Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
CMac72
Earning My Ears

WDW in 2 Days...on a Holiday Week...Call us Crazy!

My family and I will be in Orlando the entire Memorial Day week, 5/26 thru 6/1. Now before the laughing begins, let me just say that I am well aware that just that statement alone sounds crazy. It gets better...

We will be staying offsite and taking in the other theme park giants in the area. Basically cramming in 7 theme parks into 5 days, with an ADR smack in the middle. I know that week will be nuts as far as the crowds go so we figured that the best time to do the Universal parks would be earlier in the week. My kids have never been to those two, but have been to SW and WDW a few years ago. This trip is basically a Universal Trip with a little WDW sprinkled in.

Right now our itinerary is as follows:

Monday - SeaWorld
Tuesday - IOA
Wednesday - US most of the day/ADRs at Ohana late that night
Thursday - 2 WDW parks (not yet sure which ones)
Friday - 2 WDW parks (again, not yet sure which ones; possibly DHS for SWW)

My question is what would be the best days to do WDW that week? We have talked about hitting AK Thursday before lunch and then heading to MK for the rest of the day. My DW and DD really want to do lunch at BOG. Then for Friday we would like to do DHS so we're there for SWW and then finish up at Epcot. We like the idea of ending each of the 2 days with MK and Epcot simply for the night time Fireworks and Illuminations. We are not completely opposed to moving those days around, however, with our limited time at WDW, we don't want to do any Disney parks on Wednesday due to our ADR. We picked US that day just because we don't plan on spending all day there and we have a 3rd day free that we may use on our departure day.

I know that is a lot of info to process but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
cvjw
DIS Veteran

We visit Disney for the 2 weeks around Memorial Day every year. The crowds aren't nearly as bad as other holiday crowds at Disney. You can look at the touring plans websites and choose your parks based on their recommendations. As long as you get to the parks early, you can manage the crowds and do the attractions that interest you.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
dprincessmom
Mouseketeer

I agree - Memorial Day week might not be as bad as you are expecting. Most people aren't going to pull their kids out of school that close to the end and many schools have classes after the three day weekend.

Have fun - as a thought for your plan, we actually ended up doing AK in the afternoon, arriving around 1 and we stayed until we had to leave for an ADR. The lines turned to walk ons after the parade.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
roselark
DIS Veteran

Monday will be busy, but the rest of the week should be nice. We are heading down from 5/29-6/4. As others have said, while many people will be there over the long weekend, very few are willing to take their kids out of school so close to the end of the school year.

While it won't have a huge impact, 5/30-6/2 are Gay Days at WDW. Animal Kingdom is the primary park on Thursday and Hollywood Studios is the primary park for Friday. Friday is also the start of the third Star Wars Weekends at Hollywood Studios (which you mentioned, but add in additional crowds for GD). Just some things to keep in mind if you want to stay away from the crowds.
9/2006 Coronado Springs; 12/2007 WL; 11/2008 SSR; 5/2009 AKV; 10/2009 BWV; 5/2010 POP; 8/2010 POP; 1/2011 AKV; 5/2011 SSR; 8/2011 Disneyland D23 Expo; 9/2011 AKV; 4/2012 Disneyland Grand Californian; 9/2012 BWV; 1/2013 OKW; 6/2013 AKV 40th Birthday Trip; early 9/2013 BWV; late 9/2013 POP

Upcoming trips: early 9/2014 BWV(?) next pin event; late 9/2014 AKV Grandma's 90th Birthday trip

Last edited by roselark; 05-11-2013 at 12:31 PM.
roselark is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: