Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2014, 07:04 AM   #1996
cgattis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalee45 View Post
Bkfst ends at 11am
Actually, some stations switch over at 11, but some not until 11:30. We found this to be a PITA, as the 4 of us always ate from different ones. I wish they'd note those times on the handout in the welcome packet. Maybe someone could post them here...TIA if you do!!
cgattis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:13 AM   #1997
dsnyfan608
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know the iced tea choices at the food court and/or pool bar?
dsnyfan608 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2014, 05:17 PM   #1998
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnyfan608 View Post
Does anyone know the iced tea choices at the food court and/or pool bar?
The last few times we've been there the iced tea choices were (Gold Peak) Sweetened Black Tea, Unsweetened Black Tea, White Tea with Citrus, and Sweetened Green Tea.
bluezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:41 PM   #1999
Amberleefuta
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! My husband are disney fans. We just got back and are already planning our next trip. We are planning on going back with our extended family in 2017. There are 6 for sure going but we can maybe have up to 15. ( as long as no one has anymore kids between now and then. Then the # may go up) I was wondering if it was possible to get family suites that were connected or at least next to each other. Also anyone with advice on traveling with such a large party will be great. Ages will range from almost 70 to a 3 year old.

Thanks
Amber

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Amberleefuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:36 PM   #2000
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberleefuta View Post
Hi everyone! My husband are disney fans. We just got back and are already planning our next trip. We are planning on going back with our extended family in 2017. There are 6 for sure going but we can maybe have up to 15. ( as long as no one has anymore kids between now and then. Then the # may go up) I was wondering if it was possible to get family suites that were connected or at least next to each other. Also anyone with advice on traveling with such a large party will be great. Ages will range from almost 70 to a 3 year old.

Thanks
Amber

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
None of the Family Suites have interior doors that connect them. All you can do is request that your Suites are close to each other. But that is only a request.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:20 AM   #2001
Disfan1968
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
None of the Family Suites have interior doors that connect them. All you can do is request that your Suites are close to each other. But that is only a request.
The request you'll want to make is for adjoining suites. Means they share a wall. But as pp says, no connecting suites at AoA.
2014 Art of Animation.
Next Trip: Port Orleans Riverside- Summer 2015
Disfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:19 PM   #2002
IceSkatingPrincess
DIS Veteran

When disney releases general public offers, anyone know how much the family suites at AOA usually get discounted during regular rack rate time? I'm looking into some stuff for my sister. thanks!

I'm unfamiliar with the historical discounts on these since I would normally have no need for them.

DH & I: Rocky: Bagel:
IceSkatingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:43 PM   #2003
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceSkatingPrincess View Post
When disney releases general public offers, anyone know how much the family suites at AOA usually get discounted during regular rack rate time? I'm looking into some stuff for my sister. thanks!

I'm unfamiliar with the historical discounts on these since I would normally have no need for them.
From what I've seen, it's generally 10-15% for the suites.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:16 PM   #2004
IceSkatingPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2four View Post
From what I've seen, it's generally 10-15% for the suites.
Perfect. I thought 10 but wasn't sure. Glad I wasn't far off. I appreciate it thank you! I'm looking to give her the worst case (rack rate) and best case (discount) prices so she can have an idea. She has never been to WDW, but she is related to a disney addict haha

Old 06-16-2014, 05:48 PM   #2005
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Perfect. I thought 10 but wasn't sure. Glad I wasn't far off. I appreciate it thank you! I'm looking to give her the worst case (rack rate) and best case (discount) prices so she can have an idea. She has never been to WDW, but she is related to a disney addict haha
And just be aware that very few of the Nemo suites get the discount (based on her experience, my Disney TA estimated that it's less than a dozen -- possibly even less than 10). If they happen to be set on staying in a Nemo Suite, they should plan on paying rack rate and if they manage to get one of the few discounted rooms it would be a bonus. We had a Nemo suite booked a year in advance and our TA was on the phone the minute the discounts opened up to Disney Visa card holders and we weren't able to get a discounted Nemo suite. We changed to Cars (and eventually Lion King) because the 15% discount (last June) was more appealing to me than a Nemo suite. It saved us over $400.
bluezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:02 PM   #2006
IceSkatingPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezy View Post
And just be aware that very few of the Nemo suites get the discount (based on her experience, my Disney TA estimated that it's less than a dozen -- possibly even less than 10). If they happen to be set on staying in a Nemo Suite, they should plan on paying rack rate and if they manage to get one of the few discounted rooms it would be a bonus. We had a Nemo suite booked a year in advance and our TA was on the phone the minute the discounts opened up to Disney Visa card holders and we weren't able to get a discounted Nemo suite. We changed to Cars (and eventually Lion King) because the 15% discount (last June) was more appealing to me than a Nemo suite. It saved us over $400.

They'll be fine with any theme. Nemo is just a preference

Old 06-18-2014, 02:16 PM   #2007
Donnainnj
Loves having an AP
Has lost about 4 toppers

Quote:
If she is booking room only, Orbitz also frequently offers additional discounts. Using a current code, I just got another 15% off Art and Animation, in addition to Disney's discount. She would have to pay for the entire booking at once, but the cancelation policy would be the same as Disney's room only.
Donna
Old 06-18-2014, 05:58 PM   #2008
LoveMy3DisneyKids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnainnj View Post
If she is booking room only, Orbitz also frequently offers additional discounts. Using a current code, I just got another 15% off Art and Animation, in addition to Disney's discount. She would have to pay for the entire booking at once, but the cancelation policy would be the same as Disney's room only. Donna
i booked through orbitz and got 15% off using a code. Not a disney code. What's the disney discount through orbitz? Can you combine?
LoveMy3DisneyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:28 PM   #2009
Donnainnj
Loves having an AP
Has lost about 4 toppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMy3DisneyKids View Post
i booked through orbitz and got 15% off using a code. Not a disney code. What's the disney discount through orbitz? Can you combine?
If there is a general room discount for the time you are going and the resort you are looking at has discounted availability the rate should come up discounted on Orbitz. It will not tell you that that Disney discount is in there, you will only know if you compare it to rack rate.
Donna
Old 06-19-2014, 08:38 AM   #2010
natb213
Earning My Ears

We have reservations for Chef Mickey at 8:30am and are staying at AoA. How long will it take using disney transportation? We won't have a car.Thanks
natb213 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: