Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
dawgem
Earning My Ears

dinner CS at MK June vs walk up at a resort

Hi, We are crazy excited for our sons first trip to MK, DS4. Actually his birthday is that wk so DS5.

1. what are the secrets to getting late ADR's?

2. what are the best choice for walk up sit down vs cs for late lunch or early dinner at Magic Kingdom?

From all the research so far, I was thinking CHH, but would like advice on sit down choices that maybe available this late.

Love your site.

Also, think someone should start a "best tips" thread in all forums. I spent days on the MK best tips used thread.

dawgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
shortnsassy730
Mouseketeer

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with available ADRS this late in the game. If I were to dine in MK, it would be lunch at Liberty Tree. You may have to take a later lunch time at say 1:30-2:00 but its doable. Also, Kona at the Poly will probably have dinner reservations available and I love it there. I think if you do a general search you will find lots of options this late in the game. Just maybe not at the most popular times.

Also, alot of people cancel last minute. So check back often before you leave!

Have a great trip!!

shortnsassy730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #3
bleeps
DIS Veteran

Have you checked out the Disney website for booking ADRs? It is very easy there to put in a date and time and see what's available.

We took our DS on his first trip to WDW and he turned 5 on the trip -- hope it is as magical for you as it was for us!

What I can say from that experience is that our son hated to leave the parks for any reason, so eating in MK was the best choice for us. (Even when we had what we thought would be fun meals planned elsewhere, he'd be miserable because of the time it takes to get back and forth to places outside the parks.) The advantage of eating at a sit-down (table service) place is that they are air conditioned and the food is brought to you -- our counter service (CS) experiences were a little more challenging in getting through lines, carrying trays of food, trying to find places to sit, often outdoors with no air conditioning, etc.

SO -- my advice is to jump on the Disney web site and see what ADRs are available. Next would be (if you are staying on property) to check in with the concierge/guest services desk at your hotel once you get there and they can check for you. Last option would be to go to guest services at the park on the day-of, and have them check for you. Personally the last thing I would recommend is literally walking up -- you don't want to end up wandering the park trying to find someplace that can seat you; at that point, CS would be easier.

And, yes, CHH is a lovely CS choice, if it comes to that.

WDW once a year since 2003!
bleeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: