Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

FP Questions?

We haven't been to Disney since 2011, I heard rumors of really enforcing the FP return times, is this true? Anything new I need to know about FP in the parks?

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

WeLoveLilo05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #2
chartle
DIS Veteran

Yes they are now enforcing return times to the minute.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #3
rjb123
Mouseketeer

Didn't they always do this? I am a rule follower though, so I never would have thought to try to come back at a time that was NOT my FP time.
rjb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #4
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjb123 View Post
Didn't they always do this? I am a rule follower though, so I never would have thought to try to come back at a time that was NOT my FP time.
Nope its only been since this past march, march last year. I forget.

Its been awhile since I have read a "FP time enforcement" is the end of world thread.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #5
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
I'm a rule-follower, too, and the rule was that you could use a FP
at any time after the Return Time that same day.

I always followed that rule every day I was at WDW.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #6
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

March 2012 was when they started strictly enforcing return times.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #7
chmurf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Oh no, please, don't get them started

We're in for a 50+ pages thread :D :D :D

feb-mar 2012 : POP
oct-nov 2012 : POP/CBR
oct-nov 2013 : AoA/POR
chmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #8
PeterPanic
DIS Veteran

Cool

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post

I always followed that rule every day I was at WDW.
OK, everybody calm down. I don't think the PP was attempting to call someone out, but, let's be honest here, there weren't that many people, overall, that knew you could use them after the window. The ticket said to arrive within the time with nothing mentioned about using it later.

The use of them after the window evolved, it wasn't that way in the beginning. Perhaps using the phrase "rule follower" was a slightly unfortunate description, but, for many people it was the only rule that they were aware of. Maybe Known Rule Follower, would be more appropriate. The public, advertised rule was in the beginning and throughout the duration a one hour window. Very few people knew that Disney was allowing people to use it after. We Disney Board geeks, knew about it because we communicated it to each other...but look at the number of board members and then look at the number of people that visit Disney every year. I think you will find that we are a massive minority.

Most people did think that they were following the rules as they knew them. We were some of the lucky ones that had an inside track and knew that Disney was allowing them to be used after the window. We were also following the rules that we knew Disney had internalized. We didn't do anything wrong and although it is hard to explain it to people that did not have that inside information...the fact is we all were following the rules as we knew them.

Now the plus side for those unaware of the late return policy, you have nothing to adjust too. Those of us spoiled by Disney's lack of desire to enforce their own published rules have to make a few changes in our touring plans. Not a big thing either way.
PeterPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #9
wdwobsessed
I love Disney ... I love Disney ... I love Disney ... Did I mention I love Disney?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic View Post

OK, everybody calm down. I don't think the PP was attempting to call someone out, but, let's be honest here, there weren't that many people, overall, that knew you could use them after the window. The ticket said to arrive within the time with nothing mentioned about using it later.

The use of them after the window evolved, it wasn't that way in the beginning. Perhaps using the phrase "rule follower" was a slightly unfortunate description, but, for many people it was the only rule that they were aware of. Maybe Known Rule Follower, would be more appropriate. The public, advertised rule was in the beginning and throughout the duration a one hour window. Very few people knew that Disney was allowing people to use it after. We Disney Board geeks, knew about it because we communicated it to each other...but look at the number of board members and then look at the number of people that visit Disney every year. I think you will find that we are a massive minority.

Most people did think that they were following the rules as they knew them. We were some of the lucky ones that had an inside track and knew that Disney was allowing them to be used after the window. We were also following the rules that we knew Disney had internalized. We didn't do anything wrong and although it is hard to explain it to people that did not have that inside information...the fact is we all were following the rules as we knew them.

Now the plus side for those unaware of the late return policy, you have nothing to adjust too. Those of us spoiled by Disney's lack of desire to enforce their own published rules have to make a few changes in our touring plans. Not a big thing either way.
Peter I so wish I could "like" this post! Well said!

Lol!
Two years is too long! CSR coming up October 2013! / Poly December 2011 / Poly November 2010 /WL & BC Club level June 2010! / POFQ - August 2009/ CR & YC- September 2006 / WL - December 2005 / Universal / RPR - August 2004 /AS Movies & Poly - August 2002 / Disney Wonder - April 2002 / WL & YC - September 2001/ Offsite - December 1999, February 1995, February 1994 / YC - June 1992/ Poly - August 1987/FW - January 1978[/FONT]
wdwobsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #10
evabraniff
Mouseketeer

I never knew they could be used later.

We always got there the minute the time started. 11-12? We were there at 10:58

May 2012 : Coronado Springs
May 2013 : Caribbean Beach Resort
evabraniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #11
raven69david
I am a Superuser. Got a problem with that?!

If you follow the rules on the FP ticket, nothing has changed. Long live the Superusers.
1997-2003: Off-site, 2004: DD born ; missed this year, 2005: SoG for MVMCP, 2006: AKLSV for Magical Beginnings, 2007: ASMo/AKLSV for MVMCP, 2008: CSR for Surprise Trip in August, 2008: AKLSV/CR/POP for MVMCP, December 2008May 2009: Pop/AKLSV, August 2009: POFQ/WL-CL, December 2009: AKLSV for MVMCP Too many since then to list and WAYYY tttoooooooo many more to go.............
raven69david is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: