/when discounts come out, you'll probably save some money...and the LM haven't been included in most of the room discounts since they opened, so that $1200 may get reduced. :-) The private bedroom and 2 bathrooms are worth every penny when you're traveling with kids. And the larger fridge and microwave are a nice bonus as well.
bluezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #285
Sunlover317
Earning My Ears

Quote:
You will love it!!! It's so cool to walk by the cars every day and the suites are super nice.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: