Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #181
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

We arrive tomorrow night!!! I can't wait!! Getting alittle nervous about getting there thou. We are flying out of Philly tomorrow afternoon and we are supposed to get really bad storms! Praying we get out and on time!!!
Old 06-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #182
HHMcG
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
We arrive tomorrow night!!! I can't wait!! Getting alittle nervous about getting there thou. We are flying out of Philly tomorrow afternoon and we are supposed to get really bad storms! Praying we get out and on time!!!
Good Luck!
I am sitting here in Philly checking out tomorrow's weather right now. I have to travel for work tomorrow and I wish I could just cancel - it doesn't look good.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #183
katiee37
DIS Veteran

I'm in Baltimore and it definitely doesn't look good here either...we had a tornado touch down not too far from my house the other day. Pixies heading your way for safe travels!
January 2014 Art of Animation--Celebrating my birthday January 2014 PTR
January 2015--Running the 5K and (yikes) possibly the Half Marathon!

katiee37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #184
ThePrincessesMommy
disneychampion

All booked up?!

We are planning our next trip the week of Dec 8th for DD's 5th birthday but the Mermaid rooms are all booked up (and this is supposed to be the slow time of year ugh)...then I see a few posts on the moms panel about ppl that were offered free dining to change their reservations to another resort (they didn't specify dates)... anyone have any guesses on why this is??
ThePrincessesMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #185
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeskaMomma View Post
1 bedroom, and then a living room, and dinette. The couch pulls out into a queen? Size bed and the table is a Murphy bed, so there are 3 beds total.
Sorry, I haven't read all the posts - how comfortable are the pullout and Murphy bed? I may be traveling with my D and my niece (both adults), and it would be great to have 3 beds without a deluxe pricetag!

snykymom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #186
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

We didn't try the Murphy bed but I have heard it is comfortable. We did test out the pull out couch. My husband is a big man and he thought it was very comfortable. He ended up falling asleep in it one night in front do the tv and had a very comfortable sleep.
MeeskaMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:51 AM   #187
melissa78
Earning My Ears

Murphy bed, pullout bed, & Queen size bed are all 3 very comfortable.
melissa78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #188
Disneytwinsmom
DIS Veteran

That is what I like about new hotels. A million people havent slept on the beds yet and made them lumpy!
Old 06-13-2013, 09:18 AM   #189
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis*Mom View Post
We just returned Sunday night from a 5 night stay in the Cars Suites. Loved, loved the suites and the location.
We are staying in the cars suites July 27-June 6, 2013 with daughter who has a 1yr old D and 4 yr old S. Our GS loves the cars and collects them. We had a chance to get the Nemo Suites and didn't & I'm a little worried about the walk from the cars to lobby. Was it very bad? What building did you like the best in the cars suites or did it matter?
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #190
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrincessesMommy View Post
We are planning our next trip the week of Dec 8th for DD's 5th birthday but the Mermaid rooms are all booked up (and this is supposed to be the slow time of year ugh)...then I see a few posts on the moms panel about ppl that were offered free dining to change their reservations to another resort (they didn't specify dates)... anyone have any guesses on why this is??
Disney tends to overbook their rooms. So, if they find that they have a large number of rooms overbooked, they will try to move guests to other resorts. Sometimes they will upgrade them to DVC resorts, other times they will try to move them to another value or a moderate and give them free dining. Usually not full free dining but counter service free dining.
There are, sadly, no longer any true slow times of year at WDW anymore. I've been every year in early Dec and every year it has been more crowded than the year before!!!

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #191
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Disney tends to overbook their rooms. So, if they find that they have a large number of rooms overbooked, they will try to move guests to other resorts. Sometimes they will upgrade them to DVC resorts, other times they will try to move them to another value or a moderate and give them free dining.!

I would never be so lucky as to get moved to a nicer resort or to be offered free dining! LOL!
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #192
chrisandsav
Earning My Ears

Leaving Saturday the 22nd!

We're staying in a Cars suite. First timers to AOA AND Disney World! Any hints or tips that will make our stay more fun? We're driving so will have access to a car, but I'm not planning on doing anything outside of Disney World until it's time to leave. We will be there 7 days, so I'm guessing I will be doing laundry. Is there a problem with leaving your clothes in the laundry room or do I need to stay with them the entire time?

Also, what's the very best Cars suite to get? Building #? Top floor? Corner? We try to stay away from elevators, ice machines, etc. and we like quiet rooms.

Thanks for any advice you can give to this little newbie family
chrisandsav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #193
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisandsav View Post
We're staying in a Cars suite. First timers to AOA AND Disney World! Any hints or tips that will make our stay more fun? We're driving so will have access to a car, but I'm not planning on doing anything outside of Disney World until it's time to leave. We will be there 7 days, so I'm guessing I will be doing laundry. Is there a problem with leaving your clothes in the laundry room or do I need to stay with them the entire time?

Also, what's the very best Cars suite to get? Building #? Top floor? Corner? We try to stay away from elevators, ice machines, etc. and we like quiet rooms.

Thanks for any advice you can give to this little newbie family
How exciting. You guys will have a great time.

As far as the best building that kind of depends what you are looking for. Buildings 1 and 3 are closer to animation hall and the buses, building 2 faces the pool and is the one with lighting out front. Building 3 has one side facing Hourglass Lake which makes for a nice view.

Building 3 was a great fit for us because it has Luigi and Pitstop out front which are my son's favorites. We also liked the lake view and how close it was to everything. We were in the tip floor and were able to see some of the higher fireworks from the Epcot show out our window. The LM buildings block a lot of the fireworks,but my son still enjoyed watching the "stars" out the window.

Building two has Mater out front and slightly closer to the bus stop.

Have Fun!
Old 06-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #194
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Bell View Post

We are staying in the cars suites July 27-June 6, 2013 with daughter who has a 1yr old D and 4 yr old S. Our GS loves the cars and collects them. We had a chance to get the Nemo Suites and didn't & I'm a little worried about the walk from the cars to lobby. Was it very bad? What building did you like the best in the cars suites or did it matter?
If you are in buildings 1 or 3 your are just as close to the main building as the Nemo suited. Even Building 2 isn't a terribly far walk. You guys will have a blast!
Old 06-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #195
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Bell View Post
The Cars section is still close to Animation Hall and so I'd assure you not to worry about the distance. For building choices, 1 and 3 are slightly closer to Animation Hall than building 2.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: