Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #16
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Another place to check for the 10th edition is Barnes and Noble or their website.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #17
chipscinderelly
Victim of a drive-by tag attack!
Her blinkies might be lopsided

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhorsley View Post

Hi there. It's still featured on the store front... http://www.passporterstore.com/store/
Yes and it was then too until I attempted to put it in my cart. I also contacted passporter team directly.
2003 Aug-Grand Floridian, Oct- Caribbean Beach, Nov- Caribbean Beach, 2004 Aug - WL, Dec - BWI; 2005 May - Pop Century, June - Disneyland Hotel, Sept -SSR, DVC Cruise & BCV, Dec - BCV; 2006 May - OKW (grand villa), July - BCV, Oct - SSR/DVC Cruise, YC/Cont MK view, Dec - VWL; 2007 May - SSR, Oct BWV, Swan; 2008 March - OKW, Oct - BWV, 2009 June - Swan, Sept - Poly, 2010 Dec-AKV; 2011 Nov-BWV; 2012 Nov - BCV; 2013 May - AOA, Cruise, BLT; 2014 Feb - DL, Nov - ???
Disney Wedding photos - Fantasmic, RnR and Muppets courtyard reception
chipscinderelly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #18
rhorsley
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipscinderelly View Post

Yes and it was then too until I attempted to put it in my cart. I also contacted passporter team directly.
That is really odd, I just went to Passporters, added to my cart and made it all the way to confirm your order? I didn't complete the order though, since I just got one a couple weeks ago from them. Sorry to hear its giving you problems :-(
Old 05-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #19
safeti01
Mouseketeer

Just received a reply to my e-mail asking with the 11th edition will be published. Jennifer from the PassPorter Help Desk stated:

"We're finishing up the port chapter now -- June or July is what I project "

I myself believe it will be August, knowing their track record
safeti01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #20
MrsB919
Mouseketeer

I was waiting for the 11th for my Sept. cruise. Do you think the 10th would be good enough bc by July I feel would be too late.

(Me) (Hubby) (Tanky) : (Ony)
5/14- BCV, 9/13- CBR & DCL Fantasy, 9/12 -BWI,12/11 -POP, 9/11- Wedding & Honeymoon GF & DCL,
4/11,7/10,3/08 etc. (to many to count)- Offsite
MrsB919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #21
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by safeti01 View Post
Just received a reply to my e-mail asking with the 11th edition will be published. Jennifer from the PassPorter Help Desk stated:

"We're finishing up the port chapter now -- June or July is what I project "

I myself believe it will be August, knowing their track record
The "help desk" That's a riot. Because Passporter really only is about two people. That's why this all takes so long, it's not a big group etc...
It truly is a mom and pop operation and IMHO there are some 'organizational' issues they have always had. (Their enthusiasm is great however!)

If they are "writing" the chapter I think you are right. By the time it gets "edited" into the book format etc....August!
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #22
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

This is exactly why I stopped buying passporter. I had bought one for WDW years ago and even though I had been on DCL previously I wanted to purchase the latest one in 2010 for my WBTA. Pre-ordered it in Feb 2010 and after numerous delays they made portions available as e-books if you had preordered - nice since it involved European ports and the Magic was already in Europe! They finally shipped my copy in August just a few weeks before my trip. Most disappointing to me was that the DCL passporter was all black and white - no color!!

I believe there is supposed to have some color in this book.

As noted previously by an above poster, I found all info needed on the DIS. Basically wasted my money.
Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #23
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB919 View Post
I was waiting for the 11th for my Sept. cruise. Do you think the 10th would be good enough bc by July I feel would be too late.
See if you can find it at your local Barnes & Noble or if it's available at your local library and then you can see for yourself if you would find it useful.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:04 PM   #24
safeti01
Mouseketeer

Barnes and Noble, as I understand is not stocking the 10th edition because the 11th was to habe been out in February 2013. The only way is probably to get it thru Passporters. When I saw the reply from the "Help Desk", I started to laugh.
safeti01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:26 AM   #25
chipscinderelly
Victim of a drive-by tag attack!
Her blinkies might be lopsided

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhorsley View Post

That is really odd, I just went to Passporters, added to my cart and made it all the way to confirm your order? I didn't complete the order though, since I just got one a couple weeks ago from them. Sorry to hear its giving you problems :-(
It is odd and frustrating. We wanted the deluxe refill so perhaps that is the issue?
2003 Aug-Grand Floridian, Oct- Caribbean Beach, Nov- Caribbean Beach, 2004 Aug - WL, Dec - BWI; 2005 May - Pop Century, June - Disneyland Hotel, Sept -SSR, DVC Cruise & BCV, Dec - BCV; 2006 May - OKW (grand villa), July - BCV, Oct - SSR/DVC Cruise, YC/Cont MK view, Dec - VWL; 2007 May - SSR, Oct BWV, Swan; 2008 March - OKW, Oct - BWV, 2009 June - Swan, Sept - Poly, 2010 Dec-AKV; 2011 Nov-BWV; 2012 Nov - BCV; 2013 May - AOA, Cruise, BLT; 2014 Feb - DL, Nov - ???
Disney Wedding photos - Fantasmic, RnR and Muppets courtyard reception
chipscinderelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:41 AM   #26
ML_LovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by safeti01 View Post
They just postponed the publication for about the 5th time. I wonder what the problem is. I believe it was be orginially published in February???
This also happened with the 10th edition, MULTIPLE times. It was so frustrating. Then, when I finally got it, it was hugely disappointing. Everything was exactly the same except maybe a few pages of different ports. I would've been just fine with my Disboards and my 9th edition.

ML_LovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:03 AM   #27
RGLakatos
Mouseketeer

After finding this information out, about the delay AGAIN, I logged into Barnes & Nobles and cancelled my preorder for the book.

I was hoping to get all the great information before my July cruise but they have delayed this too many times for me to be trusting of when the book will come out.

When the book does come out the information will be outdated.....this type of information is needed BEFORE the summer not after the summer for cruising....they better get their issues together really quick before they loose more customers!
RGLakatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:09 AM   #28
cleophus12
DIS Veteran

I also had to cancel my pre order as it won't be out in time for my cruise at all. So disappointed.
cleophus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:03 AM   #29
Im_A_Princess
PLATINUM - Woo Hoo!

Location: Maryland ~893.52 miles from my FL home in Port Canaveral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML_LovesDisney View Post
This also happened with the 10th edition, MULTIPLE times. It was so frustrating. Then, when I finally got it, it was hugely disappointing. Everything was exactly the same except maybe a few pages of different ports. I would've been just fine with my Disboards and my 9th edition.
I heard it was disappointing as well and did not even bother to get the 10th ed.
I was looking forward to the 11th ed. Bummer.
Still use my 9th ed for all the port info.

-Chrissy 116 days onboard DCL and counting...)
Im_A_Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #30
tpettie
What"s a tag and why do you want one?

I'm disappointed too... I preordered the 11th edition hoping to have it by the end of the month... The 10th edition map of the decks/staterooms doesn't appear to be current I was hoping to get an more updated look at the Dreams categories layout...

All Stars Movies December 2008 (First Trip)
All Stars Movies December 2009 (Return with more kids)
POR Nov 28 - Dec 05 2010 (Adult Only Trip)
ASMusic Sept 29 - Oct6 2011 (let go trip)
Sequel Trip AofA Resort Nov/Dec 2012
POP Sept 7-12 with Disney Dream 3 Night Cruise Sept 12-15
tpettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: