Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2014, 07:52 AM   #1
peterox
Mouseketeer

Smile Mother Daughters trip which resort would you choose?

I'm planning a little mother daughters trip to WDW before my husband fly's down and join us in May/2015. My DDs are 14 and 11. We will be staying for three nights on property of course. We have stayed before at AKL/CL, WL/CL, and POR royal rooms. I'm am trying to decide on where to stay for this special mini vacation. I have one daughter that wants to stay at POP, the other wants to stay at CSR, and I would like to stay at CR. Any suggestions would be a big help
peterox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:06 AM   #2
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

A split stay, starting with POP, then CSR and you finish with CR!

If you spend your days in the park, you give your luggage to bell service every morning and you ask them to send it to the next resort. You check-in the new hotel when you come back from the park.

October 2011 - Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter (Honeymoon)
May 2012 - Disney's Polynesian Resort
December 2012 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
October 2013 - Disney's Coronado Springs
April 2014 - Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on Int Dr, Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Wyndham Lake Buena Vista (Downtown Disney Hotel)
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2014, 08:08 AM   #3
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

I did a mother/daughter trip in Aug...before driving up to Hilton Head to meet DH and DS for a family vacation. It was initially going to be 4 nights with just us 3 (me and twin DDs-15). We are DVC and I asked them where they wanted to stay. One said SSR and the other said BWV. I suggested BLT as they have never stayed there...they said nope, SSR and BWV...so that's what I booked. 2 nights at each in a studio...and I even got standard view at BWV (for less points). Then, we bought some BWV points direct and had 2013 points that needed to be used so we added a night at SSR and upgraded that room to a 1 bedroom. I kept the standard studio at BWV for the 2 nights. Then, I convinced my mom to join us. It was a fun trip!

SSR was great for shooting over to DtD...we were near the new bridge to Marketplace. We had dinner at RR one night and my DDs went over one day to check out Disney Quest while us old ladies rested. My mom and I shot over for a drink at RFC while my DDs showered and got ready for dinner...was nice. The buses were awful from SSR though. We also did the Luau for dinner one night and I drove over to the Poly. And we did BOG finally and had lunch at Yak and Yeti. Just hit MK and AK and DtD while at SSR.

Then, BWV was great for walking to/from Epcot and HS. We only did those parks while there so we didn't need to use buses (we also took the boat). We had lunches at Beaches and Cream and Coral Reef and dinners at Mama Melrose and Akershus. One night my DDs stayed at HS for some Frozen dance party and fireworks while my mom and I went back to BWV and got in pool/hot tub to rest our aching selves. BWV is a GREAT location.

If you are up for it, you could do a split stay. I would also suggest BW as an option. Happy planning!! You guys will have fun.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:10 AM   #4
haleofafamily
DIS Veteran

When my mom and I plan a trip together we like to put the choices on paper, put those in hat and pick one out.

I have alway found something to love about whatever Disney resort I'm staying at! Of the 3 you listed I like CSR the best, but I've never stayed at CR.

Me DH DS(16) DS(14) DS(11) DS(10) DD(9) DD(7)
June 85 Off, July 92 Off, June 00 AsSp, Sept 04 SSR, May 06 OKW, Sept 07 WL/BCV, May 08 BWV, Dec 08 SSR, Mar 09 Off, Sept 09 AKV Kidani/OKW, May 10 POP/VWL/Dol, Dec 10 AKV, FEB 11 BCV (1st Princess Half Marathon), FEB 12 Poly (2nd Princess Half Marathon), May 12 AKV and THV(Family Reunion!!) Nov 12 FLE Preview SSR/AoA, FEB 13 CSR/YC (3rd Princess Half Marathon), OCT 13 CSR (Grand Gathering)
haleofafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:39 AM   #5
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

I'm doing my first mother/daughters trip at the end of January and we're planning to stay at CSR, which we all do enjoy. But, if the budget allowed, I'd definitely choose a monorail resort for convenience.

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:53 AM   #6
peterox
Mouseketeer

We are only going to MK so I'm pushing for CR. I am also hoping for a room only discount for the beginning of May as well.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:21 AM   #7
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterox View Post
We are only going to MK so I'm pushing for CR. I am also hoping for a room only discount for the beginning of May as well.
Most definitely would go for CR then. The 2 non-DVC resorts we have stayed at are the CR and POR and we liked them both but loved the CR. You can walk to/from MK. And there is a lot of dining options with the monorail. Once we were on our trip, in Aug, and went to the Poly for the Luau, my DDs actually said they wished we had stayed at BLT .
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:29 AM   #8
littlejimmy
Earning My Ears

CR. and you will get a room only discount. good luck
littlejimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:54 PM   #9
APiratesLifeForMe2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleofafamily View Post
When my mom and I plan a trip together we like to put the choices on paper, put those in hat and pick one out.
I love doing this with the kids I nanny for. They can never decide on anything (what movie to see, what restaurant to go to, etc.) Putting down options and drawing out of a hat is a nice way to appease everyone and know their input gets equal consideration.

Quote:
Do your daughters know this as well? Have you explained they will get more park time if you get to stay close to MK? I would hate for you to choose something they don't want on a mother daughter trip but perhaps a little convincing will sway them your way. Otherwise I would maybe consider at least one night in a resort of their choosing.

1988 Off Site, 1992 Off Site, 1996 ASMusic, 2000 CBR, 2004 POR, 2007 Poly, 2009 POFQ, 2010 POP, 2011 POP, 2013 WL
APiratesLifeForMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:22 PM   #10
peterox
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by APiratesLifeForMe2 View Post
I love doing this with the kids I nanny for. They can never decide on anything (what movie to see, what restaurant to go to, etc.) Putting down options and drawing out of a hat is a nice way to appease everyone and know their input gets equal consideration.

Do your daughters know this as well? Have you explained they will get more park time if you get to stay close to MK? I would hate for you to choose something they don't want on a mother daughter trip but perhaps a little convincing will sway them your way. Otherwise I would maybe consider at least one night in a resort of their choosing.
Yes they are aware of this...I haven't told them I'm thinking about the CR because I would surprise them with it. They are thinking I want to keep the cost down. But we have always stayed at the deluxe or moderate never value and I want this trip to be a extra special one. Out of the 12 pervious WDW vacations I find this one the hardest to plan
Old 09-17-2014, 02:47 PM   #11
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Grand Floridian, I think your daughers, Grand Floridian, would like everything, Grand Floridian, that the Grand Floridian has to offer!

Tom
Old 09-17-2014, 04:01 PM   #12
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

My mom always says, you pick what ever you want. So I always just pick one I like, then one that I KNOW she would prefer, and one I think she might like, then say here's three I like which one would you prefer?

She then tends to pick the one I know she would prefer then I say great choice I like that one too!

Same thing with room type.

I would just let everyone list their reasons for their pick then discuss.

I'd honestly do CSR cause I think 3 in a room at POP with double beds and less space would be a pain, while the CR is the most expensive and the least attractive.

OOPS just saw that it is a MK only trip, I switch to the CR I could put up with unattractive for walking distance to the only park visited.

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:24 PM   #13
tink70
Just keep swimming.....

we have done a few mother daughter trips, its wonderful!
That being said, we LOVED the swan and dolphin. It was close to two parks, which we walked to quite a bit.
It was enjoyable, taking our time walking back, one of my favorite times as we talked and enjoyed our surroundings.
Have fun deciding!

6/2013- Dolphin -Girl Trip Again!
6/2012 - Animal Kingdom Lodge- Girl trip!
12/2010 - Disney Wonder 3 day Cruise
10/2008 - Coronado Springs
11/2006 - Coronado Springs
5/2005 - Magic, Eastern
10/2003 - Polynesian
10/2000 - Dixie Landings
9/1999 - Polynesian
2/1991 - Offsite
6/1987 - Offsite
tink70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:31 AM   #14
APiratesLifeForMe2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes they are aware of this...I haven't told them I'm thinking about the CR because I would surprise them with it. They are thinking I want to keep the cost down. But we have always stayed at the deluxe or moderate never value and I want this trip to be a extra special one. Out of the 12 pervious WDW vacations I find this one the hardest to plan
Ok this makes sense. Then they probably are choosing the mod resorts since it is lower in cost. I think surprising them with CR is a great idea. You could still go the route of staying the first night at one of the mod's they chose.

DH and I have said that is how we would do it if we were going to surprise DM with a deluxe resort trip. For us it just meant a bigger surprise to get there, check in at a value and wake up the next day to say, "oh by the way we are moving over to insert fabulous resort here

1988 Off Site, 1992 Off Site, 1996 ASMusic, 2000 CBR, 2004 POR, 2007 Poly, 2009 POFQ, 2010 POP, 2011 POP, 2013 WL
APiratesLifeForMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:24 PM   #15
peterox
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by APiratesLifeForMe2 View Post
Ok this makes sense. Then they probably are choosing the mod resorts since it is lower in cost. I think surprising them with CR is a great idea. You could still go the route of staying the first night at one of the mod's they chose.

DH and I have said that is how we would do it if we were going to surprise DM with a deluxe resort trip. For us it just meant a bigger surprise to get there, check in at a value and wake up the next day to say, "oh by the way we are moving over to insert fabulous resort here
I Love this idea

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: