Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #151
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceandAriel View Post
Grumble! Ah well, I'll survive. It is a shame, though, we'd use a microwave if they had one to save on $$$ by not dining in the park as much. And there are no communal grills or outdoor cooking areas either, correct? Just the fridge in the room and that'll be the kit-n'-kaboodle.
Correct, no outdoor cooking grills or facilities.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #152
Singinglizzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwithboys View Post
I really must just love AOA! I am pretty certain DH and I want to forfeit our FD ressie at Pop and move back to AOA standard. We just can not get AOA off our minds and really at this point we feel like its worth the money since we will just be wanting to be over there rather than at Pop..... I just feel like I can only talk up the little mermaid rooms to my two boys for so long because I know how much they love all the AOA stuff and we just feel like its home! Am I the only crazy one considering staying in LM rooms with no discount at all....
No - you have crazy company. Don't know your dates, but we booked our LM room through Travelocity that enabled us to get a 15% discount. That promotion has expired, but Orbitz is currently offering something similar. This works if you are not planning to have the DDP, since the discount is on a room only package. We decided not to do the DDP since last trip we did the Deluxe DDP and literally ate too much. This trip we are gonna tone it down, skip desserts, and try to make healthy choices as well as eat at more of the food courts. My main worry is how far back the LM buildings are from the bus drop off point, but we may wind up with a car. I hope you have a great trip wherever you decide to stay.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2013, 06:30 AM   #153
cepmom
Mine are painted too
My kids call me a "trash picker"
Who wouldn't choose Chachi over a skunk?
I hate finding burning butts in my mulch!

just booked AoA std LM room for the 2014 Princess 1/2 Marathon weekend! I had to book rack rate at this time, but will keep an eye out for discounts. I got a quote from a TA that can get me discounted rooms at POFQ and Pop, but I really wanted AoA!

Question...when discounts are released (Disney VISA, AAA etc, looking for room only, not free dining discount) is AoA typicaly included in these type promotions? I know it's new and thought maybe it might be excluded. I hate to pay rack rate for a room
*lots of offsite trips growing up**3/1995 offsite**11/2002 Wilderness Lodge**8/2005 Polynesian~4 night DCL~Royal Pacific**8/2006 10th anniversary 3 night DCL**1/2007 SURPRISE 7 night Western DCL**2/2007 Caribbean Beach~Nationals Competition**8/2007 Girls Only Trip~Pop Century**8/2008 Port Orleans Riverside**12/2008 DH's Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century**9/2009 My Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century* *8/2010 California and Disneyland!*5/2011 Beach Club**6/2012 Coronado Springs mother/daughter graduation trip **8/2012 POFQ* 1/2014 Disney Marathon Weekend Old Key West*
2/2014 Princess 1/2 Marathon
*8/2014 Disneyland 1/2 MarathonGoing Coast to Coast
cepmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:14 AM   #154
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceandAriel View Post
Grumble! Ah well, I'll survive. It is a shame, though, we'd use a microwave if they had one to save on $$$ by not dining in the park as much. And there are no communal grills or outdoor cooking areas either, correct? Just the fridge in the room and that'll be the kit-n'-kaboodle.
Well, it is a value resort, with the usual lack of amenities that value resorts have. Most of the resorts at WDW have no microwave in them. Coffee pots? Yes, but no microwaves. Those will be found in DVC villas and in various suites.
No grills that I saw. Have to move up in resort level to get those things. Sorry.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #155
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepmom
just booked AoA std LM room for the 2014 Princess 1/2 Marathon weekend! I had to book rack rate at this time, but will keep an eye out for discounts. I got a quote from a TA that can get me discounted rooms at POFQ and Pop, but I really wanted AoA!

Question...when discounts are released (Disney VISA, AAA etc, looking for room only, not free dining discount) is AoA typicaly included in these type promotions? I know it's new and thought maybe it might be excluded. I hate to pay rack rate for a room
Typically no discounts for LM rooms at all. In the future it will likely change as the newness wears off and it's not always sold out.
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #156
MissionWDW
Mouseketeer

We are staying in the family suites for our upcoming trip, but if we return, will need two rooms at LM due to growing family size. However, I keep hearing about the "long" walk from the LM section. For those that have stayed at other values (especially Pop), how does the LM walk compare to the standard rooms at other values. I've only ever stayed at Pop (Lady and Tramp buildings) before.

MissionWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #157
chrystalc77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwithboys View Post
I really must just love AOA! I am pretty certain DH and I want to forfeit our FD ressie at Pop and move back to AOA standard. We just can not get AOA off our minds and really at this point we feel like its worth the money since we will just be wanting to be over there rather than at Pop..... I just feel like I can only talk up the little mermaid rooms to my two boys for so long because I know how much they love all the AOA stuff and we just feel like its home! Am I the only crazy one considering staying in LM rooms with no discount at all....
You are totally not the only crazy one!!!! When we were at Pop in November of 2012, we were walking around the grounds of Pop and when we got to the bridge my DH looked at AOA and then looked at me and said "Why in the hell aren't we staying over there?!" Pop was our first experience at a value and he was so disappointed. He felt that Pop was in desperate need of an upgrade. So we are going to give value another try in 2014 and stay at AOA!!! We even have a flyer on our fridge of AOA to remind ourselves daily what we are saving for. I have 2 boys as well and I've really been talking up the LM rooms. At first I got several eye rolls but I seriously don't think they will care once we are there. Would LOVE to spring for them a Cars suite but still undecided about that.
chrystalc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #158
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepmom View Post

Oh man...tell me about it. I paid $90 (average) a night to stay at ASMusic...Tuesday thru Sat. I moved to AoA-LM on Sat...paid $173 for Sat night, and $146 for Sunday night!!
I hated spending that much money, but dd really wanted to stay there just one time. Never again..unless I just need a one night stay before checking into my regular resort!!!
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #159
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionWDW View Post
We are staying in the family suites for our upcoming trip, but if we return, will need two rooms at LM due to growing family size. However, I keep hearing about the "long" walk from the LM section. For those that have stayed at other values (especially Pop), how does the LM walk compare to the standard rooms at other values. I've only ever stayed at Pop (Lady and Tramp buildings) before.
The walk will be longer than the 50's section at Pop. It's about .24 of a mile and will take about 8 minutes or so to walk to Animation Hall.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #160
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash

The walk will be longer than the 50's section at Pop. It's about .24 of a mile and will take about 8 minutes or so to walk to Animation Hall.
0.24 miles should take less than 5 minutes at the (average adult person walking) speed of 19 minutes /mile. Obviously if walking with a 3 year old, that can triple.
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #161
Rowanonfire
Mouseketeer

How far a walk are the bus stops from the LM rooms? =)
Rowanonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #162
disneypolybride2008
DIS Veteran

I am passing up the FD to stay at AoA too. The little Maid rooms and the resort look so fun. I just looked it up on YouTube and my almost 2 year old DD was saying Ariel and I am excited! I keep debating in my mind saving the extra money , $500 to stay at Pop, but we've stayed there SO many times, i really want to go to AoA. I'm just the kind of person that likes to save all i can, so it's hard to pass up the FD. It is annoying how they cant just book the FD for the part of the trip Nov 11 onward.. they said we'd have to do a room only package for the 9th-10th, which would be frustrating and expensive paying OOP for food for those days and getting our tickets early at the guest services, so with everything that entails to switch to Pop, we'll just spend the extra money to go to AoA. I cant wait to try the gelato!

disneypolybride2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:05 PM   #163
MinnieTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowanonfire View Post
How far a walk are the bus stops from the LM rooms? =)
I would say 6-7 minutes. Give or take a minute or two depending on how fast you walk. Another website indicated that it was similar to the walk from the very front gate at MK to the carousel in Fantasyland. It was not an unpleasant walk in the morning but if you forget something back at the room you will really debate it's importance before hiking back lol. Coming back at night, again, not at all an unpleasant walk, it's just that, by that time, after a day at the parks, my feet are like, Lady enough already!

MinnieTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:10 PM   #164
CuseWazowski
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepmom View Post

We had previously booked AoA and called upon receiving the late summer discount from Disney Visa. We got a 15% room discount on a Cars suite.
CuseWazowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:57 AM   #165
Nana2Callie
DIS Veteran

Just a quick update from our recent stay at AoA - We were there June 1 thru June 8 staying in the Little Mermaid suites. We had a great time and it was a great resort.

We were in building 8 (Little Mermaid) and the furthest corner in the building from the food court. It is a good hike to bus stops and food court - especially in the heat of the day. Our room was very nice and the bed was extremely comfortable.

However, we did change to building 9 (King Triton) to lessen the walking distance for my husband who is having some walking issues. It was much better since we were just walking through the Lion King area.

The bed was not as comfortable as the first room so the comments on here about "hard" beds should be considered.

This was our first time staying in value - we have stayed Moderate. So, the rooms were smaller and the biggest challenge was storage. We did not have enough space for putting our clothes and things away. Consider the suggestions to bring some hanging storage with you. There are 3 small drawers.

A minor note - using the divider curtain to block light from the bathroom while GD is sleeping just didn't work - you couldn't get it pulled far enough and I kept waking her up in the mornings. This was not an issue in the Moderate. I don't know if the curtain just didn't stretch far enough (there was a gap) or the lighter curtain.

Bus service - was great. Going and coming our wait was never more than 10 minutes and usually closer to 5. One morning we got to bus stop with full bus, but another one pulled up immediately. One day DH went back to resort from Epcot around 11:30 and he waited 20 minutes at Epcot - but that was the only wait.

Food Court - was okay and nothing really outstanding. We missed the Mickey waffles. Real silverware and plates was nice.

I've learned so much here so I just wanted to come back and share.
Nana2Callie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: