Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #256
RoseRoni2
DIS Veteran

I was considering staying at the POP again

But for @ $100 more for the week and my DD14 is obsessed with the LM it was a no brainer staying in the LM room. She and I can't wait!
Old 07-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #257
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

There is another thread on the resorts board about the fridges in many of the resorts being taken out and slowly replaced due to a fire hazard. I am hoping that we can get some people who are there now or will be in a few weeks to report to us if the LM rooms or suites still have the fridges. We will be there Aug. 7th and I am anxious to know what's going on.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #258
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADisneyQueen View Post
There is another thread on the resorts board about the fridges in many of the resorts being taken out and slowly replaced due to a fire hazard. I am hoping that we can get some people who are there now or will be in a few weeks to report to us if the LM rooms or suites still have the fridges. We will be there Aug. 7th and I am anxious to know what's going on.
The suites are excluded.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #259
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJessie View Post
The suites are excluded.
Thanks, I just now saw this on another thread. We have 3 LM rooms so I hope somebody can give me some info on these rooms.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #260
hglenn
Earning My Ears

Can someone please expound on decorating the doors? We are headed to AoA next month and its my kids first trip! What do you do for decorations?
hglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #261
PrincessPiperMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hglenn View Post
Can someone please expound on decorating the doors? We are headed to AoA next month and its my kids first trip! What do you do for decorations?
I would love this as well. We always have decorated our windows, but not sure how the door works.
6-2005 DisneyLand Offsite/6-2006 DisneyLand Offsite/10-2006 DisneyLand Offsite/12-2007 WDW Pop Century/05-2008 DisneyLand Offsite/06-2009 WDW Offsite/09-2009 WDW Pop Century/04-2010 WDW Pop Century/11-2011 WDW Pop Century/12-2012 WDW Pop Century/10-2013 WDW CSR/3-2014 WDW CSR
PrincessPiperMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #262
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hglenn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessPiperMommy View Post
I would love this as well. We always have decorated our windows, but not sure how the door works.
I can tell you that when we were at AoA a few weeks ago I didn't see any decorated doors in the buildings we went in. I walked through at least half of the halls in building 10 (Lion King) and all of the first floor halls of building 5 (Nemo) several times throughout the week and did not see any decorations. I know that the doors on the suites are not magnetic on the inside. I didn't specifically check the outside of the door, but I'm guessing that's not magnetic either.

I only went over to the Little Mermaid section one afternoon to swim in that pool but I didn't notice any decorated doors or windows there, either (but I wasn't specifically looking).

I did see several decorated windows when we walked over to Pop, though.
bluezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #263
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

You can only use magnets. no tape is allowed. no tape is allowed in the rooms or windows either though.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #264
julluvsdisney
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep"

I'm wondering about the sleeping situation at AoA? I know it
says sleeps 6 but where would 6 people sleep? I'm planning a trip with my husband 2 boys and my mother. I am wondering where my mother should sleep? My mother is in her early 50's so she's a young grandma but she still needs a comfy bed! Would it be better to put my mother in the murphy bed or the pull out bed and put my sons 10 and 5 in the opposite? or put the youngest with my mom in a bed? I just want everyone to fit and feel comfy!

Mouseketeers-ME, DH, DS, DS ,DMOM,DB , DSIL,DAunt
WDW TRIPS*1994 ASMu* 2007 Disneymoon POFQ* 2009 POP*2010 POP*2011 POP* 2012 POR* 2013 POR*2014 POR RR*2014 POR *
julluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #265
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julluvsdisney View Post
says sleeps 6 but where would 6 people sleep? I'm planning a trip with my husband 2 boys and my mother. I am wondering where my mother should sleep? My mother is in her early 50's so she's a young grandma but she still needs a comfy bed! Would it be better to put my mother in the murphy bed or the pull out bed and put my sons 10 and 5 in the opposite? or put the youngest with my mom in a bed? I just want everyone to fit and feel comfy!
Based on our recent experience, I'd probably have your mom use the table bed and put the boys on the sofa bed. The table bed a little higher off the floor and easier to get in and out of than the sofa bed (in my opinion). We had 6 people in the room. DH & I (in the bedroom); DS 24 on the table bed; DS 14 on the sofa bed; DD 13 on an air mattress; and DD 8 decided that rather than share a bed with her brother (which was the plan up until we got ready to go to bed the first night) she would take the cushions from the couch, put a sheet over them, and slept on those. Worked out great for everyone since they're all used to sleeping in the their own beds and are restless sleepers...and there was still plenty of floor space to walk around.
bluezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:53 AM   #266
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am 55 (for a few more days ) and I slept on this bed.

It was fine, and I didn't have any problem sleeping. I don't have a picture of it pulled out. Sorry.

It faces the TV, if that matters to you - like if your boys want to watch TV as they fall asleep, or if your mom does. It didn't affect us, because none of us watched it at bed time, but I know some people like to.

Here is the Murphy bed. It faces the bathroom and is right by the bedroom door.

Two of my granddaughters slept on it. They are 4 and 6. They thought it was super cool to sleep on a table bed!

It is right by the door, as soon as you walk in the room.

I think your mom would be fine in either bed. Hope the pictures help you visualize the room set-up, anyway. I have more, if you want to see them. Just let me know.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #267
SarahJN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
6 of us stayed in a suite back in December. It was me, my husband, our 3 girls and my mom. My mom, who is older than your mom but still a young grandma, slept in the bedroom with one of the girls. I slept on the pull out sofa bed with another kid while my husband and kid #3 slept on the murphy bed. The pull-out was lower to the ground but I didn't find it uncomfortable to sleep - until the night that kid #2 decided she had to sleep with MOMMY and so I shared the bed with 2 kids.

Read my trip reports!

SarahJN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #268
Zeebs
DIS Veteran

Apologises if this has already been asked, but do they have connecting rooms for the Little Mermaid rooms?

(Obviously connecting rooms are not guaranteed, subject to availability etc etc etc )

We are going for my daughters birthday and the only rooms that appear available are the cars suites and the Little Mermaid rooms, (plus two rooms is cheaper than the suite?????)

We will only being staying two nights and then we move into a 4 bed villa for the remainder of our trip.

Thanks in advance

Kirsten
Old 07-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #269
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebs View Post
Apologises if this has already been asked, but do they have connecting rooms for the Little Mermaid rooms?

(Obviously connecting rooms are not guaranteed, subject to availability etc etc etc )

We are going for my daughters birthday and the only rooms that appear available are the cars suites and the Little Mermaid rooms, (plus two rooms is cheaper than the suite?????)

We will only being staying two nights and then we move into a 4 bed villa for the remainder of our trip.

Thanks in advance

Kirsten
Yes, there are supposed to be connecting rooms in the LM section.

And yes, the suites are very expensive and so two LM rooms are still going to be cheaper in total.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #270
Zeebs
DIS Veteran

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Yes, there are supposed to be connecting rooms in the LM section.

And yes, the suites are very expensive and so two LM rooms are still going to be cheaper in total.
Thank you very much for your reply, now to sell it to hubby

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: