Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which moderate is your favorite
Port Orleans Riverside 45 40.91%
Port Orleans French Quarters 45 40.91%
Caribbean Beach Resort 20 18.18%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #31
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

CSR is our favorite moderate in my honest opinion its not even close, but as a second choice I would choose POR.

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:33 PM   #32
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
This shouldn't be a major concern since you can call for a van to come and pick you and your luggage up and take you to the Custom House (and vice versa for getting to your room). For any other needs, there's a concierge desk in Old Port Royale.
Ok thanks that would be good because I get nervous about missing our plane
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #33
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
Thank You! Same to you!
I tried to find that little pixie dust icon when I typed your message but I couldnt find it
Old 05-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #34
maryj11
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=robinb;48392448]OK then, I picked CBR. You have already been to POR and I think POFQ is better for couples or families with small children. CBR is fun and tropical and you said you would pay for a preferred room so you won't have an issue with being too far away from the main pool and OPR (the food court).[/QU

CBR does have an awesome pool ! I think we have narrowed it down to two that we will pick from CBR and POR.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #35
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Anyone else want to vote ?
Old 05-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #36
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

[QUOTE=maryj11;48398108
CBR does have an awesome pool ! I think we have narrowed it down to two that we will pick from CBR and POR.[/QUOTE]

To me, CBR has one big negative: The sheer number of bus stops at the resort. 7, to be exact. Look at it this way: If you stay at POR and get on at the first stop, you only have 3 more before you are on your way to the parks. At CBR you would have 6 more. And then coming back to your room you have the same problem. Twice the number of stops before you hit your stop and are on the way to your room.

Also, the food court at POR is miles better than the one at CBR. They don't compare AT ALL. Plus CBR still has double beds instead of queens.

I love POR and only somewhat liked my stay at CBR. To me it isn't even a hard choice. Between CBR and POR, POR wins.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #37
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Let me first say that the CSR preferred buildings are casitas 1-3, bldg 4 and 5 are not preferred. Secondly; we have stayed at CSR a bunch of times and no way did it take us 15-20 minutes to walk to the pool from the Casitas and that is with a 1 and a 5 year old. We prefer the 2 PO resorts to stay at, nothing against CBR, it's just that we live in a beach area so the beach theme does not do it for us.

DW DH DD(9) DD(4)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #38
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the info, it looks like POR is winning !
Old 05-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #39
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
Thanks for all the info, it looks like POR is winning !
My issue with POR is that it is themed too well ... it seemed you really were back in the bayou. Some of the AB buildings are very remote and you need to take (what seem to be endless) twisty-turny paths to get to main pool and the food court. I was in building 35 and it seemed to take forever to get anywhere in the resort. If I were to stay there again, I would definitely request the Mansions section where the sidewalks are all straight.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #40
bdink921
DIS Veteran

I picked POR. That's where we will be staying on our August trip. I really love the look of the resort. It was a toss up for us between POR and POFQ. Love the small size of POFQ but the rest of the resort just does not appeal to me. POR grounds are just so beautiful. Love the offerings in the food court too. My DS is a teen and the POFQ pool seems a little 'babyish' (his words, not mine ). He likes the pool area at POR much better. We're traveling with a family of 5, hopefully we'll be in the AB section. I love the rustic look of the rooms. Looking forward to seeing Yeeha Bob too.

We've stayed at CSR, nice resort, awesome pool. We were in the back of beyond there though, requested Cabanas, got Ranchos. Loved the Pepper Market. It had a different feel to me than the other resorts we've stayed at, not bad but different. We would return there but on my quest to try a different resort every visit, it will not be anytime soon.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #41
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
My issue with POR is that it is themed too well ... it seemed you really were back in the bayou. Some of the AB buildings are very remote and you need to take (what seem to be endless) twisty-turny paths to get to main pool and the food court. I was in building 35 and it seemed to take forever to get anywhere in the resort. If I were to stay there again, I would definitely request the Mansions section where the sidewalks are all straight.
I would definitely book preferred in the AB section. I dont want a long walk to the food court and pool. It makes it really hard when you have walked miles all day at the parks.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:59 PM   #42
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
To me, CBR has one big negative: The sheer number of bus stops at the resort. 7, to be exact. Look at it this way: If you stay at POR and get on at the first stop, you only have 3 more before you are on your way to the parks. At CBR you would have 6 more. And then coming back to your room you have the same problem. Twice the number of stops before you hit your stop and are on the way to your room.

Also, the food court at POR is miles better than the one at CBR. They don't compare AT ALL. Plus CBR still has double beds instead of queens.

I love POR and only somewhat liked my stay at CBR. To me it isn't even a hard choice. Between CBR and POR, POR wins.
Ok you have me leaning more towards POR some day I plan on staying at all the moderates though so I'm not sure if I will change my mind again
Old 05-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #43
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

My family loves POFQ even my 10 year old and 6 year old. They like how nothing is too far away. The greeter at the door always would talk to the kids.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:19 PM   #44
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor3297 View Post
My family loves POFQ even my 10 year old and 6 year old. They like how nothing is too far away. The greeter at the door always would talk to the kids.
That is a plus with it being small, something I would love. I hate walking after walking all day in the parks. Now you got me changing my mind again I just dont like the mardi gra decorations, wish they would change that
Old 05-16-2013, 04:29 AM   #45
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
That is a plus with it being small, something I would love. I hate walking after walking all day in the parks. Now you got me changing my mind again I just dont like the mardi gra decorations, wish they would change that
You can pay for a preferred room at POR if you want to be sure you are close to the food court. Or else request a room in Magnolia Terrace. Only a short walk across the bridge to the main buildings.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: