Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #361
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Oh, I love that second castle picture from Dream Along With Mickey!

hahaha, the water thing. I love overhearing dumb comments like that. I realize not everyone is as obsessed as people like us, but that is still hilarious.

Aww, that CM with the Mickey glove and tons of buttons is so cute! I love Disney. 30 days until I get to go back!

Can't wait to hear about the resort hopping. Always a fun thing to do!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 07-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #362
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Rob, you and the gentleman in the red shirt coordinated your hand signals quite well on Splash! You were in the back of the log again... you know that's where they seat all the trouble makers!

So glad that I have you to explain the little details... I didn't get the peg leg thing from the photo. That is brilliant! The mermaid skeleton, a little creepy I admit. Makes me wonder how she ended up in that boat, on land, with pirates. Hmmm.... Maybe she didn't listen to her father like one of those other mermaids.

I love your castle reflecting a castle photo! Lovely! Speaking of great photos... that is a great shot right before you took the plunge on Splash with the Castle and CR/BLT in the distance. The last few times I have been on Splash I've been in the front so I had to put my camera away because I knew I was going to get wet! Both times we rode last year it was raining, er rather POURING when we went down the flume so I was double soaked.

Great update! I wonder what resort you will see next.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #363
11point5
Mouseketeer

Hahaha I love your ride photo from Splash!! Half the people in your log look legitimately terrified, and then I love how the guy beside you is like "THIS RIDE ROCKS!!! TWO ENTHUSIASTIC THUMBS UP!!" and you're like "eeeehhhh...i'll give it half a thumb.."
Can't wait to see more resort hopping pictures!! Maybe some monorail resorts?
April 2000 - (POFQ) Second Daddy-Daughter Trip!
April 2007 - (AS Sports) High School Band Trip!
October 2012 - (ASMu) DBF's First Trip AND Our 3 Year Dating Anniversary!
February 2014 - (POR) Glass Slipper Challenge Trip!

Old 07-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #364
peachmermaid
Mouseketeer

Ah, stupid tourists. At least use your map to find out the names of the rides. Come on now. They never cease to amuse me and make me feel smart though. Great picture, as always! Cute hub pictures too! Those statues are so adorable. And no, you can never have too many castle pictures! Great picture with reflection too! I love when a great castle shot pops up.

I haven't noticed the mermaid effect on pirates. I've seen the skeleton, which creeps me out too, but otherwise...maybe I don't realize it because I didn't see the 4th film? I've never seen that footprint and peg leg print while exiting! That is my new goal! So awesome. Maybe George tried to escape?

That CM with all the pins is awesome. Can I be her? I'd love to just stand in a doorway, littered with pins and waving to people with a mickey glove.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #365
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Cool character spotting! I bet those handlers are really used to having their pictures taken!
The water thing? Really? Not even an effort there, lets face it.
Love your on ride photos from the water thing
You must tell me, where are the POTC mermaids? I keep hearing all about them but not where to find them. Or is that the deal? If you see them, don't spoil it for anyone else? Only the worthy can see them? Lmao
That mermaid skeleton is pretty creepy anyway, I can see how it would be really bad after meeting Ariel!
Beautiful castle shot! I love that spot too. I also love showing people good picture spots... Although I admit to being guilty of once pointing my camera at absolutely nothing just to see if people would stop to see what I was seeing. They did.
Also love the statues around the hub. <3 they're so cute!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 07-15-2013, 12:12 PM   #366
katiee37
DIS Veteran

Just now starting to read your TR! I love all of your ride photos! Can't wait to read more!
January 2014 Art of Animation--Celebrating my birthday January 2014 PTR
January 2015--Running the 5K and (yikes) possibly the Half Marathon!

Old 07-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #367
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I love catching parts of Dream Along with Mickey. That show just doesn't get old! (For me, at least.)

Once again, great pictures from Splash! I especially love the one on top of the drop where you can see Bay Lake Tower.

Oooh, resort hopping, one of my favorite Disney past times! Can't wait to see where ya went!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 07-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #368
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa Pitman View Post
I love your photos! The castle and its reflection is just stunning, and the Splash Mountain ones are amazing!

Also, I don't ever think I've seen the Bear Jamboree guys walking around like that before. Maybe I've just had bad timing. Very cool. And an exercise routine might not be a bad idea for Big Al.

It is the details that make Disney, isn't it? There's always some small thing that I haven't noticed before that adds a little magic to my trip.

TP
Thank you so much Teresa! Not too bad for a point and click.

I actually saw them a few times. They do a little Hoe Down type thing out in front of The Country Bear Jamboree. I'll have more on that later... sort of.

Haha yeah pour 'ol Big All could stand to lose a few. But then he'd just be Little Al.

It absolutely is. It's the little things that make that place oh so special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Duck View Post
And that 50 minute wait is why I always FP Splash! I don't think I have EVER ridden in the stand-by line when it was longer than 20 minutes or so. Who knows what will happen in the future....dun dun duuuuuun.

New mermaid effect? To be honest, I don't recall anything special or overly new...maybe I was just excited to finally be on Pirates? I have to say though, I found that mermaid skeleton more cool than creepy. I'm one of those people that's like...Cool! I get to see the insides!

My favorite statue is (not surprisingly) DONALD! He's such a Happy Duck
Yupper! To be honest, I've ridden very few rides stand by unless it's a particularly slow day, or it's at opening. 20 minutes is my limit as well.

Yeah, I knew about it beforehand so I knew to look for it (yet still missed it first time through). It's not much really. Oh I agree the skeleton is cool... It just felt so weird after having just met Ariel.

Ha, nice one!!
Old 07-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #369
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Oh, I love that second castle picture from Dream Along With Mickey!

hahaha, the water thing. I love overhearing dumb comments like that. I realize not everyone is as obsessed as people like us, but that is still hilarious.

Aww, that CM with the Mickey glove and tons of buttons is so cute! I love Disney. 30 days until I get to go back!

Can't wait to hear about the resort hopping. Always a fun thing to do!
Aw thanks Sarah. Just good timing on my part.

I always get a kick out of people at WDW. If noting else, they can be as entertaining as Disney itself. That one REALLY made me laugh though.

Aww Yeah, she was adorable. There's just nothing like Disney CM's. Gahhhh, 30 days!!!

It definitely is, and something so new to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Rob, you and the gentleman in the red shirt coordinated your hand signals quite well on Splash! You were in the back of the log again... you know that's where they seat all the trouble makers!

So glad that I have you to explain the little details... I didn't get the peg leg thing from the photo. That is brilliant! The mermaid skeleton, a little creepy I admit. Makes me wonder how she ended up in that boat, on land, with pirates. Hmmm.... Maybe she didn't listen to her father like one of those other mermaids.

I love your castle reflecting a castle photo! Lovely! Speaking of great photos... that is a great shot right before you took the plunge on Splash with the Castle and CR/BLT in the distance. The last few times I have been on Splash I've been in the front so I had to put my camera away because I knew I was going to get wet! Both times we rode last year it was raining, er rather POURING when we went down the flume so I was double soaked.

Great update! I wonder what resort you will see next.
Haha, yeah I'd like to say we planned it that way... but I can't. I was starting to wonder about that. I think I was in the back every single time. Now I know why.

Just one of those little subtle amazing wonderful things. Brilliant. Just another little thing that makes Disney... Disney. Haha, yeah, I was more creeped out having just met Ariel.

Thanks bunches Brenda. I love that shot as well. And even more so watching all the people notice me taking the shot who then promptly took a similar shot right after.
That splash shot is one of those quickies. It's particularly tough since you're coming from a very dark lift, so it's tough to get the camera into the light and have it adjust in time for the shot to come out.

Hmmmm... and the mystery builds.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #370
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11point5 View Post
Hahaha I love your ride photo from Splash!! Half the people in your log look legitimately terrified, and then I love how the guy beside you is like "THIS RIDE ROCKS!!! TWO ENTHUSIASTIC THUMBS UP!!" and you're like "eeeehhhh...i'll give it half a thumb.."
Can't wait to see more resort hopping pictures!! Maybe some monorail resorts?
Bahaha, I think what happened there for me was I had just taken a photo right before the drop, so I dropped my right arm to protect the camera. But I still had to do something... thus the one handed thumbs up.

Oooh the suspense. I will not confirm nor deny the location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachmermaid View Post
Ah, stupid tourists. At least use your map to find out the names of the rides. Come on now. They never cease to amuse me and make me feel smart though. Great picture, as always! Cute hub pictures too! Those statues are so adorable. And no, you can never have too many castle pictures! Great picture with reflection too! I love when a great castle shot pops up.

I haven't noticed the mermaid effect on pirates. I've seen the skeleton, which creeps me out too, but otherwise...maybe I don't realize it because I didn't see the 4th film? I've never seen that footprint and peg leg print while exiting! That is my new goal! So awesome. Maybe George tried to escape?

That CM with all the pins is awesome. Can I be her? I'd love to just stand in a doorway, littered with pins and waving to people with a mickey glove.
Teehee, I know right??!! Dummies. I have a real pet peeve when it comes to ride names generally, but "The Water Thing?". Unforgivable.

The mermaid effect is really a non starter in my opinion and was only added last October I think. Even knowing it was there, I had still missed it. Second time through I asked the CM loading the boats it's exact location (it's right after the mist curtain and right before the skeletons). You can hear the mermaid's singing, then to me it's more of a lighting effect in the water. It's supposed to be a mermaid swimming, but it's really brief.

I LOVE the peg leg. Just one of those subtle Disney things.

Haha, me too Jennifer. It seems like the best job ever.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #371
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Cool character spotting! I bet those handlers are really used to having their pictures taken!
The water thing? Really? Not even an effort there, lets face it.
Love your on ride photos from the water thing
You must tell me, where are the POTC mermaids? I keep hearing all about them but not where to find them. Or is that the deal? If you see them, don't spoil it for anyone else? Only the worthy can see them? Lmao
That mermaid skeleton is pretty creepy anyway, I can see how it would be really bad after meeting Ariel!
Beautiful castle shot! I love that spot too. I also love showing people good picture spots... Although I admit to being guilty of once pointing my camera at absolutely nothing just to see if people would stop to see what I was seeing. They did.
Also love the statues around the hub. <3 they're so cute!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Ha, yeah no doubt there. That last one though was like right in her face.

Oy, just no imagination at all.

Thank you muchly!

They are located right after the mist screen and right before the skeletons. It's basically just a projection in the water (apparently on either side, but I only saw on the left). It only lasts a second, and just keeps cycling like that. It's supposed to be a mermaid swimming, but I found it really hard to make out.

It was really due to having JUST met Ariel that I found it so creepy I think.

It's a fantastic spot, particularly when the water is still like that.
Bahahaha... people are so stupid and entertaining.

This was the first time I took pics of them. I figured since I was alone I wouldn't be holding anybody up, so a perfect time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiee37 View Post
Just now starting to read your TR! I love all of your ride photos! Can't wait to read more!
Katie. Thank you ever so much!! I'm incredibly delighted you're here and really hope you enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I love catching parts of Dream Along with Mickey. That show just doesn't get old! (For me, at least.)

Once again, great pictures from Splash! I especially love the one on top of the drop where you can see Bay Lake Tower.

Oooh, resort hopping, one of my favorite Disney past times! Can't wait to see where ya went!
No it does not Marissa. I wholeheartedly agree. It was too bad it was the end (but good timing for fireworks), but I figured I would have many more opportunities to see it. Such a good show.

EEEEE, I've been trying for that shot forever!!! Thank God I finally got it. I tended to just blast away with the photos. I figure if the photo sucks, it can be deleted.

Hehe, it may be somewhere unexpected...
Old 07-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #372
maryj11
DIS Veteran

I love the picture of the castle with it's reflection in the water
Old 07-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #373
katt789
DIS Veteran

Awesoem fast pass luck!! Yay!

Man, no dancing on any of these rides, Disney is such sticklers for the rules!

You didn’t miss much mermaid wise, there’s just a skelton at the beginning, I thought it would be something cool, but nooooo

Nice splash pictures!! Man, I WILL take more pictures on rides this time around!!

So excited for the mine train! It’s gonna be greeeeaaattt
Uhm, I would like a lefou’s brew right meow please…darn you for tempting me…

I have to agree I really love the way they’ve done the grotto with only really one at a time greeting, it makes it more special, and you don’t really have the pressure to finish up everything super fast!

AHAHAHAH #DYING best ever.

Yay ariel!!

Nice splash picture, the kid infront of you looks like he’s falling to his death!

Yay!

Instagram:Katt789
Twitter: KattWy

Old 07-17-2013, 06:30 AM   #374
jash08
Mouseketeer

Just found your trip report and I am joining in!

I have never been to Disney solo before. Sounds like it would definitely be interesting, but awesome to do whatever you want!

2013 Trip Report -- Don't Put Your Hand on Mickey's Hat

2014 Trip Report -- It's Not a Doughnut, But It Will Do!

Old 07-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #375
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Ahh, the B'rer characters!!! I would LOVE to see them in the parks (aside from walking in the AK parade). The Water Thing (which I'm TOTALLY going to call it now! ) is my most favorite ride ever! What were they all out for?

The kid in the second row of your Splash picture looks like he's having the time of his LIFE.

The side view photo of the Castle is probably my most favorite vantage point. I can't even tell you how many pictures we have from that angle!

The mermaid skeleton is so creepy in a cool way. I love how they have found a way to incorporate the Pirates movies without changing the look, feel, and nostalgia of the original attraction.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: