Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #31
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – April 27, 2013 Part 1 Cont.

After passing under the heavenly archway “Where Dreams Come True” and the real world is forbidden to enter, I continued on to my very first EVER Disney on property resort, passing this on the way.

Before arriving at my destination at the next light.

Almost!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, I passed through the security checkpoint, and arrived at the check in parking lot.

After parking, I "POPPED" into Classic Hall,

And since I had already checked in online,

I picked up my welcome pack, and was off to my room,

Complete with my desired and excitedly anticipated Mickey towel.

Seriously, I could not have been happier having that little towel waiting for me; I don’t care that I’m supposed to be an “adult”.
I know it’s pretty standard, but my Mousekeeper, Genita, would continue to spoil me for the next couple of days which I will share in due time.

I snapped a selfie in the mirror since, you know, that's what all the kids do, and I'm a kid when in Disney after-all, (DisneyKid4Life Yo!)

And one of my newly acquired Mickey soap, for no other reason than it’s just better than regular soap, (and one of them may have come home with me… shhhh, don’t tell),

Before setting out to explore my new home for the week… as well as my neighbor.

TO BE CONTINUED…
Old 05-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #32
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

YAY for arrivals!!
I've tried to break my Tim Horton's addiction... hasn't worked yet. Oh well. Glad to hear your flight and arrival all went smoothly!
Awwww Pop Century!! I get so nostalgic. I love that place.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #33
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Only one soap made it home???

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 05-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #34
Teresa Pitman
DIS Veteran

I'll be staying at Pop, too - nice to see the photos! I haven't done the online check-in before so I will try this time. How far ahead can you do it?

TP
Old 05-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #35
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Great first installment and wonderful pictures! Pop was the resort we stayed at during our first-ever vacation staying on property. Fond memories there! We're now in love with Port Orleans French Quarter, our trip this fall will mark our sixth stay there. It's definitely our home away from home.

Tim's is a national obsession ... resistance is futile.

Looking forward to the next post!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
Old 05-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #36
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Woo hoo, you arrived at the resort! Always the best part of the trip.

Is that the monorail t-shirt you're wearing? I have that same one!

And Mickey soap is awesome. You can never have enough Mickey soap. You should've taken more.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 05-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #37
katt789
DIS Veteran

Every time I travel to Disney I wish apparition was real…and then I realize it isn’t working because my wand is at home, and they probably wouldn’t work after security…yup…harry potter nerd over here…

UUUGGGGHHH MOWGLI!! I MISSED IT BY TWO DAYS!! That last Tim Hortan’s of a week is always a killer, like, Disney coffee is HORRIBLE. I know when I move down there I’ll be brining so much with me! Ack, direct flight?! Damn you East coasterner! ….that’s a word right…..

MCO is totally my home airport, like, that’s home, Orlando is home, that is all. Like, in Finding Nemo when Dory’s all “I look at you, and I’m home” that is me, with everything from the moment I get off the plane.

I’ve never rented a car in Disney, then again, I’m not old enough to rent a car in the states, and I don’t have my full license yet baha! Did you do the whole “traveler license” thing I saw something posted on the dis about how a Canada license wouldn’t be accepted in the States?

Ahh Pop, my original home away from home, it’s great there! Glad you got to experience it!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 05-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #38
seadd67
DIS Veteran

I am planning on doing my first solo trip this Oct, so i am eagerly reading to see how your trip go's. Do you usually go solo?
Old 05-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #39
Poohs100AcreWood
Tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff

Loving this so far! I'm going solo at the end of October for the second time.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:09 AM   #40
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I think that once you have passed through the WDW sign everyone becomes a little kid at heart! That must be what happened to you.

That's so funny that you like to drive yourself around.... I leave the driving to the very capable bus drivers. Like the ones that take me to every other resort other than my own!! You don't know what you are missing!

What section of Pop Century was your room? Can't wait to see how Genita spoiled you!!

Great start Rob!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #41
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #42
WillowBelle
DIS Veteran

Great start! Pop is our favorite value. I just love the feeling of the place. We've stayed there 6 times now.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #43
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

We will probably be renting a car at Disney from now on. I don't know if we'll get it at the airport or not, because I'm prone to over packing and economy car trunks simply aren't big enough.
DH is definitely in your camp though. He likes to drive himself around. I think it's a control thing.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 05-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #44
Montyrob
Mouseketeer

what does the online check in do?
Old 05-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #45
FlaNani
Mouseketeer

Looks like I'm late for the party, but I'm here!

Subbing in!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: