Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #196
Dis*Mom
Mouseketeer

We stayed in the cars suites last week - we loved bulding 1 - we were on floor 4 and we faced pool side. We all loved watching people out the window admiring the cars section. It was a great location and very close to busses and the foot court. Someone asked about the beds, and we have 3 teenagers - the 2 girls used the pull out bed and loved it and my teenage son used the murphy bed - they all said their beds were very comfortable.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:21 PM   #197
Snooks23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Actually? The buses start running by 6:30 every morning!! Not sure why there is other info out there. But, the buses were up and running that early last week...and have been for years now.
!!!
I was about to freak out. We are doing BBB & CRT at 8am & park opens at 9. So I was worried lol.
Snooks23 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #198
mclemore102
Earning My Ears

We have Sept.7-13 booked in the Nemo suite. But I was pricing other resorts today and noticed that there is now no availability at AOA I hope this doesn't mean it will be really crowded at the resort. Anybody been when the resort was sold out? Would I be better off booking another not as crowded resort?
mclemore102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #199
bluezy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclemore102 View Post
We have Sept.7-13 booked in the Nemo suite. But I was pricing other resorts today and noticed that there is now no availability at AOA I hope this doesn't mean it will be really crowded at the resort. Anybody been when the resort was sold out? Would I be better off booking another not as crowded resort?
Might have been a glitch in the system. I just checked and there's availability in all suites at AoA for those dates (no Little Mermaid rooms, though).
bluezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #200
Raecheal
DIS Veteran

Fireworks view from which location at AOA?
Old 06-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #201
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raecheal View Post
Fireworks view from which location at AOA?
I would t exactly call it a fireworks view, but you can see the top of some of the fireworks from the buildings that face hourglass lake. You can also see them from the bridge between AoA and Pop. Kind of...
MeeskaMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #202
Raecheal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeskaMomma View Post
I would t exactly call it a fireworks view, but you can see the top of some of the fireworks from the buildings that face hourglass lake. You can also see them from the bridge between AoA and Pop. Kind of...
Thank you!!
Old 06-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #203
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

From what I'm gathering, each area is a bookable category? So you can book specifically a Lion King or Nemo or Cars suite, not just a request?

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:28 PM   #204
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
From what I'm gathering, each area is a bookable category? So you can book specifically a Lion King or Nemo or Cars suite, not just a request?
Yes.
MeeskaMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #205
Rowanonfire
Mouseketeer

What LM building is nearest to Animation Hall and the bustops?
Rowanonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #206
Marlynmik
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowanonfire View Post
Not sure but I put it as a request on my reservation.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:47 PM   #207
MinnieTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowanonfire View Post
I think 7 is "closest"...the King Triton building. (You can check the map on the first page here) We were on the fourth floor of this building. It was slightly closer than the other buildings.

MinnieTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:57 PM   #208
kirby428
Mousejunkie Wannabe

Save when you can...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Babeck View Post
Our fam of 4 (DH, DS 9, DD 11 + myself) are currently booked for a Nemo suite, 9 nights, early August, 1st trip ever. With that many nights, we are strongly considering a split stay w/ Poly. Original plan was to do Poly 1st, then move to AoA. Everyone has advised me to switch & do our Nemo suite 1st, then on to Poly, so now I'm thinking that if we go for the split we'll do it that way, but, now I'm wondering if we should just stay put with our suite and enjoy it for what it is (as we currently have no basis for comparison, so won't miss the amenities at Poly since we've never experienced them). The only thing is that we would actually save a few hundred dollars by splitting with the Poly! So, my questions now are:

(1) Would you advise a split in this situation?
(2) If we do the split, should we definitely do AoA 1st, then Poly?

Thanks so much for your help. I don't think I've ever been so indecisive about anything in my life!
If you can save money DO IT. We use up to 3 splits to enjoy a monorail resort for MK-EPCOT days then switch to moderates for other park days ending with a 2 day stay just to try out the feel of a value resort. Select the order of resorts according to your plans for which parks to visit. HINT all the resorts are great so don't fret too much over which ones to visit first. Never felt a let down going from delux to moderate to value.

kirby428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #209
Marlynmik
Mouseketeer

Is it reasonable to walk anywhere from AoA resort? More specifically, I'm looking at HS and TL, which appear to be close enough, but I'm wondering if the map misrepresents the actual distance? I've walked from CR to MK in 10 minutes (but there is a walkway).
Old 06-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #210
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlynmik View Post
Is it reasonable to walk anywhere from AoA resort? More specifically, I'm looking at HS and TL, which appear to be close enough, but I'm wondering if the map misrepresents the actual distance? I've walked from CR to MK in 10 minutes (but there is a walkway).
According to google maps, it would take you 37 minutes to walk to HS and 58 minutes to TL, but there may not be sidewalks on all the routes. There are unfortunately no direct "through the bush" walkways or it would be shorter.
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: