Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #136
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier37 View Post

I'm an American, but I have to have my hot tea as well. I am bringing an electric kettle, a favorite mug, and my PG Tips and Twinings Earl Grey. I intend to buy some milk in the food court and have it on hand.

I was at POP in 2011 and do not recall any hot tea being available. And the iced tea tasted artificial and nasty to me.
They have a kurig type device that brews tea and coffee in the room. They also have an assortment of teas as well as coffee.
MeeskaMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #137
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazor460 View Post
HI! I ran into the same thing with early reservations. I asked a few cm's and I looked online, the buses do not start running until an hour before the park opens. So if the park opens at 8 that day you should be good to leave at 7 or 7:20. However if the park doesn't open until 9 then I would drive. I think it would be pushing it trying to leave at 8! Good luck!
Actually? The buses start running by 6:30 every morning!! Not sure why there is other info out there. But, the buses were up and running that early last week...and have been for years now.

We were just at AoA-LM over the weekend!! It was a wonderful stay...bldg 7, Ursula, ground floor, looking out at the pool!! Very nice. The food court is okay. Buses were okay but not as good as in the past. But that could be due to it just being more crowded everywhere last week!!!

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #138
Hoosier37
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeskaMomma View Post
They have a kurig type device that brews tea and coffee in the room. They also have an assortment of teas as well as coffee.
I thought those were only in the suites? We're staying in a standard LM room...

WDW Trips
POP Century, March 2011
Art of Animation Little Mermaid, June 2013
Hoping to return in June 2015

(me) (DH) (DS14) (DD11)
Hoosier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #139
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier37

They are only in the suites.
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #140
labman5239
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazor460 View Post

HI! I ran into the same thing with early reservations. I asked a few cm's and I looked online, the buses do not start running until an hour before the park opens. So if the park opens at 8 that day you should be good to leave at 7 or 7:20. However if the park doesn't open until 9 then I would drive. I think it would be pushing it trying to leave at 8! Good luck!
We had a 815 am at BBB. We were told to be at bus stop at 645.
labman5239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:00 PM   #141
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeudj View Post
Staples order? I read in an earlier post someone had a Staples order waiting for them.. I assume this was with drinks and snacks? Are they less expensive than Garden Grocers?
Since Staples is an office supply store, I think most folks use them mainly to order bottled water. I would imagine their selection of snacks would be pretty limited.

And I think I remember reading a post that said Staples will ship cases of bottled water without a shipping charge, but I'm not sure about that.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #142
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbygirl View Post
Another poster asked earlier about the drawing lessons held at AoA. Specifically days/times & location. I was interested in this also but never saw a reply (sorry if I missed it!) Hoping to check this out with DD during our July trip.
They begin at 10am in the lobby area and run every hour on the hour with the last class being at 6p. I'd double check when you check in that the times are still the same. Days and times are subject to change
Old 06-06-2013, 08:05 AM   #143
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Question for those who have already been to AoA and stayed in the LM Room!

I know they don't have microwaves in the rooms, or coffee pots/brewing sets (that's a suite thing, right?) but can you ask/rent one by any chance from the main lobby? Or is it a sort of 'bring it if you need it' thing?

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
AliceandAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:27 AM   #144
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoZo View Post
Since Staples is an office supply store, I think most folks use them mainly to order bottled water. I would imagine their selection of snacks would be pretty limited.

And I think I remember reading a post that said Staples will ship cases of bottled water without a shipping charge, but I'm not sure about that.
I have used staples just for water but they do have bulk snack room type of snacks. They are cheaper than GG because of the shipping/delivery charges. No limit for Staples - for us the shipping was free and when the resort lost our bottled water (2x!) they expressed it over from a local store.

LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #145
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceandAriel View Post

I know they don't have microwaves in the rooms, or coffee pots/brewing sets (that's a suite thing, right?) but can you ask/rent one by any chance from the main lobby? Or is it a sort of 'bring it if you need it' thing?
I have not seen any reports of Disney providing appliances like these on request at any of the value resorts.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #146
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeskaMomma View Post
It's not a Keurig, it's a Cuisinart pod machine. K-Cups will not work in them.

AliceIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #147
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier37 View Post
Yes, the coffee machines are only in the suites. The LM rooms do not have these.

AliceIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #148
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceandAriel View Post

Nothing like that is available in the LM rooms. You could probably bring your own coffee pot but I'm not sure they will allow you to have a microwave in the room! They ask that you do no cooking in the room.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #149
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

I really must just love AOA! I am pretty certain DH and I want to forfeit our FD ressie at Pop and move back to AOA standard. We just can not get AOA off our minds and really at this point we feel like its worth the money since we will just be wanting to be over there rather than at Pop..... I just feel like I can only talk up the little mermaid rooms to my two boys for so long because I know how much they love all the AOA stuff and we just feel like its home! Am I the only crazy one considering staying in LM rooms with no discount at all....

Last edited by Blessedwithboys; 06-06-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Blessedwithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #150
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Nothing like that is available in the LM rooms. You could probably bring your own coffee pot but I'm not sure they will allow you to have a microwave in the room! They ask that you do no cooking in the room.
Grumble! Ah well, I'll survive. It is a shame, though, we'd use a microwave if they had one to save on $$$ by not dining in the park as much. And there are no communal grills or outdoor cooking areas either, correct? Just the fridge in the room and that'll be the kit-n'-kaboodle.

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
AliceandAriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: