Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2014, 03:03 PM   #2236
cinderkelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugsly View Post
I think I have read almost every post in this thread. There's a lot of discussion about how great the LM rooms and LK and Cars suites are. We have a Nemo suite booked for next month. We have requested highest floor and lake view because we are hoping to avoid any noise from the Big Blue. So ... Please tell me (if) the Nemo suites are every bit as great as LK and Cars suites.
From what I've read ( and a research A LOT ) the majority of people are happy with Nemo suites, close to transport and registration/food. I've read a lot of reviews on Trip Advisor also that have been positive about Nemo. Funny but we also have a Nemo suite reserved for next month and I have requested the same location I'm sure you will love it! It's our first trip to WDW so I cannot say from first hand experience, but I betcha it will be great

Last edited by cinderkelly; 08-05-2014 at 03:17 PM.
cinderkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:07 PM   #2237
cinderkelly
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE="Pugsly;52010847"]I think I have read almost every post in this thread. There's a lot of discussion about how great the LM rooms and LK and Cars suites are. We have a Nemo suite booked for next month. We have requested highest floor and lake view because we are hoping to avoid any noise from the Big Blue. So ... Please tell me

Edited for duplicate post
cinderkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2014, 05:57 PM   #2238
natb213
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if they have vests at the pool? We have a 4 year old who still doesn't swim without one.
natb213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 06:11 PM   #2239
rcklein5269
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natb213 View Post
Does anyone know if they have vests at the pool? We have a 4 year old who still doesn't swim without one.
Yes they do
rcklein5269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:03 PM   #2240
michyi
Mouseketeer

I keep second guessing myself and my decisions. Please help me!!!

The first trip my family took to Disney was in Dec. 2011 and we stayed at Polynesian. My kids loved it and want to stay there again, but with construction there's no way!

We are going back in Dec. 2014 (5th-10th) and are booked at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio. I know it's a small room, but there seems to be lots to do and I like the idea of taking the boat to MK and Contemporary for the monorail. But now I'm wondering if I'd be better off in a resort like BWI or a suite at AoA? My kids liked the Nemo rooms, but they are no longer available with RO discounts. Please help. I'm like a lunatic. I keep changing my mind. My kids know we're going, but they don't know where we are staying. My DH just says do what you want. LOL

Polynesian: Dec. 2011
Beach Club: Dec. 2014
michyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:04 PM   #2241
Pugsly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderkelly View Post
From what I've read ( and a research A LOT ) the majority of people are happy with Nemo suites, close to transport and registration/food. I've read a lot of reviews on Trip Advisor also that have been positive about Nemo. Funny but we also have a Nemo suite reserved for next month and I have requested the same location I'm sure you will love it! It's our first trip to WDW so I cannot say from first hand experience, but I betcha it will be great
Thanks!

14 trips and counting ...
1978-offsite 1998-POFQ 2000-ASMo 2001-ASMo, CSR 2003-ASMo 2003-Hotel Santa Fe (DLP) 2004-ASMo, WL 2008-Pop 2009-Poly 2011-Hilton Grand Vacation Club 2012-Carribbean Beach 2012-Disney Magic Western Carribbean 2013-Grand Californian 2014-AoA
Pugsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:05 AM   #2242
natb213
Earning My Ears

We are finalizing our Garden Grocer order today for our trip next week
My question is can you fit a gallon size milk in the fridge in the cars suite?
thanks
natb213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:19 AM   #2243
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgattis View Post
And at the Cars pool, there is a huge locker room where you could clean up afterwards, if you like/need. Not sure if there at similar facilities at the Nemo or LM pools..?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
All (or certainly most, if that's not accurate) Disney resort pools have a restroom/changing building nearby. The Big Blue (Nemo) and Flippin' Fins (LM) pools have their own facilities.
Are there showers in these locker rooms??

Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:08 AM   #2244
TinaLala
Hold My Table at Ohana's I'm on My Way!

I can't wait to stay here next yr. Love the look of the room size, the detail everywhere! curious about how much fits in fridge. how much stuff fits in open closets.

Courage Confidence Character!
http://lalacraftworld.wordpress.com/ - my craft blog!

TinaLala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:38 PM   #2245
RollTide1017
Earning My Ears

Well, our reservation is booked! My wife, me, our 3 kids and the grandparents will be going (possibly my sister but she may have to back out). We'll be staying in 2 LM rooms for 5 nights. Can't wait!

My wife and I use to live in Orlando (we actually met while working at Spider-Man in IOA) and had Disney APs for years but, this will be the first time either of us has stayed at a Disney resort. We took my oldest daughter to Disney in April 2013 but, stayed with a friend. We are excited about arriving on Disney property and not leaving again the entire trip.

It came down to staying at POR, POP or AoA. POR looked nice but, we decided to save some money and ruled it out. POP's theme just didn't excite me much and the kids loved the videos we showed them of AoA so, it won.

Everything seems to have linked up just fine to my wife's and my MDE accounts. We are the only 2 with MDE accounts so far, the rest I created as family members that I manage. I haven't decided if I'm going to invite the grandparents to create there own accounts. They think they are good with tech but, they're not. I'd hate for them to accidentally delete or mess up a reservation or FP+ when we start making those selections.

One MDE question. Like I said, both room reservations linked up fine but, in the iOS app when I view one of the reservations it doesn't load the character icons for 2 of my kids. At first I thought it didn't link right but, all the character icons show up fine on the website so, it's just the app. Anyone seen this or know how to fix it? I think everything is linked right, the icons do show up when I look at their assigned tickets, just paranoid.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:44 PM   #2246
G719
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaLala View Post
I can't wait to stay here next yr. Love the look of the room size, the detail everywhere! curious about how much fits in fridge. how much stuff fits in open closets.
Are you staying in a suite? The fridges in the suite are bigger than the ones in the mermaid rooms. Here's what we put in ours: 1/2 gallon milk, 1/2 gallon orange juice, pound of ham, pack of cheese, pack of kid yogurt, bag of strawberries, several single beverages (cans of beer, bottles of water, juice boxes, etc.), pack of frozen breakfast sandwiches in freezer section. The freezer section didn't really keep the sandwiches frozen solid. Using creative packing you can fit a lot.

In the bedroom there is a lot of space by TV to put your bags or stroller. The open hanging racks have a large drawer on the bottom and you can put stuff on the top over the hangers too. If you live out of your bag, you can set it on the little bench area. We had 3 adults and 2 kids in our room and had plenty of room for all our stuff and space that we didn't feel on top of each other when relaxing in the room. Loves having 2 TVs and 2 bathrooms!
Old 08-06-2014, 04:14 PM   #2247
RollTide1017
Earning My Ears

Is there anyway that Disney would allow a group of 7 to stay in one of the Family Suites, either at AoA or ASMu? If my sister doesn't come, a family suite at ASMu would be a little cheaper then 2 LM rooms at AoA. Our party would then be 4 adults and 3 kids, ages 5, 5 and 7. Our travel agent says it is not possible but I swear I've read trip reports where people have gotten more then the stated "sleeps 6" limit.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:45 PM   #2248
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTide1017 View Post
Is there anyway that Disney would allow a group of 7 to stay in one of the Family Suites, either at AoA or ASMu? If my sister doesn't come, a family suite at ASMu would be a little cheaper then 2 LM rooms at AoA. Our party would then be 4 adults and 3 kids, ages 5, 5 and 7. Our travel agent says it is not possible but I swear I've read trip reports where people have gotten more then the stated "sleeps 6" limit.
The only way you can "get around" the fire code limit of 6 people in the suites is if you have a child under 3. That child wouldn't count towards the total. Otherwise, you are limited to 6.
bluezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:13 PM   #2249
TinaLala
Hold My Table at Ohana's I'm on My Way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G719 View Post
Are you staying in a suite? The fridges in the suite are bigger than the ones in the mermaid rooms. Here's what we put in ours: 1/2 gallon milk, 1/2 gallon orange juice, pound of ham, pack of cheese, pack of kid yogurt, bag of strawberries, several single beverages (cans of beer, bottles of water, juice boxes, etc.), pack of frozen breakfast sandwiches in freezer section. The freezer section didn't really keep the sandwiches frozen solid. Using creative packing you can fit a lot. In the bedroom there is a lot of space by TV to put your bags or stroller. The open hanging racks have a large drawer on the bottom and you can put stuff on the top over the hangers too. If you live out of your bag, you can set it on the little bench area. We had 3 adults and 2 kids in our room and had plenty of room for all our stuff and space that we didn't feel on top of each other when relaxing in the room. Loves having 2 TVs and 2 bathrooms!
We are staying in a suite. I'm not sure what theme we'll stay in, but the suites are a definite. There will be 14 of us so three rooms. do they have joining rooms? The suites look like they have huge amounts of space. I've been checking out the pools but haven't seen a lot of life guards there. Anyone know if there are life guards?

Courage Confidence Character!
http://lalacraftworld.wordpress.com/ - my craft blog!

TinaLala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:16 PM   #2250
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaLala View Post
We are staying in a suite. I'm not sure what theme we'll stay in, but the suites are a definite. There will be 14 of us so three rooms. do they have joining rooms? The suites look like they have huge amounts of space. I've been checking out the pools but haven't seen a lot of life guards there. Anyone know if there are life guards?
There are no connecting suites -- but you could note on your reservation that you would like to be located as close together as possible. But that's only a request and not a guarantee. And there are definitely lifeguards at the pools.
bluezy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: