Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2014, 12:18 PM   #1966
w84no1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalee45 View Post
If you want Nemo, I would call and ask. These rooms are closest to the busses and food court, and surround the main pool, so they book fast. We just returned from 7 nights in two LM rooms and thought AoA was great. As far as theming goes, the Cars area beats out all the others. 3 of the 6 of us were not at all bothered with the walk to our rooms, and we were in the farthest bldg, Ariel bldg 8. The location was part of our request per my DDs desire to be in the Ariel bldg, higher floor.
Thanks for the response, I think I might prefer to be on the ground floor instead of being in a certain themed area. I will have a double stroller.

w84no1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:44 AM   #1967
kalee45
Mouseketeer

The theming at AoA is truly amazing. Even the basic landscaping changes from area to area, down to small rocks around the plant beds in Cars ( desert area), red clay-like stuff in Lion King, crushed shells in Little Mermaid! The whole complex is quite pretty, lots of green space, and they keep it clean. I saw a CM out one morning on what looked like a mini Zamboni cleaning the sidewalks!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2014, 10:18 AM   #1968
Mizzcoreta
Earning My Ears

Thanks! I was putting in it as an infant, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Maybe it was just that those certain dates weren't available. Now, I have to patiently wait for January dates!
Old 06-11-2014, 05:28 PM   #1969
goddessmommy
Earning My Ears

I read through this and may have missed it, but we are going to Disney in August in a LK suite, it looks like either building is about the same distance from Nemo/Food Court/Busses but if I want to try to request a room on that end of the building (closest to the Nemo/food court) does anyone have suggestions?

Also, when/how do I put in those requests? Do we call Disney or is it possible to do it online somehow? Since I realized LK doesn't have its own pool we want to be closer to the Nemo section.

All Star Music August 7
Art of Animation August 8-11 Lion King Suite
goddessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:44 AM   #1970
srauseo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goddessmommy View Post
I read through this and may have missed it, but we are going to Disney in August in a LK suite, it looks like either building is about the same distance from Nemo/Food Court/Busses but if I want to try to request a room on that end of the building (closest to the Nemo/food court) does anyone have suggestions?

Also, when/how do I put in those requests? Do we call Disney or is it possible to do it online somehow? Since I realized LK doesn't have its own pool we want to be closer to the Nemo section.
You can check-in online once you hit 60 days. It's on the My Reservations and Tickets page. Under your confirmation number you'll see a link to check-in. Once you click that, one of the options is to select up to two preferences for your room. One of the options is "near transportation". I think that would get you closer to the main building and Nemo area. Of course, these aren't guaranteed. Just preferences.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:39 AM   #1971
Planning Mama
Earning My Ears

Food Supplies

I've read a lot of this thread and haven't seen the answer. Is there a list anywhere of what food is available in the gift shop or grab and go section of the food court? I'm talking snacks and drinks and the like. I would really rather avoid a garden grocer delivery and we won't have a vehicle so just wondering if I will be disappointed in the selection or lack there of. Thanks for any input

*Numerous Offsite Visits ('87, '93, '99, '00, '01, 02', '09, '10) *2000-Dixie Landings (POR)/DCL * 2014-Art of Animation: Cars Suite
Planning Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:37 AM   #1972
mishlove68
Mouseketeer

Needs some help !!

We are staying at AOA in August for my son's birthday. He wanted to invite a few friends to celebrate his birthday. I called and get conflicting info, so I wanted to see if anyone know if 3 of his friends can come use the pool and I wanted to get food and a cake for him. Is this allowed? 2 people told me they cant use the pools at all and then someone told me that their is a guest charge, but couldn't tell me how much. This would make his 8th birthday special and I cant seem to get any answers.

Thank you in advance
mishlove68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:43 AM   #1973
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishlove68 View Post
We are staying at AOA in August for my son's birthday. He wanted to invite a few friends to celebrate his birthday. I called and get conflicting info, so I wanted to see if anyone know if 3 of his friends can come use the pool and I wanted to get food and a cake for him. Is this allowed? 2 people told me they cant use the pools at all and then someone told me that their is a guest charge, but couldn't tell me how much. This would make his 8th birthday special and I cant seem to get any answers. Thank you in advance
Did you try calling them directly?

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:01 AM   #1974
mishlove68
Mouseketeer

Yes, spoke to 3 people. I don't understand if we are staying why aren't we allowed guest at the pool?
mishlove68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:49 AM   #1975
somesong2sing
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes, spoke to 3 people. I don't understand if we are staying why aren't we allowed guest at the pool?
Well, if you think about it, if everyone invited Guests to be a part of their pool time it would take away from the paying guests who pay for their room there. It would be the same as going to the parks then. If you are a paying Disney guest at their resort and have tickets then why wouldn't you have a pass for them to get into the parks since that is part of you staying there too. There wouldn't be enough space or slim chair picking, a lot more crowded, etc.

If they are a Disney guest and staying at another Disney hotel, I personally wouldn't mind. But if I am a paying guest, staying on property, have a day or so planned at the pool and there are no chairs or tables, I would be upset. I pay for the use of the items and it is basically crowd control. I think it is a fair thing to do.

Me, Dh, DS(13), DD(7)

somesong2sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:01 PM   #1976
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are staying at AOA in August for my son's birthday. He wanted to invite a few friends to celebrate his birthday. I called and get conflicting info, so I wanted to see if anyone know if 3 of his friends can come use the pool and I wanted to get food and a cake for him. Is this allowed? 2 people told me they cant use the pools at all and then someone told me that their is a guest charge, but couldn't tell me how much. This would make his 8th birthday special and I cant seem to get any answers.

Thank you in advance
No, resort pools are for guests of that resort only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Did you try calling them directly?
There is no way to call the resort directly. All published numbers for WDW resorts get routed to a call center located off property.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:05 PM   #1977
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't understand if we are staying why aren't we allowed guest at the pool?
I recommend checking out this thread.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2450438
Old 06-12-2014, 12:07 PM   #1978
Mariep26
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Unfortunately even DVC members are not allowed to use AoA pool. There is a lot of demand for the facilities there and it is a big resort so they have the rule in place.
June 2010 - Swan & Dolphin, March 2012 - ASMo Toy Story room, December 8-15, 2012 - AoA Cars Suite, Feb 25 - Mar 1, 2013 - BLT LV Studio, May 9-13 - AoA Cars Suite, August 19-23, 2013 - BLT TPV Studio - Jax's 5th Birthday!!! - Nov 2-9, 2013 AoA Nemo - Oct 18-25, 2014 - Presley's 5th Birthday @ SSR 2brdm!!
Me: Marie, DH: Neil, DS: Jax , DD: Presley, D?: Baby #3 Due 12/20/14
Mariep26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:12 PM   #1979
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

Hi~

We just returned this past Saturday from 9 nights at Wilderness Lodge but we're strongly considering AOA suites for our next trip so my family of 4 can spread out a little bit. Now that our boys are 24 and 21 they don't like being in a standard resort room so I thought maybe this would give us all some room to move around.
Are there 2 TV's in the suites or just one? How's the bus transportation?

Thanks for your help!! I'm trying to do my "research" since this would be our first time staying at AOA.

Carla
Old 06-12-2014, 01:14 PM   #1980
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyEars View Post
Are there 2 TV's in the suites or just one?
Two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyEars View Post
How's the bus transportation?
No better or worse than any other WDW resort.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: