Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2014, 09:49 AM   #2206
INPartyof5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by uccats97 View Post
The suites are all fairly close to both. I stayed in the farthest Cars building and it was still only a 5 minute walk.
Thanks so much. It was at least a 5 minute walk to things at the WL. Do you have any tips or reviews about the cars suite you could give me?
INPartyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:02 AM   #2207
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If by value you mean Little Mermaid rooms, they are the farthest rooms away. You could request a room near by the Flippin' Fins pool but none of the rooms are close to buses, food or the Big Blue pool.
I meant both types because I'll be staying in a LM room for 2 nights, then LK suite for the last night.

Anybody could tell me what options are available at online check-in?

October 2011 - Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter (Honeymoon) / May 2012 - Disney's Polynesian Resort / December 2012 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge / October 2013 - Disney's Coronado Springs / April 2014 - Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on Int Dr, Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Wyndham Lake Buena Vista (Downtown Disney Hotel) / Upcoming November 2014 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside, Yacht Club Animal Kingdom Lodge, Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach.
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2014, 11:00 AM   #2208
DPickering
Mouseketeer

Ok we have booked three Little Mermaid rooms via a third party booking site. I have a separate Disney res # for each room. I've linked our room to my profile in MDE. I'd like to get these three rooms side by side, two connected would be nice. To optimize the chances of this happening should I put all of them into my MDE profile versus having occupants of the other two rooms add the rooms to their own individual MDE profiles? Does it make a difference?

I guess basically whats the best way to make this happen? Ty for any replies!
DPickering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:04 AM   #2209
mediadiva
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezy View Post
The funny thing is, I play handbells so I do usually have a pair of white gloves in the car.

Yes, we always leave Mousekeeping envelopes. I appreciate the job that they do. It may not always be perfect, but as long as *I* don't have to do the work, I'm happy. :-) And I made sure to walk down to the front desk one day during our stay at AoA to let the on-duty front desk manager know how happy I was with Mousekeeping and their honesty. I realized while we were sitting in the Finding Nemo show that day that I had forgotten to close up the safe that morning. My Dooney & Bourke purse, wallet (with about $200 in cash, ATM card, and 2 credit cards inside), all of our mousekeeping envelopes filled with cash (and not sealed), a laptop, and 2 watches were right out in the open for anyone to take. Nothing was missing and nothing had even been touched (it took all of my Tetris playing experience to cram everything in that safe and be able to close the door so it would have been obvious if someone had gone through the stuff ). I fully expected to get back to that room and have *something* (if not everything) missing from the safe.
I accidentally left my engagement ring at POP CENTURY on top of the sink it was like an elevated spot. I left that morning and realized halfway on the bus to the airport and luckily it was way before anyone would be there but I had to call and ask "can you see if its there" which I knew it was (I don't sleep with it on). Regardless, they had to radio someone else to go look and that person was wonderful and honest and they shipping my ring back. I will be tipping this year!
Old 07-27-2014, 12:05 PM   #2210
uccats97
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevelandry View Post
I meant both types because I'll be staying in a LM room for 2 nights, then LK suite for the last night. Anybody could tell me what options are available at online check-in?
Lion King rooms are in between the Big Blue Pool and Flippin' Fins pool. Both buildings of Lion King are close to Animation Hall. Not sure the exact options for online check-in though.
2001 DL/CA offsite, 2002 WDW offsite, 2003 WDW offsite, 2005 WDW offsite, 2007 WDW offsite, 2009 WDW offsite (Spring), 2009 WDW SSR (July), 2010 WDW ASMovies, 2011 WDW offsite (June), 2011 WDW, MVMCP Doubletree DTD (December), 2012 WDW offsite (June), 2012 DL/CA, minus the kids, offsite (December), 2013 WDW Princess Half Marathon weekend ASMusic (Feb), 2013 WDW AoA Cars Suite (June), 2014 WDW Pop Century Mother/Daughter trip (March/April), 2014 WDW Pop Century Birthday Surprise (July), 2014 WDW POR Tower of Terror 10 Miler (October)
uccats97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:11 PM   #2211
uccats97
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by INPartyof5 View Post
Thanks so much. It was at least a 5 minute walk to things at the WL. Do you have any tips or reviews about the cars suite you could give me?
I loved them!! Having a bedroom with a door that separates the sleeping areas and having 2 bathrooms is great! The theming is adorable, of course it is throughout the entire resort! We loved the Big Blue pool but also spent time in the Cozy Cone pool. You can use a cone cabana at Cozy Cone for free which is nice too. Here is my trip advisor review:
"What a magical property!
Everything about this resort is just beautiful! We loved the themeing of all areas of the resort. You are truly immersed in Disney magic. Our family of 6 stayed in a Cars Family Suite. The attention to detail in the rooms is adorable. We loved all of the little touches that truly make the Disney difference worth it. We had plenty of room. We found the beds to be very comfortable and having two bathrooms was great. The mini kitchen area was great for breakfast and snacks. We swam in the Big Blue Pool which is the feature pool. It was wonderful! The cast members did a great job running the poolside activities with the kids. We spent more time in this pool than we ever have on any of our Disney vacations. We also swam in the Cars pool. It was less crowed and quite peaceful. Both of these pools are recommended. The Landscape of Flavors is the quick service dining available onsite. The variety of foods is much better than any other resort on property. Highly recommended to do lunch here when you are taking an afternoon break and swimming. I know a lot of people have complained about the walk from each building to the bus stop. I'm really not sure why this is such big deal to people. The walk would most likely be the same if you drove your own car, had to find a parking space and then walk to your room. The parking lot was always full so it's not likely you would find a spot near your building anyway. Also, if you think about the walk from any theme park bus stop to the actual gate, you have a pretty decent walk. Same goes for the walk from the resort bus stop to the room. It's Disney. Walking far distances is par for the course! On the plus side, the themeing in each section is just beautiful to look at on the walk to the bus stop. Slow down and enjoy the scenery! As usual at Disney, the cast members were wonderful. The resort was immaculate. The customer service was outstanding. These are the things that bring us back every six months or so. Overall we loved Art of Animation! I highly recommend this resort. We can't get back soon enough!
2001 DL/CA offsite, 2002 WDW offsite, 2003 WDW offsite, 2005 WDW offsite, 2007 WDW offsite, 2009 WDW offsite (Spring), 2009 WDW SSR (July), 2010 WDW ASMovies, 2011 WDW offsite (June), 2011 WDW, MVMCP Doubletree DTD (December), 2012 WDW offsite (June), 2012 DL/CA, minus the kids, offsite (December), 2013 WDW Princess Half Marathon weekend ASMusic (Feb), 2013 WDW AoA Cars Suite (June), 2014 WDW Pop Century Mother/Daughter trip (March/April), 2014 WDW Pop Century Birthday Surprise (July), 2014 WDW POR Tower of Terror 10 Miler (October)
Old 07-27-2014, 01:00 PM   #2212
BAMLuvMickey
Mouseketeer

Please tell me

that when I got my room discount the decision to switch from Nemo Suite to a CARS suite wasn't a bad choice.
They didn't have it available for Nemo(where we booked originally). The positive side we saved a whopping $200...
My kids are disappointed but it was either that or cancel our trip(still are not sure if we can make it).
Any pros/cons to the CARS suites? I figure it will probably be a bit quieter and we can still use the Nemo pool(a big sell for the kids,lol)...but is there anything else? TIA!

BAMLuvMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 02:12 PM   #2213
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMLuvMickey View Post
that when I got my room discount the decision to switch from Nemo Suite to a CARS suite wasn't a bad choice.
They didn't have it available for Nemo(where we booked originally). The positive side we saved a whopping $200...
My kids are disappointed but it was either that or cancel our trip(still are not sure if we can make it).
Any pros/cons to the CARS suites? I figure it will probably be a bit quieter and we can still use the Nemo pool(a big sell for the kids,lol)...but is there anything else? TIA!
The Cars section has by far the best courtyard area in AOA! It's a lot of fun to walk through when it's all lit up at night.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:25 PM   #2214
uccats97
Mouseketeer

Quote:
that when I got my room discount the decision to switch from Nemo Suite to a CARS suite wasn't a bad choice. They didn't have it available for Nemo(where we booked originally). The positive side we saved a whopping $200... My kids are disappointed but it was either that or cancel our trip(still are not sure if we can make it). Any pros/cons to the CARS suites? I figure it will probably be a bit quieter and we can still use the Nemo pool(a big sell for the kids,lol)...but is there anything else? TIA!
Read the post right before the one where you asked this question.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:06 PM   #2215
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We were in the same boat last year. Booked Nemo; when discounts came out there were no rooms available at that rate in Nemo; switched to Cars. My reason for wanting Nemo was for the close proximity to the food court and buses. When the kids found out I had to switch to Cars, they were upset but understood why we had to switch. They were more upset that I chose Cars over Lion King....I just thought they'd like the Cars theming better that LK....plus, LK doesn't have a pool. Long story short, we eventually ended up in Lion King suite which was perfect for us and our needs....we were literally steps away from the Big Blue pool, food court and buses. However, I think we would have been just as happy in a Cars suite. As others have said, the outdoor theming there is (IMO) the best of all the sections -- especially at night. Even though it would have been a longer walk than our LK suite was, I wouldn't have minded walking into that beautiful scenery every night when returning from the parks.

You can always ask at check-in if there are any Nemo suites available. Chances are slim, but it could happen. I think you'll be happy wherever you end up. All of the suites are a relatively short walk to the main building and bus stops, but if distance is a concern (the farthest room in the Cars section is about 400 yards from the food court end of the main building as opposed to 250 for the farthest Nemo room and 230 for the farthest Lion King room), just be sure to request a suite that is "close to main building and bus stops".
bluezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #2216
myminnieme
Earning My Ears

Question! My mom is considering joining us on vacation. We already have 4 adults in the room (suite)... Does AofA have an extra cot or something we would be able to request for an additional adult to sleep on?
myminnieme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 04:36 PM   #2217
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by myminnieme View Post
Question! My mom is considering joining us on vacation. We already have 4 adults in the room (suite)... Does AofA have an extra cot or something we would be able to request for an additional adult to sleep on?
I don't believe they provide cots. The suite allows for up to six people, so you will be fine if the people in the room are willing to share sleeping space (one queen bed, two double beds). Otherwise I would consider bringing an air mattress.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:06 PM   #2218
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by myminnieme View Post
I don't remember anyone mentioning that they've gotten a cot specifically at AoA but I've seen several people say they got a cot at Pop Century and other resorts....so I would believe they have them at AoA as well. I know there is a charge for them ($15/night, I think) and they are on a first-come, first-served basis. People have mentioned noting the request on their reservations.

That being said, we used an air mattress at AoA on our trip last year with no problem. It was easy to get out of the way during the day by standing it up between the couch and the kitchenette. We brought our own sheets and blanket for it but you can also get those from Mousekeeping.
bluezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:50 PM   #2219
INPartyof5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I loved them!! Having a bedroom with a door that separates the sleeping areas and having 2 bathrooms is great! The theming is adorable, of course it is throughout the entire resort! We loved the Big Blue pool but also spent time in the Cozy Cone pool. You can use a cone cabana at Cozy Cone for free which is nice too. Here is my trip advisor review: "What a magical property! Everything about this resort is just beautiful! We loved the themeing of all areas of the resort. You are truly immersed in Disney magic. Our family of 6 stayed in a Cars Family Suite. The attention to detail in the rooms is adorable. We loved all of the little touches that truly make the Disney difference worth it. We had plenty of room. We found the beds to be very comfortable and having two bathrooms was great. The mini kitchen area was great for breakfast and snacks. We swam in the Big Blue Pool which is the feature pool. It was wonderful! The cast members did a great job running the poolside activities with the kids. We spent more time in this pool than we ever have on any of our Disney vacations. We also swam in the Cars pool. It was less crowed and quite peaceful. Both of these pools are recommended. The Landscape of Flavors is the quick service dining available onsite. The variety of foods is much better than any other resort on property. Highly recommended to do lunch here when you are taking an afternoon break and swimming. I know a lot of people have complained about the walk from each building to the bus stop. I'm really not sure why this is such big deal to people. The walk would most likely be the same if you drove your own car, had to find a parking space and then walk to your room. The parking lot was always full so it's not likely you would find a spot near your building anyway. Also, if you think about the walk from any theme park bus stop to the actual gate, you have a pretty decent walk. Same goes for the walk from the resort bus stop to the room. It's Disney. Walking far distances is par for the course! On the plus side, the themeing in each section is just beautiful to look at on the walk to the bus stop. Slow down and enjoy the scenery! As usual at Disney, the cast members were wonderful. The resort was immaculate. The customer service was outstanding. These are the things that bring us back every six months or so. Overall we loved Art of Animation! I highly recommend this resort. We can't get back soon enough!
Thanks for posting your review, between reading that and the rest of the posts in this thread I am feeling way more comfortable and excited about our choice. I know seeing my ds face when he sees where we are staying and what we are doing for his 9th birthday will be priceless!
INPartyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:32 PM   #2220
jeanylaser
Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista biggest fan

I can't wait to stay in the AOA in Nov 2014! and do you know any drinking bars in the Art of Animation and where is it and the name of the bar?

jeanylaser is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: