Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM   #1
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

Which would be better for in-laws? French Quarter or Coronado Springs?

My in-laws are coming. I am so excited! I really love them They decided last minute to join us in Feb. They are booking tomorrow and they have never been to Disney. They want to keep the cost low but not a value so they are comfortable with a moderate. They asked for my help deciding. I narrowed it down to the French Quarter due to its small size and Coronado Springs. Which would be better for two 64 year old first timers? They plan on two days only at the park... Help needed before morning please... Thank you!!!

2003-POR
2011- Poly TPV
2012- POR/BWI
2015- AKLV/BWV
Mynamewastaken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:50 PM   #2
deannaf87
Mouseketeer

I would say POFQ for the compact size. It also gives them the boat toDTD option.

Disneyland- June 2003-CL at Disneyland Hotel
WDW - March 2013 - Shades of Green
Planning for December 2015...going through the exciting process of picking a resort

ATTENTION: TR IN PROGRESS You need superglue for WHAT??? A Bloody Magical First Time Trip Report!
deannaf87 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old Yesterday, 08:16 PM   #3
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

My vote is for POFQ as well for the reasons the PP mentioned. It's a lovely, compact resort. CSR is quite vast.
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:57 PM   #4
clapton
Mouseketeer

I would choose POFQ . It is a great size not too big and it has the boat to DD which is great. We just stayed at CSR for one night at the end of our trip in Nov.and we were extremely disappointed in the resort, would never stay there again!
clapton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM   #5
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

Thank you all. POFQ it is

2003-POR
2011- Poly TPV
2012- POR/BWI
2015- AKLV/BWV
Mynamewastaken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:42 PM   #6
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

I'm late to the thread, but wanted to add our experience. My parents decided to join us for marathon weekend next month. They're about the same age as your in-laws, two park days, and want to keep cost low but no value resort. We recommended POFQ and they booked it! Same reasons other posters mentioned. I think the small size and quaint theming of the resort will be a good fit for them. We've stayed at CSR in the past - they have too. We liked CSR, but it's relatively spread out and has more of a convention feel, in my opinion.

So I vote for POFQ, too - have a great trip!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
pixarmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:09 AM   #7
Sue M
DIS Veteran

I'd book either POFQ or Por, depending which has the better price. Both are great resorts.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:37 AM   #8
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynamewastaken View Post
My in-laws are coming. I am so excited! I really love them They decided last minute to join us in Feb. They are booking tomorrow and they have never been to Disney. They want to keep the cost low but not a value so they are comfortable with a moderate. They asked for my help deciding. I narrowed it down to the French Quarter due to its small size and Coronado Springs. Which would be better for two 64 year old first timers? They plan on two days only at the park... Help needed before morning please... Thank you!!!

POFQ. Definitely.

Stayed at...

Disney: Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside. Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian Village & Yacht Club

Downtown Disney Hotel: Wyndham Lake Buena Vista

Universal: Royal Pacific Resort
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: