Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2014, 09:19 PM   #2071
supergoofy
Mouseketeer

Party of 6 with 2 16 year old and 2 10 years old and between space and price we decided to stay offsite.

Well long story short I finally decided to book a suite for our last night

It was a bit more with the summer special pricing but we will now have magic bands and kids will get to stay onsite.

My biggest question is about the waffles. I have a Little Mermaid nut on my hands and I saw you could get Ariel waffles I am wondering if they are still available.

So happy to have atleast a day onsite
supergoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:11 AM   #2072
mom2prince&princess
Mouseketeer

Question about the suites:

Do both bathrooms have showers or does one have a shower and the other have just a tub? Thanks!

April 2013
Pop April 2011
Pop August 2009
Pop April 2008
CBR April 2005
CBR April 2004
CBR July 2002 Honeymoon
3X as a child
mom2prince&princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2014, 06:43 AM   #2073
Jacindyyy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2prince&princess View Post
Question about the suites:

Do both bathrooms have showers or does one have a shower and the other have just a tub? Thanks!
Both have showers from memory. If someone wants to just affirm this though.
I am 99% sure though.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:54 AM   #2074
hsmamainva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacindyyy View Post
Both have showers from memory. If someone wants to just affirm this though. I am 99% sure though.
Walk in shower in the bedroom and a tub / shower combination in the bathroom in the main area

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!

2/11 - 3/12 - 5/13 - 5/14 - 8/14 - Planning: 1/15 - 5/15 - 8/15 - 12/15

hsmamainva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:54 PM   #2075
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Here are some bathroom pictures for you.

In the bedroom -

In the living area -

Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:56 PM   #2076
Disfan1968
Mouseketeer

How have others done with early room availability at this resort? If we get to the resort at 8:30 am and tell them we will take anything available (Lion King section), what are our odds of getting something by 1:00 pm?
2014 Art of Animation.
Next Trip: Port Orleans Riverside- Summer 2015
Disfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:51 PM   #2077
katiefried
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfan1968 View Post
How have others done with early room availability at this resort? If we get to the resort at 8:30 am and tell them we will take anything available (Lion King section), what are our odds of getting something by 1:00 pm?
In May we arrived before noon and our room was ready, in the section we had reserved (Cars), and all the requests we chose online were met (top floor, lake view). It was early May though so not really a peak time, but if you are asking for anything available then maybe you will have some luck?
katiefried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:10 PM   #2078
Disfan1968
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiefried View Post
In May we arrived before noon and our room was ready, in the section we had reserved (Cars), and all the requests we chose online were met (top floor, lake view). It was early May though so not really a peak time, but if you are asking for anything available then maybe you will have some luck?
That's encouraging at least. I am hoping to get into my room around one to get my little ones a nap before heading to Hollywood Studios, departing around three.
2014 Art of Animation.
Next Trip: Port Orleans Riverside- Summer 2015
Disfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #2079
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfan1968 View Post
We checked in around noon last June and we had booked a room in Cars (originally booked Nemo but when discounts came out there were none available in Nemo) but the kids wanted me to switch to Lion King. So when we checked in I first asked if there was anything available in Nemo (there wasn't) and then I asked about Lion King. There were rooms available and ready in Lion King so we went straight to the room. Our originally assigned room in Cars wasn't ready (I just had to ask where it was to see what location we gave up. We had a *much* better location in LK than we would have in Cars). So I'd say there's always a chance -- especially if you don't have any other requests other than LK.
bluezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:38 PM   #2080
TandLMommy28
DIS Veteran

Crowded?

So we were going to be going just the five of us (2 adults, 2 kids, 1 baby). But then... well, the baby is not an easy baby. He is just a year old now and still doesn't sleep through the night and he's still pretty fussy. So... we decided to invite my mom and my aunt to come along with us. It's a good deal for them--we booked with free dining so adding them to the room means they literally are only paying for their park tickets. In exchange for that deal, they will be on baby duty. Which means going back early at night to put the baby to bed and things like that.

So now we will be 4 adults, 2 kids and 1 baby. The baby will sleep in the separate bedroom with the us, and one kid will share with each adult. The adults know that this is the arrangement and agreed to it because they are getting a practically free trip to Disney out of it.

How bad is it going to be? I don't know how often all of us will be in the room together other than to sleep and none of us are particularly used to having tons of space. Typically we have had two connecting rooms at POR or POFQ with them which is obviously more beds.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:21 AM   #2081
mfp
Mouseketeer

How noisy is AoA? We are a family of five and I had hoped that CBR would be able to accomodate our upcoming trip, but it is looking like they aren't officially booking five yet. I have been eying the CARS suite, b/c I have 3 boys and my youngest is a CARS nut. Is AoA worth the extra $ over taying at POR (the cheapest option for a family of five)? I'm just concerned that it will be very noisy, since it sounds like there is so much concerete which makes things echo more. I wasn't a big fan of POR, but at least it was quiet. Where is the laundry room located in the CARS area?
mfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:41 AM   #2082
LoveMy3DisneyKids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp View Post
How noisy is AoA? We are a family of five and I had hoped that CBR would be able to accomodate our upcoming trip, but it is looking like they aren't officially booking five yet. I have been eying the CARS suite, b/c I have 3 boys and my youngest is a CARS nut. Is AoA worth the extra $ over taying at POR (the cheapest option for a family of five)? I'm just concerned that it will be very noisy, since it sounds like there is so much concerete which makes things echo more. I wasn't a big fan of POR, but at least it was quiet. Where is the laundry room located in the CARS area?
Extra post. Sorry.

Last edited by LoveMy3DisneyKids; 07-13-2014 at 07:55 AM.
LoveMy3DisneyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:52 AM   #2083
LoveMy3DisneyKids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp View Post
it isn't anymore noisy than any other place with kids running around. We stayed at the Cars location. The only noise that really annoyed me was when people would come back to the resort at 2am and let their kids race down the hall yelling. These are indoor halls. So it's much louder. The parents were no better because they never tried to tell them to stop. They were having their own LOUD conversations. Once they got to their room they would slam the door. This happened a few times while we were there. Some people have no consideration. We are also a family of 5 and staying there again. The extra room to move around, is very nice. The laundry room is located by the cozy cone pool. It was very convenient to do the laundry while the kids had pool time. Hope this helps.
LoveMy3DisneyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:54 AM   #2084
kastoney
Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMy3DisneyKids View Post
AOA is no more noisy than any other resort with a lot of kids running around. The only "extra" noise that I noticed. Was when people would come back from the parks at like 2am. Racing down the halls, yelling and the parents ye
Agree. We had a room on the first floor by the elevator and from a noise factor it was certainly less than ideal. I'd ask for a high floor to help minimize foot traffic noise.
kastoney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:58 AM   #2085
kastoney
Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandLMommy28 View Post
Crowded? So we were going to be going just the five of us (2 adults, 2 kids, 1 baby). But then... well, the baby is not an easy baby. He is just a year old now and still doesn't sleep through the night and he's still pretty fussy. So... we decided to invite my mom and my aunt to come along with us. It's a good deal for them--we booked with free dining so adding them to the room means they literally are only paying for their park tickets. In exchange for that deal, they will be on baby duty. Which means going back early at night to put the baby to bed and things like that. So now we will be 4 adults, 2 kids and 1 baby. The baby will sleep in the separate bedroom with the us, and one kid will share with each adult. The adults know that this is the arrangement and agreed to it because they are getting a practically free trip to Disney out of it. How bad is it going to be? I don't know how often all of us will be in the room together other than to sleep and none of us are particularly used to having tons of space. Typically we have had two connecting rooms at POR or POFQ with them which is obviously more beds.
Obviously this is different for everyone, but I think you will be too crowded especially with a fussy baby in tow. My parents and brother shared a suite last trip and found the room to be adequate size wise for 3 adults. Adding another adult to the mix and 3 kids sounds like a recipe for lots of arguments to me. If it were me I'd either get another room.
kastoney is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: